• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things could have been different

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conflict over drafting Russell Wilson kept Bret Bielema from Dolphins - CBSSports.com

Image if this would have happened. Think they would be better, I do.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm sure that Mike Sherman wanted the Dolphins to draft Tannehill. Russell Wilson has that certain "it" factor that often leads his team to victory. Tannehill has good abilities also. He is an accuracte short range and mid range passer. He runs very well like Wilson. He just doesn't run as often. Tannehill has taken time to develop but I see steady progress with him. I think with Bill Lazor as the OC Tannehill will keep getting better.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conflict over drafting Russell Wilson kept Bret Bielema from Dolphins - CBSSports.com

Image if this would have happened. Think they would be better, I do.

Its really hard to say. I mean, on the surface, I whole heartedly agree with you. I would much rather have Wilson (as of right now) than Tanny. The only thing that needs to be at least mentioned is the CULTURE in Miami, like it or not. Our present culture, whether fans want to admit it or not, does not allow rising stars to finally reach stardom. It does not allow free agents that come here to earn the salary they are being paid, let alone perform ABOVE expectations. It certainly does not allow 'high ceiling' college players to continue on an upward plane, or very seldom is that true. All that being said, Wilson very well might have been just another 3rd round quarterback. There really is no mystery as to why players leave Miami and generally make the pro-bowl the following year with a different team. I cannot speak intelligently as to the exact reason all this takes place. My feeling is, most of it is simple 'player development'.....or lack thereof. Some of it could be the fact that players simply do not trust nor believe the 'system' that has been put into place in Miami. Winning cures A LOT of deficiencies....losing only magnifies them. Until the CULTURE changes in Miami(something that I personally do not believe will change until Phibin is gone), great players will continue to be good and good players will continue to be average. Oh-until they leave Miami that is.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really hard to say. I mean, on the surface, I whole heartedly agree with you. I would much rather have Wilson (as of right now) than Tanny. The only thing that needs to be at least mentioned is the CULTURE in Miami, like it or not. Our present culture, whether fans want to admit it or not, does not allow rising stars to finally reach stardom. It does not allow free agents that come here to earn the salary they are being paid, let alone perform ABOVE expectations. It certainly does not allow 'high ceiling' college players to continue on an upward plane, or very seldom is that true. All that being said, Wilson very well might have been just another 3rd round quarterback. There really is no mystery as to why players leave Miami and generally make the pro-bowl the following year with a different team. I cannot speak intelligently as to the exact reason all this takes place. My feeling is, most of it is simple 'player development'.....or lack thereof. Some of it could be the fact that players simply do not trust nor believe the 'system' that has been put into place in Miami. Winning cures A LOT of deficiencies....losing only magnifies them. Until the CULTURE changes in Miami(something that I personally do not believe will change until Phibin is gone), great players will continue to be good and good players will continue to be average. Oh-until they leave Miami that is.....

I think Philbin will be without excuse if the team doesn't get to the playoffs next year. The top teams get better as the season goes along. That needs to happen with the Fins. That said, the team could make the playoffs next year. I would like to see the Fins have a winning culture. Last year we saw how quickly an Oline could improve. Hickey added some quality talent in his first year but losing a very good LT (among other key injuries) was tough to overcome. Let's hope the team stays healthy and has enough quality depth to deal with injuries next year. When the Fins start becoming a winning organization even more veteran FA's will want to play for the Fins. S. Florida is a great place to live and the Fins have been willing to pay players well when they meet expectations. The upcoming draft could lead to some quality picks for the Fins with mid round selections.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of looking at this as what we may have missed with Bielema at the head coach position. I understand there are alot of unknowns in that situation. I was never sold of Philbin and still think after he leads team to another 9-7, 8-8 or 7-9 season again to is time to go. \

I also understand that the front office plays major role in success of team and that may be where problem lies. Obviously Ireland didn't know what he was doing (glad he is gone) and Ross is a total cluster fu-k IMO

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of looking at this as what we may have missed with Bielema at the head coach position. I understand there are alot of unknowns in that situation. I was never sold of Philbin and still think after he leads team to another 9-7, 8-8 or 7-9 season again to is time to go. \

I also understand that the front office plays major role in success of team and that may be where problem lies. Obviously Ireland didn't know what he was doing (glad he is gone) and Ross is a total cluster fu-k IMO

I couldn't said it any better myself bro....the successful NFL teams all have very intelligent front offices. Our front office has been a dumpster fire for 20+ yrs. It is still a total joke today. Ross clearly has no clue how to put together a successful front office, much less build a solid NFL franchise. Yes, Miami will win no more than 9 games in '15, and will be lucky to finish .500 again.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what Cards Fin 1, Mike Tannenbaum is another problem. He pretty much put the JETSSSSS, in the position they have been in for past 5 years, bare cupboard.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what Cards Fin 1, Mike Tannenbaum is another problem. He pretty much put the JETSSSSS, in the position they have been in for past 5 years, bare cupboard.

My point exactly....by hiring Tannenbaum, one might conclude that Miami's problem(s) lies in the front office, which is really confusing to me. Hickey had perhaps the best draft for Miami in quite awhile, CLEARLY the problem with Miami is coaching/player development. The comedy show that Miami has become is no longer about personnel, its about coaching. So, rather than continuing to add to the front office and confuse virtually everyone not named Ross or Aponte, how about hire a coach that ACTUALLY has the support of his players and can manage a damned clock? Oh, that's right....Philbin has naked pictures of Stephen Ross doing questionable things with plastic fruit. Almost forgot....