• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Warriors owner is a dick

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People here have 0 idea what was happening at the time. Also have no idea that Jackson wasn't that good of a coach. He had his ups but he just didn't get "the most out of our team" plain and simple

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Overreaction. I saw headlines saying he blasted him, trashed him, and all that stuff. Then I read what he actually said it not only was it tame, it was all reasonable. He didn't say he was a shit coach. He basically just said he didn't do what management wanted, that made things difficult, so he got fired. Happens all the time. Jackson did have problems with his staff. It seemed like he didn't want to hire guys that may know more than he does and he scuffled enough with his assistants that questioned him (which is healthy for your staff to have differing views from time to time) that it became an ongoing issue. And while the Warriors did improve, especially on defense, they ran nothing but isolation doodoo. All that talent was squandered because Jackson never bothered to run a functional offense. It was all true then just as it is now so it was no surprise he got fired imo. I got no problem with Lacob talking about why he fired him.

Oh, but it wasn't ok for Jeanie Buss?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what was happening to be honest with you.

You do not rip your former coach & his staff 7 months after you fired him. It is childish.

His comments has " look at me" all over it.

The guy is a dick

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL dumb. That's a dumb statement IMO. He's much better coach

You do realize there is no difference in winning 58 games and losing in the 2nd round and winning 49 games and losing in the 2nd round right?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize there is no difference in winning 58 games and losing in the 2nd round and winning 49 games and losing in the 2nd round right?

But what if it was spurs warriors and spurs won in 7 grind it out games? That good very well be the conference championship in the second round. It depends

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Lacob wouldn't have said anything about that. Better to just let things go. Maybe he thought it wouldn't make the news speaking to a group of venture capitalists. Hopefully, he doesn't do it again. I like Coach Jackson. His strengh was dealing with the players, his weakness was with the X and Os and I think it started to show when Coach Malone left, Kerr brought in Alvin Gentry which really helped the offense. The offense looks so much better this year. No surprise Harrison Barnes has looked so much better this year.

Still grateful to have Lacob as owner though after suffering through the Cohan years, an owner who didn't give a crap about winning or losing and had a dysfunctional front office

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what if it was spurs warriors and spurs won in 7 grind it out games? That good very well be the conference championship in the second round. It depends

No it doesn't. Out in the 2nd round is out in the 2nd round. Things like, "well that was the real conference championship" is what fans of the team that lost say to make themselves feel better.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. Out in the 2nd round is out in the 2nd round. Things like, "well that was the real conference championship" is what fans of the team that lost say to make themselves feel better.

Whatever man. All I know is, that Kerr is much better than Jackson as a coach. And I don't hate Jackson either. If we were replacing him it had to be someone that can take us to the next level

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm responding to his statement. Most NBA owners are jackasses that like to play with their half a billion dollar toy and pretend that they actually have something to with the success on the floor.

Owners don't directly affect what happens on the floor but they indirectly do through the organization they help to setup. All you have to do is compare Lacob to Cohan to see the difference and how it trickles down.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Lacob wouldn't have said anything about that. Better to just let things go. Maybe he thought it wouldn't make the news speaking to a group of venture capitalists. Hopefully, he doesn't do it again. I like Coach Jackson. His strengh was dealing with the players, his weakness was with the X and Os and I think it started to show when Coach Malone left, Kerr brought in Alvin Gentry which really helped the offense. The offense looks so much better this year. No surprise Harrison Barnes has looked so much better this year.

Still grateful to have Lacob as owner though after suffering through the Cohan years, an owner who didn't give a crap about winning or losing and had a dysfunctional front office

I agree man. This team is much better than last year. Kerr has really impressed me.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree man. This team is much better than last year. Kerr has really impressed me.

Offensively for sure. I just hope the Ws can avoid injuries this year. Seems we just can't escape them. Losing Bogut for the playoffs really hurt last year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect that the owner(s) were getting pressed a bit for why the guy was fired, so he decided to clear the air and explain his reasons to the satisfaction of his customers which really was not necessary since the Warriors are an improved team without Jackson. That's the only thing that really matters any way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man. All I know is, that Kerr is much better than Jackson as a coach. And I don't hate Jackson either. If we were replacing him it had to be someone that can take us to the next level

I don't care if Kerr is better than Jackson. Nobody is really debating that here in this thread. The point that most are trying to make is that the owner comments about Jackson & his staff was really unneccessary 7 months after he fired Jackson.

What is so hard to understand?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As TF said out in the 2nd round is out in the 2nd round.....And in the Western Conference you can make the case that either 2nd round match-up could be the WCF so that is irrelevant

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unusual for a penis to be a owner of a team

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unusual for a penis to be a owner of a team

What about Danny Ainge? Donald Sterling? The Owner of Minnesota? Phoenix?

All of those guys fits the description of penis if you ask me. In fact very few of them aren't dicks.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bk, are you a closet Mark Jackson fan by any chance? I remember you ripping the Warriors when they fired him and again when they hired Kerr. And now you're griping about this.

Lacob was speaking to a bunch of venture capitalists about management strategy. Sounds pretty innocuous to me. Especially at a setting where he is around his peers. You know, the kind of people that make their living on high profile investments such as sports teams. He gave a few nuggets of wisdom and that's that. People love to complain about anything, I guess.

Oh and by the way, the Warriors didn't look at fazed by his comments, judging by the Bulls game. So people can throw that argument in the trash.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bk, are you a closet Mark Jackson fan by any chance? I remember you ripping the Warriors when they fired him and again when they hired Kerr. And now you're griping about this.

Lacob was speaking to a bunch of venture capitalists about management strategy. Sounds pretty innocuous to me. Especially at a setting where he is around his peers. You know, the kind of people that make their living on high profile investments such as sports teams. He gave a few nuggets of wisdom and that's that. People love to complain about anything, I guess.

Oh and by the way, the Warriors didn't look at fazed by his comments, judging by the Bulls game. So people can throw that argument in the trash.

He can't really rip on management anymore. Kerr was a great hire. I was pretty confident in the hire right from the start. It's showing how good of a coach Kerr is compared to jackson