• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

These three quarterbacks

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct, but to someone was trying to blame it on EVERYONE but rivers
Not sure if you mean me as the "someone", but I said he made mistakes in those games. I just listed some other things that cost them playoff games to show it wasn't just his fault.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers is a tease... has shown great potential, just never realized it. Too inconsistent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford
Cutler
Rivers

These franchises will never be able to move forward with these three at the helm, and their management seems to think they are the answer.

Especially a facepalm to Stafford. Loaded with talent and the guy cant win, at all.

Cutler to me stands out as the poster child for this thread....but even he put up great numbers when they had it all working, but the DEF got old.

Rivers kinda reminds me of Marino's career a little...just never had enough on the other size other the ball even in Seau's prime..they were always a tad short on DEF imo

Stafford...imo bad position coaching hurt him...never outgrew the gunslinger mentality...wants the game on his shoulders, but too careless with the ball for that kind of responsibility.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Marino comes to mind.
the fins had zero ground game in marinos tenure, til the very end with parmalee then abdul jabbar...and thats not much. higgs wasnt very good, and sammmie smith was a bust.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fins had zero ground game in marinos tenure, til the very end with parmalee then abdul jabbar...and thats not much. higgs wasnt very good, and sammmie smith was a bust.

Hard to run when you throw it 40 times a game.

Plenty of examples of other QBs that were never able to win the big game but were still great QB.

Warren Moon
Dan Fouts
Dan Marino

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to run when you throw it 40 times a game.

Plenty of examples of other QBs that were never able to win the big game but were still great QB.

Warren Moon - run n shoot
Dan Fouts - air coryell
Dan Marino - no run game

common denominators above

ZERO, or very limited ground game in those offenses. the run n shoot? air coryell?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
common denominators above

ZERO, or very limited ground game in those offenses. the run n shoot? air coryell?

Yup. Which is why they are Hall of Fame QBs.

No one is suggesting that Rivers is a Hall of Famer.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Which is why they are Hall of Fame QBs.

No one is suggesting that Rivers is a Hall of Famer.
i think he may be

nearing fouts career passing yards (another season and a half he passes him)

most TD's in club history (260 to fouts 254) with half the picks (yeah, i know...eras)

96.0 career rating

same number of SB wins as fouts

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he may be

nearing fouts career passing yards (another season and a half he passes him)

most TD's in club history (260 to fouts 254) with half the picks (yeah, i know...eras)

96.0 career rating

same number of SB wins as fouts

Probably 7-8 QBs that are presently playing get into the HOF based on looking at number of QBs in HOF that played in 80s or 90s.

Locks - P. Manning (ring), Brady (4 rings)
Very good shot - Rodgers (ring)
Decent shot - Big Ben (2 rings), Brees (ring)

That is the first 5 I would would vote for based on current resumes of those playing.

So you can choose 2-3 more from this list:
- Rivers
- Romo
- Flacco (ring)
- E. Manning (2 rings)
- Ryan
- Luck
- Wilson (ring)

That is how you should look at this... not comparing to past eras, but comparing against his peers.

Other items...
- Last QBs to make it in HOF were Aikman and Moon in 2006... has been a drought for some time now.
- Current nominees... Drew Bledsoe, BRETT FAVRE, Steve McNair, Phil Simms, Vinny Testaverde, Kurt Warner.
From that list Favre makes it, Warner has a decent chance.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably 7-8 QBs that are presently playing get into the HOF based on looking at number of QBs in HOF that played in 80s or 90s.

Locks - P. Manning (ring), Brady (4 rings)
Very good shot - Rodgers (ring)
Decent shot - Big Ben (2 rings), Brees (ring)

That is the first 5 I would would vote for based on current resumes of those playing.

So you can choose 2-3 more from this list:
- Rivers
- Romo
- Flacco (ring)
- E. Manning (2 rings)
- Ryan
- Luck
- Wilson (ring)

That is how you should look at this... not comparing to past eras, but comparing against his peers.

Other items...
- Last QBs to make it in HOF were Aikman and Moon in 2006... has been a drought for some time now.
- Current nominees... Drew Bledsoe, BRETT FAVRE, Steve McNair, Phil Simms, Vinny Testaverde, Kurt Warner.
From that list Favre makes it, Warner has a decent chance.
Ive always said bledsoe gets in some day down the road. His pure numbers compared to contemporaries and greats stack up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're talking about 3 of the worst-managed teams in the NFL. And Rivers is one of the best in the league.

If Flacco & Eli can go on hot enough stretches to win 3 combined SBs, then these guys could too with a good enough team. Even Kaeptard came close to winning one with ungodly talent around him (stupid Peyton passed up a chance to win rings in SF :mad2:).

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put Rivers in the same company as Cutler or stafford. He is the real deal, he has just never had a great team around him.
I don't either, Rivers is a very good QB swap him out with a couple of recent SB winning QB's and he has his ring.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford
Cutler
Rivers
Flacco

These franchises will never be able to move forward with these four at the helm, and their management seems to think they are the answer.

Especially a facepalm to Stafford. Loaded with talent and the guy cant win, at all.

:fify:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here we go with the big armed quarterbacks: Cutler and Stafford.

Everyone everywhere (especially NFL talent guys) fall in love with their arms. They both can throw a football/spin it with the best of them...but they CANT WIN GAMES.

MTP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the alternative here? They're supposed to give up, pack it in, and wait for someone like Luck to fall to them?

Its easy to nitpick, but right now, the Chargers and Lions are definitely better off with Rivers and Stafford under center than anyone else currently available.