• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Think We Are In Trouble This Saturday

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I watched this weekend I say we are in for a tough time in Knoxville unless there is major improvement from week one.

Defense - Played pretty well except for Sanchez getting beat on the double move yet again. Against a more accurate passing game we will give up some balls over the top.

Offense - Akron pretty much shut this team out in the 1st quarter. A start like that against the Vols and we may be down a couple of scores before the game really gets going. Run blocking was pitiful and Mayfield needed to move his feet on almost every pass. And was is this crap on 3 and 15 handing the ball off? Maybe it was just the penalties putting us behind the chains all night but we can't afford that against better competition.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're over reacting.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll see a completely different look on Offense. If we don't, then maybe things go south.
No way we hand the ball off to the RB at a dead stand still again, like we did 10 years ago, it was terrible then and it's terrible now. If we do, then we still have serious problems of offense. The slow start doesn't bother me because those things happen in first games. Also have the feeling that game plan was pure vanilla.

Sanchez is going to be Sanchez. He'll make as many good plays as bad plays. It's what he does.
Maybe he gets some more help over there, but hopefully we make them 1 dimensional from snap 1.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee didn't look too impressive early against BG last week either. They started off slow and gave up alot of yardage. Our O line needs to step it up. We have the horses(Perine & Mixon), but they need some open pasture to get going. We have a better corp of receivers than last year and a better QB. I really enjoyed seeing the down field blocking by the young WR's. Mayfield had alot of targets and most looked pretty good. Our D should be a bit better than last season. We gave up a bit on D line, but our LB's and DB's are more seasoned. We had a great kicker in Hunnicut, but Seibert has a cannon for a leg. Looking at his kickoffs, he could possibly be a 60+ yd FG kicker. After a quiet start, I have a feeling that Ross will be looking to make a statement if given the opportunity on returns.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be alright. A close game but we have more weapons imo so we should win. Look for Striker and Tapper to have another big game against them.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you guys are right and I am just overreacting. I saw too many 3 and outs from the offense and that puts too much pressure on the defense. We were able to "out athlete" Akron. We won't have that luxury against Tennessee.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you guys are right and I am just overreacting. I saw too many 3 and outs from the offense and that puts too much pressure on the defense. We were able to "out athlete" Akron. We won't have that luxury against Tennessee.

New offense, new players, new qb = some early game jitters. You're over thinking this.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What OU needs Saturday is a fast start. Another "screw around" first quarter and we'll be in trouble. It's a balancing act: we need Mayfield & Co. to play lights out but we won't survive early interceptions and too many 3-and-outs through the first quarter and second quarter. Tennessee is going to score. Maybe a lot. We need to score and keep scoring to keep things under control. If our defense holds them to 21 I'll be ecstatic.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowling Green gave Tennessee fits for a while. BG is a little better than Akron, but I thnk the games are comparable. I think this game will be similar in nature to the Ohio St. v. VA Tech game, with Tennessee leading at the half but ending in a strong win for Oklahoma.

Oklahoma 42, Tennessee 24

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowling Green had over 500 yards of total offense. If BG is little better than Akron...OU shouldn't have any problems with offense. Shouldn't. The run game was bad; maybe this is gonna be a "pass to open up the run" offenses. Of course, Akron sold out to stop the run and once Riley got there, the offense under Mayfield had no problems.

Hopefully optimistic. That's where I stand.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tenn beat BG 59-30.
I'll bet they were more concerned about hiding things and injuries than the score or yards given up, just like us really.

I don't think their first game will resemble anything they bring for us

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tenn beat BG 59-30.
I'll bet they were more concerned about hiding things and injuries than the score or yards given up, just like us really.

I don't think their first game will resemble anything they bring for us

I don't see where that helps with them getting burned for 30 points and 400+ yards through the air.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where that helps with them getting burned for 30 points and 400+ yards through the air.
Yeah, me either, unless they stayed in their base defense and didn't move into what they are going to use against us and tip their hand. They had that game under control, so it's just guesswork on my part.

I hope they suck and just couldn't stop them.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rather optimistic about this game actually. I see the sooners rolling on Saturday

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right fucking now tell me what was the problem last year? What was our biggest fucking problem?

Well that problem isn't a problem anymore. He'll see some snaps if there is any junk time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right fucking now tell me what was the problem last year? What was our biggest fucking problem?

Well that problem isn't a problem anymore. He'll see some snaps if there is any junk time.

I'll give you our top 3 in no particular order.

Trevor Knight and turnovers
Josh Heupel
Defensive secondary

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you our top 3 in no particular order.

Trevor Knight and turnovers
Josh Heupel
Defensive secondary

Good choices. Those were three big problems, for sure, but let's add Mike Stoops. The guy has not proved in years that he can coach a dog to scratch. And the half time adjustments in the past few years have been a farce. If Tennessee can be stopped in Knoxville we will have proof that something good has finally happened to our defense. If not, then I'm not confident at all we will do well in a Big XII conference full of gunslinger offenses.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good choices. Those were three big problems, for sure, but let's add Mike Stoops. The guy has not proved in years that he can coach a dog to scratch. And the half time adjustments in the past few years have been a farce. If Tennessee can be stopped in Knoxville we will have proof that something good has finally happened to our defense. If not, then I'm not confident at all we will do well in a Big XII conference full of gunslinger offenses.

We'll see what moving him upstairs does for the defense. I think it will force him to slow down, chill the fuck out, and see the whole field. I also like that he has his hands off the secondary.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that Bob has shelved his headset too.

Gives him an opportunity to get a better feel, and rail on the refs incessantly.