• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"They embarrassed us in front of our fans, and I want to do the same to them"

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caputo should be reading this article, just in case he forgot about the Holiday Bowl

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This is exactly why I don't understand why everyone thinks we should just walk right over this Washington team..........

I honestly feel like we are the underdog in this game. Washington is coming here to prove something, and they don't have a damn thing to lose.............we sure as hell better be taking the same approach.

And the fans better not walk into that stadium expecting a blowout either. They BETTER BE LOUD!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This is exactly why I don't understand why everyone thinks we should just walk right over this Washington team..........

I honestly feel like we are the underdog in this game. Washington is coming here to prove something, and they don't have a damn thing to lose.............we sure as hell better be taking the same approach.

And the fans better not walk into that stadium expecting a blowout either. They BETTER BE LOUD!

I don't think a single person in the country thinks Nebraska is the underdog, JJM.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope the offensive line is ready to roll. Don't want to see some huge Samoan with a chip on his shoulder in the backfield all day long.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a single person in the country thinks Nebraska is the underdog, JJM.

The Washington players do..............and our team better understand that. We have a team coming in on Saturday who wants to kick the shit out of us, and they believe they can. It will be just like the Holiday Bowl all over again if our players just assume that we're gonna walk right over them.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think washington covers...but what do you want the Huskie players to say...lets roll over like we did last sept?

due to us not showing up in dec..this team thinks they can beat us and until we beat them....they do have scoreboard.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think washington covers...but what do you want the Huskie players to say...lets roll over like we did last sept?

due to us not showing up in dec..this team thinks they can beat us and until we beat them....they do have scoreboard.

There's a lot of things he could say aside from wanting to embarrass the Huskers in front of their fans. That right there is bulletin board material sir.

Here's one: "We're really looking forward to this game."

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington thinks they are going to win? That's how every team should approach every game. If anyone thinks that Bo didn't have the players up for the Holiday Bowl needs to have their head examined. Washington not only outplayed our offense, they made the Blackshirts look pedestrian on too many plays. It's naive to think Bo will not have the team prepared and have their attitudes right. It may be a case that Washington simply outplays us like they did in the Holiday Bowl. Why do I believe that won't happen? They don't have a Jake Locker in their huddle this year. Thats why I'm predicting: NU 30 Washington 19.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington thinks they are going to win? That's how every team should approach every game. If anyone thinks that Bo didn't have the players up for the Holiday Bowl needs to have their head examined. Washington not only outplayed our offense, they made the Blackshirts look pedestrian on too many plays. It's naive to think Bo will not have the team prepared and have their attitudes right. It may be a case that Washington simply outplays us like they did in the Holiday Bowl. Why do I believe that won't happen? They don't have a Jake Locker in their huddle this year. Thats why I'm predicting: NU 30 Washington 19.

Well I've personally heard players say they didn't give a shit about that game and they were just there to have fun so that shoots that argument down.

Taylor was playing at about 50%, Baker didn't make the trip which was HUGE. Like irule says, that's the only reason they were running on us, Terrence Moore got his dick kicked in out there.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So do you think we were up to play Fresno last week? Do you think Fresno is a better team? because they sure manhandled us for half a game.
Last year how do they go to OKie LIte (11-2), Missouri (10-3) Washington at the beginning of the season and whoop on them but then barely beat SDSU, lose to a 5-7 Texas in our house, get wiped up by Washington in a bowl?

These are the same team but at times they come out and play and sometimes they just expected a w to be handed to them. Were these teams we lost to better teams? Not a single one. Yes they outplayed us because the players were not up for the game.

As for no Jake Locker you might want to look at what their new quarterback is doing this year. Price is hot and we're not exactly putting the fear of God into quarterbacks as of yet or locking down any receivers.

Washington scares me because this game should be one where we come out and kick their ass up one side of the field and down the other but what recent history has shown is we just aren't a team that does that.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plorst

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think we were up to play Fresno last week? Do you think Fresno is a better team? because they sure manhandled us for half a game.
Last year how do they go to OKie LIte (11-2), Missouri (10-3) Washington at the beginning of the season and whoop on them but then barely beat SDSU, lose to a 5-7 Texas in our house, get wiped up by Washington in a bowl?

These are the same team but at times they come out and play and sometimes they just expected a w to be handed to them. Were these teams we lost to better teams? Not a single one. Yes they outplayed us because the players were not up for the game.

As for no Jake Locker you might want to look at what their new quarterback is doing this year. Price is hot and we're not exactly putting the fear of God into quarterbacks as of yet or locking down any receivers.

Washington scares me because this game should be one where we come out and kick their ass up one side of the field and down the other but what recent history has shown is we just aren't a team that does that.

Exactly, regarding your last paragraph. We have outrecruited Washington by miles. We should kick their ass and yes, we have not shown that ability at times.

I'm not denying their new quarterbacks statistics, but he hasn't been to Lincoln. If he can continue his success in our house then good for him.

I'm predicting we beat Washington 30-19 today and that doesn't change we were outplayed in the Holiday Bowl. For those screaming revenge, the only thing we need to revenge is our sloppy play in the Holiday Bowl.

If you've read any of my posts, you would know that I think Bo should be on a very small leash. We need to look elsewhere if good teams continue to outplay (or we don't destroy the SDSU's of the world) or if we have another Holiday Bowl like performance.

As far as the players not taking this game or that game seriously, including last year's Holiday Bowl, thanks for the laugh. That's one thing I'll never worry about. A Bo Pelini team will always be up for any game. The question is can Bo bring a game plan that outshines the other coach. So far, he can't against the better ones.

Peace!

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I've personally heard players say they didn't give a shit about that game and they were just there to have fun so that shoots that argument down.

Taylor was playing at about 50%, Baker didn't make the trip which was HUGE. Like irule says, that's the only reason they were running on us, Terrence Moore got his dick kicked in out there.

They were running because they outplayed us. Washington had their injuries going into that game, including, but not limited too, a decimated defensive line. A 30% Taylor should have had success.

To be frank, Bo wasn't my first pick for HC because he is a Defensive Coordinator exclusively. There wasn't a bunch of programs jumping over each other trying to hire him. He is a defensive genius and master motivator. Nothing yet has shown me that he can be pull an entire team together. Perhaps he's not CEO material.

Regarding the Holiday Bowl, claiming this person or that person was injured is weak. Especially concerning the defense. Last year's defense was deep. Sad, but true, we were outplayed by a .500 team period.

As far as what you "personally heard", I'm sure there were players who decided not to lose sleep over worrying about the game and decided to play the game they knew they were capable of playing and have fun with it. You'll have to do better than what you "personally heard" to convince anyone that any player was so flippant that they "didn't give a shit". Again, I may question Bo's ability to run an entire program or out coach the opponent, no one should ever question his ability to motivate and keep his players focused. Again, I am on record that may not be enough to make this program what it should be. Perennial National Championship contenders. It is my prayer that Bo leads this team to the promised land and make me eat crow.

Today I predict we beat Washington 30-19.

God Bless!

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please disregard my last 2 posts. I've been upset over the performance in the first 2 games and I let that stress get the better of me. I'm not looking to fight. Peace!