• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SPURS were better than any team MJ or Kobe beat

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any Heat fan is searching for that type of validation.

1. My original post on this thread, if you recall, was in response to Mike D saying that the Heat wouldn't have made the playoffs this year in they were in the WC.

Then, my debate with you turned into IMO, the loser in any championship , is generally thought of as #2 vs you trying to rank teams based on perception.

I think with years years Heat, there is one evaluation that most would agree on.

Assuming we all agree that James is the best player on the court, my best guess would be that if Wade is the 2 nd or even 3 rd best player on the court, that the Heat would probably be the favorite to win any series.

If we get the Wade we got in the Finals, they would have been vulnerable to lose to several teams.

1. Not involved in the orginal but, this year, yeah probably seeing as the Spurs fucking destroyed them. :bullshit:

Assuming, even if i am, the answer is no. This is not an argument, this is desperation. Assuming Kobe was the second best player in the league this year, LOL right? The answer is i never assume, thats just bullshit. Thats not even an argument, its just what i think, and what you think, so who gives a shit? Im too old for that non-sense and you should be too, well one day you will be.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you understand sports it doesn't. The Heat played 52 games vs. Eastern Conference opponents and only 30 vs. Western Conference opponents. The difference in the number of games alone explains the higher winning % vs. the West.

Eastern teams are more familiar with the Heat and how they play. They also get more "bites at the apple" so to speak. Even though the Eastern Conference is weaker than the west, these are still NBA players. Give them enough chances and they are going to win a few here and there no matter how much better the team they are playing is.

If you change their schedule to where they are now playing against better teams 22 more times than weaker teams, they are likely to lose more games to those better teams who now have more chances.

In my post where I mentioned where the Heat's 54 wins would put have them seeded in the west, part of the reason that I left them at 54 wins is because under that scenario, their winning % could drop vs. the west, but improve vs. the east.

Now you're just making things up to go along with your points.

Let's deal with facts using 1st of all the top 8 teams in the East. I don't think there's any need to go any further. The %s would only drop.

Top 8 teams in the EC conference records:
Pacers 34-18 vs EC 18-12 vs WC
Heat 34-18 vs 20-10
Toronto 32-20 vs 16-14
Bulls 35-17 vs 13-17
Wizards 33-19 vs 11-19
Brooklyn 26-16 vs 18-12
Bobcats 30-22 vs 13-17
Hawks 28-24 vs 10-20

The Heat at Nets are the only 2 teams that had a higher win % vs the West then East.
So, so much for more bites of the apple and being familiar, right?

On the other hand, let's look at the top 4 teams is each conferences records vs +.500 teams vs -.500 teams.

Pacers 22-18 vs 34-8
Heat 27-15 vs 27-13
Raptors 16-25 vs 32-9
Bulls 19-21 vs 29-13
Spurs 29-16 vs 33-4
Ok City 27-16 vs 32-7
Clippers 25-18 vs 32-7
Rockets 25-19 vs 29-9

Looking at that, it's very easy to see why the Heats regular season was what it was.
A combination of them not playing with enough effort and energy combined with dealing with the effort and energy of sub .500 teams.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's deal with facts using 1st of all the top 8 teams in the East. I don't think there's any need to go any further. The %s would only drop.

Heat 34-18 vs 20-10
Toronto 32-20 vs 16-14
Bulls 35-17 vs 13-17
Wizards 33-19 vs 11-19
Brooklyn 26-16 vs 18-12
Bobcats 30-22 vs 13-17
Hawks 28-24 vs 10-20

The Heat at Nets are the only 2 teams that had a higher win % vs the West then East.

On the other hand, let's look at the top 4 teams is each conferences records vs +.500 teams vs -.500 teams.

Pacers 22-18 vs 34-8
Heat 27-15 vs 27-13
Raptors 16-25 vs 32-9
Bulls 19-21 vs 29-13
Spurs 29-16 vs 33-4
Ok City 27-16 vs 32-7
Clippers 25-18 vs 32-7
Rockets 25-19 vs 29-9

Looking at that, it's very easy to see why the Heats regular season was what it was.
A combination of them not playing with enough effort and energy combined with dealing with the effort and energy of sub .500 teams.

Wtf man lol, really?:lame:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf man lol, really?:lame:

If your not open to others opinions, and your not willing to deal with facts, they why are you on a sports thread?

Maybe take your worthless 38 posts, and not to mimic or step on Trojans toes, but GTFO ....if this is all you can offer.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will decide it again next year.

SPURS vs HEAT part 3.

It seems like its inevitable if both sides return everyone.

Spurs might lose Mills. After that Finals I see teams offering him some money. Only way is if TD retires and they use some money to keep him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami is done if all 3 come back. 2 of the 3 have nothing left. Plus if all 3 sign they will be over the cap with just those 3 and cole. Rest of the roster will be with players that don't make other teams or older players. They are in the East so yes they can make it to the Finals but I don't see them winning it again. LBJ is in a tough spot because he knows his 2 good friends can't help him win anymore and he doesn't want to leave Miami but knows he might not win again. He is going to pick being happy in Miami or leave and try and win another championship.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your not open to others opinions, and your not willing to deal with facts, they why are you on a sports thread?

