• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The St. Louis Rams Thread

How Far Will the St. Louis Rams Go in 2014?

• Win the Super Bowl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Super Bowl.

• Lose in the NFCC.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner.

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup.

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

The Kansas City Chiefs Thread - SB Runnerup beat the Colts who beat the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals Thread - AFC Runnerup Beat the Chargers who beat the Bengals.

The Arizona Cardinals Thread - Best Record for a Non-Playoff Team in a Hard Division.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread - Next Best Record, Controversially Missed the Playoffs.

The Chicago Bears Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Baltimore Ravens Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Dallas Cowboys Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Miami Dolphins Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The New York Jets Thread - Same Record, Randomly Selected.

The New York Giants Thread - The First of Four 7-9 Teams

The Detroit Lions Thread - The Second of Four 7-9 Teams.

The Tennessee Titans Thread - Third of Four 7-9 Teams.

The St. Louis Rams Thread - Last of the 7-9 Teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8, miss wildcard by percentage points

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are gonna be a tough draw this year. Their defense is stacked and the O should be improved. Call me captain obvious, but this is a make it or break it year for Bradford. I think the entire success of their season rests on his shoulders.

I truly believe the teams in the NFC west can finish in any order. It is a complete toss-up.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLAYOFFS BABY
DIS IS OUR YEAR

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are gonna be a tough draw this year. Their defense is stacked and the O should be improved. Call me captain obvious, but this is a make it or break it year for Bradford. I think the entire success of their season rests on his shoulders.

I truly believe the teams in the NFC west can finish in any order. It is a complete toss-up.

:agree::agree:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8, miss wildcard by percentage points
It'll take 10-6 to get a Wild Card in the NFC West and there might be a team like Arizona last year who goes 10-6 and doesn't make it.

I have a feeling that the Rams are going to get hammered by the advanced stats crowd coming into the season and people will assume that they will finish in last place but there is a ton of young talent on the team. If they can get any improvement out of their skill players while maintaining their excellent trench play and special teams play then they can absolutely compete for the playoffs

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams have an improving team, and with a decent QB could very well contend for a playoff spot. But unfortunately I have little faith in Bradford at this point. He is not a leader and exhibits no abilities to elevate either his game or his teammates. He gets great stats when it doesn't mean anything(a.k.a. garbage time). I think everybody will finally realize this year that in order to take the next step, the Rams will have to jettison wennie boy.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I will want my team to exceed my expectations; but seeing Arizona go 10-6 last year and miss the playoffs still sticks with me. Tough schedule after an early bye week and playing in the toughest division in football, I have us missing the playoffs.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 and 6 maybe a stretch. I see a great year with much improvement. We miss the playoffs barely. Bradford will come into his own this year. Leading the team. I predict a probowl year for Bradford. :yahoo:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought the Rams were coming since Fisher arrived, and I think this is the year they break through to the playoffs. Sounds like Donald is already unblockable, you'd better have an OLine when you play the Rams

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changes with Bradford's injuries? I am thinking more along the lines of record guessing, not playoffs or not (unchanged).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changes with Bradford's injuries? I am thinking more along the lines of record guessing, not playoffs or not (unchanged).
Hmm...

They have 3 winnable games to start then...

@Philly, Niners, Seahawks, @KC, @Niners, @Arizona, Denver, @San Diego

Then 4 winnable games and then @Seattle which has about a 25% chance of being totally irrelevant for Seattle and a 75% chance of being the toughest game of the season.

The Rams need Arizona or San Francisco to tank to make it to the playoffs. Even if they play well this year, if neither team tanks then .500 would be a stretch.

There is a decent shot the Rams start like 2-9 or 3-8 and then just start tanking for a QB next year. They matchup poorly with the Vikings and the Bucs might be a sleeper this year and those 8 games afterwards are brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...

They have 3 winnable games to start then...

@Philly, Niners, Seahawks, @KC, @Niners, @Arizona, Denver, @San Diego

Then 4 winnable games and then @Seattle which has about a 25% chance of being totally irrelevant for Seattle and a 75% chance of being the toughest game of the season.

The Rams need Arizona or San Francisco to tank to make it to the playoffs. Even if they play well this year, if neither team tanks then .500 would be a stretch.

There is a decent shot the Rams start like 2-9 or 3-8 and then just start tanking for a QB next year

Wow. Must have pissed off the schedule makers. That is a hell of a stretch

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Must have pissed off the schedule makers. That is a hell of a stretch
Yeah, but you are going to want to play the Niners at the beginning of the year. Also, @KC matters more historically at the end of the year when nobody beats them if they have a good team and KC fans travel enough to where KC in STL wouldn't be that much of a home game anyways

You play the hand you are dealt

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you are going to want to play the Niners at the beginning of the year. Also, @KC matters more historically at the end of the year when nobody beats them if they have a good team and KC fans travel enough to where KC in STL wouldn't be that much of a home game anyways

You play the hand you are dealt

That's true, but not every team is dealt the dreaded 3 straight road games, which is historically 1-2 at best, and then to sandwich them with home games in which you'll be the underdog? That's rough. On the positive side, I still think the Rams win 10 games, even with Bradford out. They have an early 90's Eagles front 7 that will keep them in nearly every game IMO

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams will be improved, but now with a journeyman at QB, well 8-8 would be a victory, 9-6 would be a surprise. Hill is not Warner....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but not every team is dealt the dreaded 3 straight road games, which is historically 1-2 at best, and then to sandwich them with home games in which you'll be the underdog? That's rough. On the positive side, I still think the Rams win 10 games, even with Bradford out. They have an early 90's Eagles front 7 that will keep them in nearly every game IMO
The worst part about the schedule is getting the Niners on Monday Night Football and then getting Seattle Sunday at Noon the next week. Thats getting a day and a half less prep against the defending champs after going against the Niners. The Rams also pretty much have to win both games because they are at home.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, @San Francisco, Denver, @Seattle: Win 1 (0).
@Kansas City, Arizona, @San Diego, @Arizona: Win 2 (1).
Dallas, @Washington, New York Giants, Minnesota: Win 2 (1).
@Tampa Bay, Oakland: Win 1 (2).

3-13 to 7-9.

6-10 because I think Shaun Hill is a prepared QB. But I could see as low as 4-12.