• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things that Chip did right this year

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a long thread...and go...

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted Jordan Hicks.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded for Sam Bradford.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got fired (well I hoping)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted Eric Rowe. I think this kid is going to be a special player.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted Nelson Agholor. He will be a player. Hopefully for the Eagles. He just needs coaching and to stay healthy. Many receivers take a year or so.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Ryan Matthews, extended Kendricks, traded Boykin, signed Thurmond.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting williams, fletcher, herremans, cole, mathis

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much?

Drafted Jordan Hicks is a good one. After that...it all looks bad to me.

Extending Kendricks actually looks very questionable right now. Have you watched his play in recent weeks? He is struggling big time. He and Alonso both look bad.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much?

Drafted Jordan Hicks is a good one. After that...it all looks bad to me.

Extending Kendricks actually looks very questionable right now. Have you watched his play in recent weeks? He is struggling big time. He and Alonso both look bad.

I seem to recall all of the whining about him possibly being trade bait. We pretty much all agreed that this was a good thing when it happened.

I'm not going to criticize Chip for doing something I agreed with. Just have to hope he and Alonso who was obviously not at his best this year can recover.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall all of the whining about him possibly being trade bait. We pretty much all agreed that this was a good thing when it happened.

I'm not going to criticize Chip for doing something I agreed with. Just have to hope he and Alonso who was obviously not at his best this year can recover.
Chips is supposed to be smarter than me. I'm not really sure that he is.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip just laid it out in his presser. Players weren't consistant enough and the young guys aren't going to play next week because they didn't earn it. He's not quitting this year.....for sure.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that at the time, keeping Kendricks seemed smart. Just saying that, right now, it looks less smart. For an athletic LB he can't seem to cover anyone. He and Alonso together is painful. They get toasted all day by backs and TEs.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip just laid it out in his presser. Players weren't consistant enough and the young guys aren't going to play next week because they didn't earn it. He's not quitting this year.....for sure.
Chip also said in his presser "I'm not the GM". He's a lying ass weasel, who's team has regressed in nearly every important category each year he's been in charge: wins, yards, points, point differential, yards given up, penalties, turnovers...

Hicks, Rowe, Ryan Matthews, Walter Thurmond look like good moves. Bradford/Foles is a wash as far as i'm concerned. Big picture wise, that's not enough to bring this pied-piper back. We're not a few tweaks away from being good. We were a few tweaks away last year and his boneheaded moves made it worse. He'd have to throw his entire philosophy out the window to turn this team around and i highly doubt he does that.

ONLY way i bring him back is if he submits to a real GM. If he can't handle that, GTFO.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest here. There should really be 2 categories:

Things that Chip did right in the moment:

Things that Chip did right in hindsight:

Not counting the draft, because I think everyone was pretty okay with it, though certainly not completely stoked. Plus I find the whole thing rather arbitrary unless there is some sort of can't miss prospect in the Top 10, which we were nowhere near. There was a quite a bit he did right both in the moment, and that stands up pretty good in hindsight:

- Released Todd Herremans, James Casey, Trent Cole, Cary Williams
- Signed Brad Jones, Walter Thurmond, Ryan Mathews
- Resigned Brandon Graham, Cedric Thorton
- Traded Nick Foles, and 2016 2nd Round Pick for Sam Bradford

That last one is certainly debatable. But I think everyone would agree he certainly played better than Foles, and seemed to pick it up towards the end of the year. I think it'll really come down to his career here, rather then just what he did this year that determines if it was worth the 2nd round pick. Obviously Foles is hardly a factor at this point.

Now there are definitely a few that were good (or at least good-ish) in the moment, but in hindsight turned out bad. Namely:

- Released Evan Mathis
- Signed Demarco Murray, Miles Austin
- Resigned Mark Sanchez
- Traded LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso

Though again, the last one could be debatable depending on the rest of Kiko's career here, but certainly for 2015 it was bad.

Honestly I think the biggest mistake in the offeseason was letting Maclin walk. I know his contract is high, but honestly he deserves most of it this year with the numbers he has catching the ball from Alex Smith of all people. Notice I don't have it on either list, as I personally thought it was a mistake in the moment, and now an even bigger one looking back on it.

TLDR; pretty generic, some good, some bad, but combined with a poor scheme that was made poorer by a few mistakes, we get the season we got.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do right?

the team has gone from 10-6 to 6-9. It has regressed on offence, regressed on defense. the o line has gone backwards, the wr's have gone backwards despite spending a first, second and third on them. the defensive line got worse as the season wore on the lb's got worse. The secondary gave up a record number of passing td's. The defence gave up over 6000 yards for the third year in a row.

And people think he got something right?:nono:

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed DeMarco Murray. Didn't work out for us but arguably ruined Dallas' year. Maybe Romo doesn't get hurt if he has a running game.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The young player not earning it is BS. There are rookies and young players contributing all over the NFL, even on playoff teams. Chip is either not picking the right young players, he's not coaching them up, or he's not giving them the leeway to learn on the job. Any of those three problems is on him.

Personally, I don't think he's giving them enough rope. Hicks would have never seen the field this year if Chip's hand wasn't forced by injury.

It's the Larry Brown syndrome of no trust in young players. If he doesn't change his philosophies on young guys, he's going to put this team in cap hell in no time. He got a good ways there in one season of personnel control. I'm sure he's going to buy a ton of veterans this offseason at hefty prices because he doesn't ever think rookies "earn" their playing time.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that Chip did right this year:

200_s.gif

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The young player not earning it is BS. There are rookies and young players contributing all over the NFL, even on playoff teams. Chip is either not picking the right young players, he's not coaching them up, or he's not giving them the leeway to learn on the job. Any of those three problems is on him.

Personally, I don't think he's giving them enough rope. Hicks would have never seen the field this year if Chip's hand wasn't forced by injury.

It's the Larry Brown syndrome of no trust in young players. If he doesn't change his philosophies on young guys, he's going to put this team in cap hell in no time. He got a good ways there in one season of personnel control. I'm sure he's going to buy a ton of veterans this offseason at hefty prices because he doesn't ever think rookies "earn" their playing time.
Eagles are the only team in the NFL where rookies aren't expected to contribute.