• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the Yanks & Cliff Lee

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so the talk has begun and why not? This is exactly what we can expect from Cashman this time of year. Take on another 25mil+ for the next couple yrs on a 36 yr old with a lousy elbow. At some point the Yanks need to accept they are sellers and not buyers. Admit the season is shot and try to get something for all the 35 yrs old they have laying around. To think they can make enough deals to save this season is the height of idiocy. They are going nowhere this yr or next if they're going to make deals like this. Pitch the guys you have and see if any are worth keeping and find out just who the hell can play. It's embarrassing to be a Yankee fan these days and I would feel better if they would throw in the towel and see if they can improve this team for the future instead of trying to make the playoffs and go nowhere. The standings are irrelevant to me in that the East is a joke this yr so winning it doesn't guarantee anything. If they win the East they will be eliminated in 15 minutes so why waste time trying to fool people ? Pack it in , let the league know you're selling and put some people on the field who need a chance to play and prove themselves. Ok start rippin'

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hey I don't dispute what Cliff Lee can do right now today. My beef is that if the Yanks are going to make a run this yr they need 4 Cliff Lee's , not one. He alone will not make a measureable difference no matter how often he pitches or wins. No starter can make this a good team. They are so far away from being a legit contender it's not even worth considering this kind of deal IMO.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*woosh*

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda old so bare with me - what does that mean ?

It went over your head. I posted a link to last night's postgame media session, which included Cliff Lee farting.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went over your head. I posted a link to last night's postgame media session, which included Cliff Lee farting.

LOL ok I now have to admit I didn't look at your link. Either way I mean no disrespect to Cliff Lee becuz he's a proven talent when healthy could put some team over the top. My point is the Yanks are not that team.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ok I now have to admit I didn't look at your link. Either way I mean no disrespect to Cliff Lee becuz he's a proven talent when healthy could put some team over the top. My point is the Yanks are not that team.

Can't say I disagree. Lee would help, but they need more than one SP. Not to mention their offense is a mess (12th in AL in OPS and 13th in runs scored).

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I disagree. Lee would help, but they need more than one SP. Not to mention their offense is a mess (12th in AL in OPS and 13th in runs scored).

there's just sooooo much missing I don't see the logic in talking about Cliff Lee or any one guy to be honest. They're a wreck and are fooling no one. Does Cashman think some team out there is worried the Yanks will pick up Cliff Lee or someone like that ? There isn't a team in the game paying one bit of attn. to what the Yanks are doing and I hope like hell someone in the Bronx can figure this out before they do too much stupid shit. Look even further and take a glance at their prospects - take a look at their Top 20 prospects and you won't believe THIS is the NY Yankees. Right now today they probably don't have a position player in the system who will contribute measurably in the next 3 yrs. They have next to nothing , maybe a pitcher who can help at best. Their system is bare , their roster is old and Cashman has guys watching Cliff Lee throw in the bullpen. incredible.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to trade them John Danks as they try to win now...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take john danks contract please!!!!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's just sooooo much missing I don't see the logic in talking about Cliff Lee or any one guy to be honest. They're a wreck and are fooling no one. Does Cashman think some team out there is worried the Yanks will pick up Cliff Lee or someone like that ? There isn't a team in the game paying one bit of attn. to what the Yanks are doing and I hope like hell someone in the Bronx can figure this out before they do too much stupid shit. Look even further and take a glance at their prospects - take a look at their Top 20 prospects and you won't believe THIS is the NY Yankees. Right now today they probably don't have a position player in the system who will contribute measurably in the next 3 yrs. They have next to nothing , maybe a pitcher who can help at best. Their system is bare , their roster is old and Cashman has guys watching Cliff Lee throw in the bullpen. incredible.
I would be OK with the Yankees trading for Lee and adding two more years to his contract.

Hey, doesn't make me a bad person.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK with the Yankees trading for Lee and adding two more years to his contract.

Hey, doesn't make me a bad person.

no it doesn't , not at all. It would however make you a lousy GM ! The guy is 36 with a lousy elbow and is expensive as hell.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman will probably go after both Lee and Danks and hope a rotation of Lee, Danks, Kuroda, McCarthy and one of our many other shitty options puts us over the top. That is Cashman logic....

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman will probably go after both Lee and Danks and hope a rotation of Lee, Danks, Kuroda, McCarthy and one of our many other shitty options puts us over the top. That is Cashman logic....

which is exactly why the Yanks are such a mess today and believe me they are a mess from top to bottom

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I believe this , the money is out of this world which is why the Yanks will be in the game

I know we are talking Cashman here, but I cannot see Hal or Hank being dumb enough to take on this payroll and another aging star? Maybe if George was still alive? the Phils are in rebuild mode. They will get a good return from someone. I don't think the Yanks should even consider going after Lee. They have several other holes to fill. Lee will cost them probably a few top prospects and Inc. Betances. Just my opinion.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are talking Cashman here, but I cannot see Hal or Hank being dumb enough to take on this payroll and another aging star? Maybe if George was still alive? the Phils are in rebuild mode. They will get a good return from someone. I don't think the Yanks should even consider going after Lee. They have several other holes to fill. Lee will cost them probably a few top prospects and Inc. Betances. Just my opinion.

the Phils aren't gonna get much for Lee. All they want is someone take the money which the Yanks would be willing to do. As previously stated , the Yanks have virtually no prospects in the minors , almost no one that anyone would say "this guy has to be in the deal". They have the usual overrated guys who will never become anything. If George was still alive you can bet Lee would be here now and on his way. Personally I believe Cashman is trying to sell Hank on this deal but who knows. The Yanks are in a situation where they either have to admit they're going nowhere or they have to try to fool themselves and fans into thinking they're only a player or 2 short which is preposterous. It isn't in their blood to admit they're going nowhere so I fully expect them to do something ridiculous especially since Tanaka is not even close to picking up a ball.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, take fart-boy as he is known as on the Phillies board. The guy talks a good game but is useless as breasts on a bull. The fart-boy reference comes from the following interview. If the Yanks want him, by all means you can have him.

Last edited by a moderator: