• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 9

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st 4: Alabama, Georgia, Wisconsin, Ohio St

2nd 4: Penn St, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma

3rd 4: Notre Dame, TCU, Oklahoma St, Virginia Tech

Analysis: The above is my own ratings. The college playoff rankings are very different. If Alabama and Georgia finish the regular season undefeated, they both get in. Same with Notre Dame, which still has a tough, but winnable schedule. Ohio State is my pick for 4th in a close match with Clemson and Oklahoma. Still too much football for a definite yes. PAC is definitely in trouble. Washington needs help to get in.

Most surprising: Notre Dame, Miami, Iowa State and TCU

Analysis: TCU can replace Oklahoma as a contender if it wins out. However it lacks the veritas to beat out Clemson or Ohio State. If Miami could run a tough table, they would be a cinch to get in.

Most disappointing: Florida St, Baylor, Brigham Young, Nebraska, Tennessee, and USC

Analysis: Florida St has to rank as the biggest disappointment because of their number 3 ranking. Nebraska continues to struggle in the Big 10 as their recruiting seems to be down again. I expected Baylor to be down, but not this down. Tennessee is just playing out the season. USC has again failed when they were the favorite for the PAC title.

Heisman Trophy: Saquon Barkley, Baker Mayfield, Bryce Love, JT Barrett

Analysis: Barkley and Mayfield are still the top two contenders. This is a big week for Mayfield against a tough opponent. He must keep pace to remain in contention. Love didn’t play last week, but his overall body of work is strong. Barrett is coming up fast, but not likely fast enough to beat out the top 2.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Oklahoma-Oklahoma St; Miami-Virginia Tech, Alabama-LSU

Analysis: The loser of Bedlam is gone. That said I think Mayfield will be the difference in a close Oklahoma win. Miami has not really played a tough team yet. I like Virginia Tech in an upset. Alabama is just too tough for LSU. Hard to say how this one comes out. Could be close or a rout. Either way Alabama takes the game.

Big games in the regular season: Washington-Washington St, Alabama-Auburn, TCU-Oklahoma, Ohio State-Michigan, Georgia-Auburn, Notre Dame-Miami

Analysis: Big wins over good teams will be needed to make the playoffs. Aside from this weeks important games, these future games will determine who gets the 4 spots. Georgia appears to have the easiest schedule. Rivalry games are very tough and upsets are not uncommon. That’s Alabama-Auburn and Ohio State and Michigan are on the list.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ICm7rr6.jpg