• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The thing about the sharks that makes me want to take a baseball bat to my TV

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never understood why the Sharks in ALMOST all my years watching them cannot play 60 minute games consistently. Ok I get that you cannot always be at your best all the time but you can completely tell that the Sharks come out of the gate being lazy... often! Why do they do this so much? Is it the players, is it the coaches not cracking down the whip? IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN CHANGE THIS?!?!

No one has to agree with me but I seriously do not think Tmac is a great coach, I don't think his personality does anything for this team at all. I don't see the fire/passion or a connection to the team. There is no edge to him, he's completely generic and he's just THERE

I really hope this is the year that Doug Wilson and Tmac are gone!

It would be so refreshing to watch a team that is rebuilding FINALLY..... And one that actually gives a shit to win!

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened with Sutter and everyone thought he was a terrible coach because he couldn't get the job done and as soon as he goes to LA, the Kings win 2 Stanley Cups so that suggests it's not a coaching problem.

The GM only has so much influence over the team performance. His job is to assemble the best talent possible within the team's means. Doug Wilson has been questionable in that regard primarily demonstrated by his complete inactivity last off season after the Sharks' epic collapse. However with the talent level the Sharks have, there's no reason they shouldn't have made the playoffs this season.

So it comes down to the players. Is it that the Sharks aren't talented players? Clearly that's not the case.
It comes down to motivation and that's where the Sharks are weak. In the low points of this season, I've seen a constant barrage of mental errors and lack of fire in their play.

The top 5 Sharks point leaders are as expected:
Pavelski, Thornton, Couture, Burns and Marleau, 1-5 respectively.
Of the top 5, the guys who step up most in the clutch are Pavelski, Burns and Couture.
These are the guys bringing the leadership qualities.

Marleau and Thornton eschew leadership roles at every single possibility. They just don't want to be leaders.
That tells me, they don't care enough to make a difference and that "not me" attitude shows up on the ice. Thornton wont shoot the puck even when he was a shot and Marleau always looks like he's waiting for the bus instead of playing professional level hockey. It's not that they can't step up, it's that they won't step up.

But these are our veteran guys. They have to step up because their experience and talent levels make them the de-facto leaders in the eyes of the team. If they don't try, why should anyone else?

Just to be perfectly clear: Marleau and Thornton are the problem. They are holding this team back and as long as they are part of this franchise, there will be no Cup parade down Santa Clara street. They need to go and Doug Wilson needs to go shortly afterward for allowing this situation we're in where we'll either be stuck with these two aging boat anchors until 2017 or the Sharks will take a bath buying out their contracts.

As it stands, the effects are already being felt in the fanbase. Our sellout streak is long gone, sometimes they cant fill the tank on a Saturday friggin night, we're missing the playoffs for the first time since 2002 and season ticket holders are saying "why bother?" while opting out for next season.

Completely unacceptable. It would be unconscionable to allow this to continue.
We could use a new netminder too but because no one wants to take the helm on the ice, the Sharks are a rudderless ship headed straight to the bottom of the Pacific.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It happened with Sutter and everyone thought he was a terrible coach because he couldn't get the job done and as soon as he goes to LA, the Kings win 2 Stanley Cups so that suggests it's not a coaching problem.

The GM only has so much influence over the team performance. His job is to assemble the best talent possible within the team's means. Doug Wilson has been questionable in that regard primarily demonstrated by his complete inactivity last off season after the Sharks' epic collapse. However with the talent level the Sharks have, there's no reason they shouldn't have made the playoffs this season.

So it comes down to the players. Is it that the Sharks aren't talented players? Clearly that's not the case.
It comes down to motivation and that's where the Sharks are weak. In the low points of this season, I've seen a constant barrage of mental errors and lack of fire in their play.

The top 5 Sharks point leaders are as expected:
Pavelski, Thornton, Couture, Burns and Marleau, 1-5 respectively.
Of the top 5, the guys who step up most in the clutch are Pavelski, Burns and Couture.
These are the guys bringing the leadership qualities.

