• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 10

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Tier: Alabama, Oregon, Florida St
2nd Tier: Ohio State, Stanford, Baylor
3rd Tier: Auburn, South Carolina, Missouri

Analysis: These are the only teams with a chance to make the NC game. If the top 3 win out, then it should be Alabama and Oregon. South Carolina and Missouri would have to win the SEC Championship over Alabama and home for other things to happen. An Auburn win over Alabama could also propel Auburn into the nc game, but they too would need help. Baylor's big chance is Thursday against Oklahoma and a very tough remaining schedule. If Stanford beats Oregon, then they have a chance.

Biggest Surprises: Baylor, Auburn, Miami, Missouri

Biggest Disappointments: Florida, Georgia, Texas, Michigan, Northwestern, Boise St.

All of the disappointments were in my pre-season top 25. Injuries depleted Florida and Georgia. USC has improved enough, and Texas has started to come back.

Baylor is the biggest surprise to date. A lot of people expected them to go 7-0, but their wins have been dominating.

Heisman Trophy: Marcus Mariotta, Jameis Winston, Johnny Manzeil.

Analysis: At this point it's a 3 man race. Depending on how things go in the last few weeks of the season any of the 3 could win. My pick: Winston.

NC Game: Alabama vs Oregon.

Analysis: If Oregon beats Stanford on Thursday, they should be able to finish undefeated. Alabama's toughest game should be at Auburn. If either fails, Florida State has the easiest remaining schedule. Ohio State needs a lot of help.

Biggest Games this week.

Oregon vs Stanford
Baylor vs Oklahoma
Alabama vs LSU

Analysis: 3 really big games that should help to clear up the nc picture. I'll take Oregon, Baylor and LSU. Stanford has the best chance at an upset.

Biggest remaining games: Conference Championship Games not included.

Alabama vs LSU Nov 9
Alabama vs Auburn Nov 30
Baylor vs Oklahoma Nov 7
Baylor vs Oklahoma St Nov 23
Florida St vs Florida Nov 30
Michigan vs Ohio St Nov 30
Oregon vs Stanford Nov 7

A great Thursday this week might be the biggest day yet for determining the makeup of the nc game.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job, hoping 2 of the top 3 lose to OSU can slip into a chance at the National Title Game!

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MSU is a pretty surprising team...I figured them to be an 8-4 type team being they are so one dimensional....now I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 11-1 and possibly ruin tOSU's streak

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me UCF is a big surprise. They are ranked and should be ranked higher. Have played a good schedule.

Very likely we see them in a Bcs game.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job, hoping 2 of the top 3 lose to OSU can slip into a chance at the National Title Game!

I didn't say that in my analysis. As a fan of the Buckeyes, I of course hope that happens.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MSU is a pretty surprising team...I figured them to be an 8-4 type team being they are so one dimensional....now I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 11-1 and possibly ruin tOSU's streak

I actually had them at about 24 in my original pre-season poll. I can see however why you might view them as a surprise. I can't recall seeing them play this year, so really in the dark.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me UCF is a big surprise. They are ranked and should be ranked higher. Have played a good schedule.

Very likely we see them in a Bcs game.

Big game this week with Houston. Winner has a good shot at the BCS.

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read...it takes a "liberal eye" to see things right.:laugh3::suds:

In your case:

72865-g.jpg

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscar -I know you've had WAY more important things to pay attention to, but there's nothing surpring about Baylor as of this point. They've literally played nobody worth anything at all.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscar -I know you've had WAY more important things to pay attention to, but there's nothing surpring about Baylor as of this point. They've literally played nobody worth anything at all.

I disagree. I'm not a Baylor fan and I did predict that they could be 7-0 at this point. However, I never expected them to beat their opponents by as much as they have. That's what's surprising. A 14 point favorite over Oklahoma, wow.

When has Oklahoma been a 14 pt underdog in the regular season or even in post-season for that matter?