• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 3

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Tier: Oregon, Oklahoma, Florida State, Alabama
2nd Tier: Auburn, Baylor, Texas AM,
3rd Tier: LSU, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Missouri

Analysis: No change in the top tier. All of the 3 tiers either were inactive or held serve. Best bets to run the table still seem to be Florida St, Oklahoma, Marshall, and I’m adding Oregon to that list. These 11 teams are in the order of my top 11 teams.

Biggest Surprises: Texas AM, Missouri, Brigham Young, Pittsburgh

Analysis: Texas AM is clearly the biggest surprise. No one expected them to come up with a replacement for Johnny Manziel so fast. Missouri could be the new favorite for the SEC East and Pitt has looked surprisingly good. Many other undefeated teams have played no one so they will remain off the list.

Biggest Disappointments: Texas, Vanderbilt, Iowa, Michigan, Washington St

Analysis: Texas is still on the list because of the disappointing performance against BYU. A 1-2 record doesn’t cut it. Vandy is just plain horrible. It looks like 2 OOC games are their best hope for another win. Despite wins on Saturday against nobodies, Michigan and Washington St will be major disappointments the rest of the way. Iowa has looked bad all 3 weeks and finally lost on Saturday. A number of rated teams such as UCLA continue to win, but barely. They will remain off the list until now.
Heisman Trophy: Marcus Mariotta, Todd Gurley, Jameis Winston, Kenny Hill, Everett Golston, Amari Cooper, Ameer Abdullah.
A number of new names this week. Cooper may have had the best game of anyone on the list with about 180 yards of receiving. The rest seemed to hold their own. This is far from a lock for anyone and players not on this list could easily move up. Head to head games involving players from these teams will likely decide the trophy.

Playoffs: Florida St, Oklahoma, Oregon, Alabama.

Analysis: This is in the order that I think the likelihood of each team making the playoffs. Florida State can practically win the ACC with a win over Clemson this week. No one else looks capable of giving them a game. Oklahoma has a 1 game season with Baylor. The PAC 12 looks more winnable for Oregon this week after the demise of USC. No one else measures up. The SEC is a meatgrinder. 6 of 7 SEC West teams are unbeaten and a slaughter will ensue in a few weeks. Alabama is a slight favorite to survive. Michigan State is still in the ball game if they can run the table.

Biggest Games This Week:

Florida St v Clemson: Could be a close game but Florida State with home field and Winston should pull this one out.
Alabama v Florida: I don’t really think this will be close. Alabama by about 21 or more.
Auburn v Kansas St: Another possible mismatch unless Kansas St takes charge in the 1st Quarter. Otherwise is could be a runaway for Auburn.
LSU v Mississippi St: Mississippi St is undefeated but has played no one. LSU by about 10.
Oklahoma v West Virginia: Don’t laugh; West Virginia is better than you think. Still Oklahoma by about 10.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Oscar lots of shit, but I have to admit I look forward to this post each week.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Oscar lots of shit, but I have to admit I look forward to this post each week.

Thank you Romeo. It's appreciated. I have Oklahoma rated higher than anyone and I'm a Texas guy. Go figure.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why people are still surprised by Mizzou is beyond me. Top 10 in the Nation in Wins and NFL First Round picks since 2007.

Just like everybody else, we lose people and replace them

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it's not a top 25 match up I think one of the biggest games should be Utah @ Michigan.

Will Michigan and the B1G save a little face? Which they desperately need.

In Utahs case, theyve looked fantastic at home with sub par competition, so if they are a legit threat in the south they really need this win. No one will take them serious as a contender in the south if they can't come out of Ann Arbor with a win.

If they do manage to win, the south is wide, wide open. Most of Utahs tough games are at home. Win this one and the south is on notice... book it!

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it's not a top 25 match up I think one of the biggest games should be Utah @ Michigan.

In Utahs case, theyve looked fantastic at home with sub par competition, so if they are a legit threat in the south they really need this win. No one will take them serious as a contender in the south if they can't come out of Ann Arbor with a win.

If they do manage to win, the south is wide, wide open. Most of Utahs tough games are at home. Win this one and the south is on notice... book it!

Go Utes... The B1G is fucked regardless, so I might as well enjoy watching Michigan go down in flames...

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why people are still surprised by Mizzou is beyond me. Top 10 in the Nation in Wins and NFL First Round picks since 2007.

Just like everybody else, we lose people and replace them

Not a long record of recent success in the last 25 years and the fact that they are doing it in back to back years.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Utah is definitely under the radar. Neither Arizona school is looking that great.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a huge game for Utah's program. Beating Michigan (down of not) is a monstrous achievement for the Utes.

SC8806

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoyed the read. Still holding judgement on Missouri based on the weaker schedule. I believe the SC game will tell the tale since that's the real first test. The Missouri qb will be a handful and im curious to see if Dylan Thompson can redeem himself from last years performance against Missouri.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except for the whole Alabama first tier and Auburn/A&M second tier :L

Really very close in my mind. Auburn has a good test this weekend at Kansas State. Then we can see.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woot....LSU made a tier.

:dance:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiers only run one way, and that's down, down, down.

Last edited by a moderator: