• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There will be no Spring College Football season

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, PAC, B1G, Mountain West, and MAC are basically sitting it out for a year. And before you even bother to say otherwise, YES the ACC BIG12 and SEC are still going to play, probably the entire season. Do not forget that AAC, C-USA, and Sunbelt are also still a go for the fall.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread isn’t going to age well when everyone else ends up shutting it down.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread isn’t going to age well when everyone else ends up shutting it down.

Oh so you think there WILL be spring football? Not a chance. That's just what is being floated to give hope to the conferences that bailed on the season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may well shut down. Maybe before the season starts. But they will not be premature ejaculators like the rest. Cancelling the season on Aug 10 is premature. IIRC, the SEC doesn't start till Sept. 24. Plenty of time for things to change and they might cancel. But they aren't going to shoot off on themselves early. If they do start, they may not get past the 4th Saturday in Oct.
But goddammit, they are going to try!

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so you think there WILL be spring football? Not a chance. That's just what is being floated to give hope to the conferences that bailed on the season.

No. There’s going to be no football for anyone until fall 2021.

Let me guess “BuT tHeY sAy ThEy ArE PlAyInG” so did the Big 10 and Pac 12 until they weren’t lol

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may well shut down. Maybe before the season starts. But they will not be premature ejaculators like the rest. Cancelling the season on Aug 10 is premature. IIRC, the SEC doesn't start till Sept. 24. Plenty of time for things to change and they might cancel. But they aren't going to shoot off on themselves early. If they do start, they may not get past the 4th Saturday in Oct.
But goddammit, they are going to try!

The B1G was scheduled to start on September 3. The other 3 have the ability to hold out a little longer that’s about it. Around the beginning of September will probably be when it goes down

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me guess “BuT tHeY sAy ThEy ArE PlAyInG” so did the Big 10 and Pac 12 until they weren’t lol

They already affirmed they are moving forward. It is possible things get worse and the situation becomes impossible, but they are going to try. Your jealousy that your team is done before the season begins, while so many others are anticipating at least giving it a go is obvious from the drivel you have been posting. Your hope for the balance of the conferences to fold is pathetic.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G was scheduled to start on September 3. The other 3 have the ability to hold out a little longer that’s about it. Around the beginning of September will probably be when it goes down
You have nothing to base this on other than wishful thinking.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have nothing to base this on other than wishful thinking.

You literally have nothing to base on that a season is actually going to be played.

And no them claiming they are. As noted. Is nowhere near any valid proof. Until it actually happens

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally have nothing to base on that a season is actually going to be played.

And no them claiming they are. As noted. Is nowhere near any valid proof. Until it actually happens

They are going to give it a go. There is proof of that, and that is enough. It is good enough for me.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to give it a go. There is proof of that, and that is enough. It is good enough for me.

So did the Big 10 but their season was schedule to start 3 weeks earlier. So of course they shut it down sooner.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy follows Purdue football on Twitter.

Dude. Seriously?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

182-1827781_troll-face-meme-angry-happy-mad-mask-fake.png

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, PAC, B1G, Mountain West, and MAC are basically sitting it out for a year. And before you even bother to say otherwise, YES the ACC BIG12 and SEC are still going to play, probably the entire season. Do not forget that AAC, C-USA, and Sunbelt are also still a go for the fall.

The entire season is an opinion, but I certainly hope so. I would say the Spring Season will depend on the virus, and nothing else.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire season is an opinion, but I certainly hope so. I would say the Spring Season will depend on the virus, and nothing else.
Only possible way a spring season would work is if all P5 conferences sit out the fall, and come up with a bubble. But they aren't. I honestly don't think the P3 will last the whole way because of pressure from the public. Let one school get a 4 positive cases during a game week and you will see an attack of sea gulls calling for the cancellation of all sports this fall.

If they manage to pull it off and have a CFP, it sets them up to have an advantageous spring period over the other conferences that attempt to give it a go. While the spring season is being played, the other conferences will be doing it's usual winter conditioning program, leading into the spring practices and spring games.

So even if the Big 12 has to pull the plug before game 1 or after game 9.. I'm in favor of NOT having a spring season. Save the resources, time and energy for Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Soccer, Swimming and baseball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is some legit concern re: trying to play 2 seasons of a violent sport like football in 1 calendar year. So, I think we may see some push back on that as well as the virus.

That Brohm plan that calls for an 8 game Winter/Spring season followed by a 10 game Fall season (I believe that's what it had) looks like it might be feasible though.

But for it to work, everyone has to be ready to go by early January.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP is right.
Spring football is just a concept to give people hope, who are upset at cancellations.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there will be NO spring football. Anyone playing this fall will be shut down at some point. Book it