Marleau and Thornton eschew leadership roles at every single possibility. They just don't want to be leaders.
That tells me, they don't care enough to make a difference and that "not me" attitude shows up on the ice. Thornton wont shoot the puck even when he was a shot and Marleau always looks like he's waiting for the bus instead of playing professional level hockey. It's not that they can't step up, it's that they won't step up.

But these are our veteran guys. They have to step up because their experience and talent levels make them the de-facto leaders in the eyes of the team. If they don't try, why should anyone else?

Just to be perfectly clear: Marleau and Thornton are the problem. They are holding this team back and as long as they are part of this franchise, there will be no Cup parade down Santa Clara street. They need to go and Doug Wilson needs to go shortly afterward for allowing this situation we're in where we'll either be stuck with these two aging boat anchors until 2017 or the Sharks will take a bath buying out their contracts.

As it stands, the effects are already being felt in the fanbase. Our sellout streak is long gone, sometimes they cant fill the tank on a Saturday friggin night, we're missing the playoffs for the first time since 2002 and season ticket holders are saying "why bother?" while opting out for next season.

Completely unacceptable. It would be unconscionable to allow this to continue.
We could use a new netminder too but because no one wants to take the helm on the ice, the Sharks are a rudderless ship headed straight to the bottom of the Pacific.

^^ Yea, what he said... It isnt hard to figure out... Sutter & Dumbardi were great coaches/GM... I loved Sutter... Wilson to was a good coach to -- Not nearly as good as Sutter, but the pussys on the team chased Sutter out... Once Wilson got there, the puss factor was already in place... When Wilson got fed up with the pussies on the team and started calling people out - LIKE HE SHOULD, the pussies took full control and he was axed as well... So bring in a dimwit idiot - Todd... He was behind Babcock and was gifted a team, Phil Jackson style with the Lakers... everyone praises him for his "record" with an allstar lineup... Why?? Cause hes a pussy too and the pussys on the team cant complain cause they arent getting yelled at anymore and the pussy behind the bench isnt gonna yell at them.... So everyone is free to troll-la-la and chase butterflies all over the rink... And who created this mentality - Thornton and Franchise face - MARLEAU....

Its pretty sad, that the most sucessful team in franchise history was he 93-94 team... A team of castoff MEN, with only Larionov & Makarov as the only established players... And a rough asshole as a coach named Kevin Constantine.... Those were MEN, brought together bout a prick who knew how to coach MEN and get the best of those MEN...

So many sharks teams since that team have been present with way more talent, and there are men on those teams, but EVER since Marleau was drafted and became the FACE with a weak lazy fucking pussy with all the talent in the world attitude, this team has been shit... its always been trickle down effect... it works with ANY job... your highest paid fuckclown wants to sit on his ass, then fuck it, I am too if hes gonna get that much $$$... why should I kill myself when this bitch is gonna coast...

Theres your answer...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Owen Nolan get run out of San Jose because he was too tough the young Patrick Marleau at the time?

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Owen Nolan get run out of San Jose because he was too tough the young Patrick Marleau at the time?

Maybe, though after his breakout season, his numbers steadily declined and he was injured frequently.
I do remember he was called out for some locker room fallout shortly before his exit from the team.

I remember being pretty mad when Nolan left but that faded and moving him seemed like the right call all things considered. The team just didn't have the same toughness afterward though.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, though after his breakout season, his numbers steadily declined and he was injured frequently.
I do remember he was called out for some locker room fallout shortly before his exit from the team.

I remember being pretty mad when Nolan left but that faded and moving him seemed like the right call all things considered. The team just didn't have the same toughness afterward though.
This is why the loss of Ralphie for the entire season has been so evident. Along with DWill's ineptness, of course.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, all I have to say is........ I'm glad there is a place where we can vent. We all may not agree on everything, but it's nice to read everybody opinion