Maybe take your worthless 38 posts, and not to mimic or step on Trojans toes, but GTFO ....if this is all you can offer.

Lol okay buddy, when i got the energy. Your posting life should be called "A history of calamities and conjecture as fact".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat 34-18 vs 20-10
Toronto 32-20 vs 16-14
Bulls 35-17 vs 13-17
Wizards 33-19 vs 11-19
Brooklyn 26-16 vs 18-12
Bobcats 30-22 vs 13-17
Hawks 28-24 vs 10-20

Pacers 22-18 vs 34-8
Heat 27-15 vs 27-13
Raptors 16-25 vs 32-9
Bulls 19-21 vs 29-13
Spurs 29-16 vs 33-4
Ok City 27-16 vs 32-7
Clippers 25-18 vs 32-7
Rockets 25-19 vs 29-9

Now who's making stuff up? Seriously?!? This is that same nonsense that you tried earlier. Done with this conversation. It's clear that you are so desperate to make the Heat better than they are that you'll try anything.

Wow!! Just wow!! :L

Guess the Heat shouldn't have picked the NBA finals to only give 30%-40% effort/only play well 6-8 minutes a game. From this point forward, just refer to my validation of the Heat post. There's your answer.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how facts and opinions are in the same sentence lol. Facts? Facts that back dumb ass opinions mean nothing. And you are a dummy, i mean i wasn't even active on these forums and one of the first stories i heard was how you tried to impersonate Jefe, WTF LOL. Thats not even sad, its just an after thought, you
PHP:
aint
even on anyone's level. You don't even qualify for a level, you are beyond nothingness. Im surprised anyone addresses you at this point, you should thank them everyday that they give you legitimacy. You are one of the most pathetic, cross board, crossing years, boundaries, websites, teams, fans in your nonsense. You are notorious for being dumb. Is this news to you? You are a sad piece of afterthought, i pity you. The internet is funny in the fact that people like you can display their nothingness lol! Least you give me a good chuckle. I dont hate you, i feel bad for you, you continually show your inferiority. You think the fact that i have 38 posts makes me illegitimate, do you still think that now LOL. No i kid i kid Turnup, you really give me a good chuckle, seriously, thank you.:lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how facts and opinions are in the same sentence lol. Facts? Facts that back dumb ass opinions mean nothing. And you are a dummy, i mean i wasn't even active on these forums and one of the first stories i heard was how you tried to impersonate Jefe, WTF LOL. Thats not even sad, its just an after thought, you
PHP:
aint
even on anyone's level. You don't even qualify for a level, you are beyond nothingness. Im surprised anyone addresses you at this point, you should thank them everyday that they give you legitimacy. You are one of the most pathetic, cross board, crossing years, boundaries, websites, teams, fans in your nonsense. You are notorious for being dumb. Is this news to you? You are a sad piece of afterthought, i pity you. The internet is funny in the fact that people like you can display their nothingness lol! Least you give me a good chuckle. I dont hate you, i feel bad for you, you continually show your inferiority. You think the fact that i have 38 posts makes me illegitimate, do you still think that now LOL. No i kid i kid Turnup, you really give me a good chuckle, seriously, thank you.:lol:

Hey Inimical!

How goes it brother? :noidea:

Not sure if everyone here feels this way :lol:

However it's good to see you here on the Hoop buddy!

~Vita

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Inimical!

How goes it brother? :noidea:

Not sure if everyone here feels this way :lol:

However it's good to see you here on the Hoop buddy!

~Vita

Its good to see so many from the band back together. I know im rough around the edges but like my friend said, i will grow on you, like a fungus.:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who's making stuff up? Seriously?!? This is that same nonsense that you tried earlier. Done with this conversation. It's clear that you are so desperate to make the Heat better than they are that you'll try anything.

Wow!! Just wow!! :L

Guess the Heat shouldn't have picked the NBA finals to only give 30%-40% effort/only play well 6-8 minutes a game. From this point forward, just refer to my validation of the Heat post. There's your answer.

Agree this thread is about played out...but absolutely nothing in my post was attempting to make the Heat better than anything.

What it did do though, regardless of how many times you want to deny it, is show you that their lower win % vs teams in the East was certainly not the norm and had nothing to do with the reasons you gave as your explanation.

Next, your are once again making shit up.

All the reasons I gave to try to explain the Heats shitty record vs sub ,500 teams has absolutely nothing to do with why they got beat by the Spurs.

If you have better reasons as to why the Heats record was so poor against shitty teams, Id sure love to hear them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHP:
aint

Maybe learn how to differentiate the sentences that were labeled fact from opinion, and then get back to me.

And, if you choose to believe someone's "stories" as fact, then knock yourself out.

As far as most of your other posts, or even the rest of this one, I'd love to respond, but it/ they are written in illiterate babble......

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe learn how to differentiate the sentences that were labeled fact from opinion, and then get back to me.

And, if you choose to believe someone's "stories" as fact, then knock yourself out.

As far as most of your other posts, or even the rest of this one, I'd love to respond, but it/ they are written in illiterate babble......

lol god damn your lovable in a special kind of way!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree this thread is about played out...but absolutely nothing in my post was attempting to make the Heat better than anything.

What it did do though, regardless of how many times you want to deny it, is show you that their lower win % vs teams in the East was certainly not the norm and had nothing to do with the reasons you gave as your explanation.

Next, your are once again making shit up.

All the reasons I gave to try to explain the Heats shitty record vs sub ,500 teams has absolutely nothing to do with why they got beat by the Spurs.

If you have better reasons as to why the Heats record was so poor against shitty teams, Id sure love to hear them.

Okay, since you and some of the Heat fans here seem to need this validation so badly, here goes:

The 2014 Miami Heat are the 2nd best team in the history of the NBA. In fact, the 2014 Miami Heat are the 2nd best team all-time in any sport.

The problem for them was that they got stuck playing the Greatest Team in the History of Athletic Competition the 2014 San Antonio Spurs.

In fact, the only team in history that could possibly have beaten the 2014 Miami Heat was the 2014 San Antonio Spurs. Even at that, this Heat team was so awesome that the Greatest Team in the History of Athletic Competition still had to intentionally sabotage the AC in 1 game, make sure that Lebron got the screaming shits in another game and send in Tony Romo just to barely squeak by in 5 games by an average of 18ppg.

There. Everybody happy? Can we end this dumb thread now?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, since you and some of the Heat fans here seem to need this validation so badly, here goes:

The 2014 Miami Heat are the 2nd best team in the history of the NBA. In fact, the 2014 Miami Heat are the 2nd best team all-time in any sport.

The problem for them was that they got stuck playing the Greatest Team in the History of Athletic Competition the 2014 San Antonio Spurs.

In fact, the only team in history that could possibly have beaten the 2014 Miami Heat was the 2014 San Antonio Spurs. Even at that, this Heat team was so awesome that the Greatest Team in the History of Athletic Competition still had to intentionally sabotage the AC in 1 game, make sure that Lebron got the screaming shits in another game and send in Tony Romo just to barely squeak by in 5 games by an average of 18ppg.

There. Everybody happy? Can we end this dumb thread now?

You can end it any time you want, but please stop with the 'I need validation' nonsense.
If was never part of my discussion with you, and you know it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fairly popular to bash Lebron for losing another finals, and then immediately point out the success of Jordan/Kobe.

But, in my opinion, Jordan or Kobe never faced a team like the 2014 Spurs.
There is no shame in losing to them.

The 2014 Spurs were better than the 1991 Lakers, 1992 Blazers, 1993 Suns, 1996 Sonics, 1997/98 Jazz, 00 Pacers, 01 Sixers, 02 Nets, 09 Magic, or 10 Celtics (Only the 1993 Suns gave me pause.)

LEBRON haters need to acknowledge this a bit.

It was not about the HEAT or LBJ failing.
It was about a dominant great Spurs team.
:L

Wow!

Horns, I was kind of disappointed in you when I read this OP.

Ever consider that the 2014 Heat were far worse than the 1991 Lakers, 1992 Blazers, 1993 Suns, 1996 Sonics, 1997/98 Jazz, 00 Pacers, 01 Sixers, 02 Nets, 09 Magic, or 10 Celtics?

Changes everything doesn't it?

We will decide it again next year.

SPURS vs HEAT part 3.

It seems like its inevitable if both sides return everyone.
You guys were a Game 4 Monte Ellis layup away from possibly losing to the Mavs in 6 games in the first round.

The West is not the path to the Finals as you are making this up to be.

The Spurs simply had a great match-up in the Finals vs the Heat. Pop geared for it all season last year knowing how weak the East is that Miami was the probable Eastern Conference Champs.

Once Pop found the 'formula' to beat the Heat, Eric had no counter.

This years Finals reminded me a lot of the 06' Finals when Pat put it to Avery's Mavs.

Another series with no effective adjustments to make it an actual series. This does not solidify the Spurs as one of the great teams in history rather is an indictment on Eric Spoelstra as a true Championship HC.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, yes we need to look at the opponents in the Finals as well as the overall W-L record.

If you bring the Number of rings into the argument, you have to bring the opponent quality as well.
If you don't bring the rings into it, then my thread is meaningless.

All three of Jordan's opponents during the 2nd 3-peat won 60+ regular season games. Phoenix was a 60+ win team. So, four of the six teams MJ faced were 60+ regular season win teams. Not exactly garbage competition.

If you want to talk about garbage competition, look no further than what the Spurs faced. The Knicks were an 8th seed. The Nets won 49 games. Detroit won 54 games. Cleveland won 50 games. Miami won 54 games. The Spurs titles are vastly overrated right?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Seattle team that lost to the Bulls was very good. Payton and Kemp were in their primes. They had one of the best defenses in the league and a very good offense. I wouldn't count them out against the '14 Spurs.