• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 1

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Tier: Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Oregon
2nd Tier: Alabama, Auburn, Baylor
3rd Tier: UCLA, Georgia, Stanford

Analysis: None of the top tier teams looked great. Oklahoma was maybe the best. Michigan St and Auburn played nobody. Georgia bears watching. Not ready to get down on Florida State and Alabama quite yet. Need to watch the injury scene at Baylor with QB Petty. Michigan State and Oregon will help clear the picture this weekend.

Most Surprising: Texas AM, Georgia, USC, Notre Dame,

Analysis: Texas AM certainly put themselves into position to be a top 10 team and an SEC Title challenger with a stunning performance over South Carolina. Georgia the same. Did not really expect much from USC and Notre Dame this year, but both have tough games this week.

Most Disappointing: South Carolina, Clemson, Wisconsin.

Analysis: All 3 could have good seasons, but it's the level of defeat that made them disappointing. South Carolina was destroyed, and Clemson in the 2nd half was a shell of itself. Wisconsin in one of the toughest losses any big 10 team has taken in recent years.

Heisman Trophy: Jameis Winston, Todd Gurley, Marcus Mariotta, Nick Marshall, Kenny Hill

Analysis: Winston supposedly had a bad game, but without a key run and a similar td pass, Florida State might have lost. Mariotta and Marshall held serve. Gurley stepped up big time and if he can avoid injury will be a factor. Kenny Hill needs to follow up for the rest of the season, but certainly put his name in the spotlight.

Playoff for NC: Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Alabama.

Analysis: Michigan State-Oregon game is BIG this week. Win will solidify either team. Not ready to give up on Alabama and Oklahoma is suddenly faced with a few more good teams, especially Oklahoma State. Florida State still looks like a lock to me. Georgia, Auburn, and Baylor, remain strong challengers. UCLA took a step back this week.

Biggest Games This Week:

Actually a very weak schedule of games passed the big 5 games.

Michigan State v Oregon. Oregon a stunning 11 1/2 point favorite. I like Michigan State.
Michigan v Notre Dame. Good battle for a possible top 10 berth. Notre Dame at home should win.
Ohio St v Virginia Tech. Ohio is at home and should win by 1 TD.
USC v Stanford. Big battle here at Stanford. Give Stanford the edge at home.
BYU v Texas. Without David Ash, a tossup. A homer call maybe, but I'll take Texas by 4.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SC will beat Stanford.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SC will beat Stanford.

This could easily happen. Fresno may have lost their QB, but USC looked very good. Nothing wrong with Stanford either. Should be very competitive.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could easily happen. Fresno may have lost their QB, but USC looked very good. Nothing wrong with Stanford either. Should be very competitive.

Yes. It should be a beauty. These teams usually play good games against one another.

I see this as step one of SC taking over the #1 spot in the state of California.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It should be a beauty. These teams usually play good games against one another.

I see this as step one of SC taking over the #1 spot in the state of California.

PAC 12 could be very interesting this year. Don't give up on UCLA. Arizona State also looked good on Saturday.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Tier: Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Oregon
2nd Tier: Alabama, Auburn, Baylor
3rd Tier: UCLA, Georgia, Stanford

Analysis: None of the top tier teams looked great. Oklahoma was maybe the best. Michigan St and Auburn played nobody. Georgia bears watching. Not ready to get down on Florida State and Alabama quite yet. Need to watch the injury scene at Baylor with QB Petty. Michigan State and Oregon will help clear the picture this weekend.

Most Surprising: Texas AM, Georgia, USC, Notre Dame,

Analysis: Texas AM certainly put themselves into position to be a top 10 team and an SEC Title challenger with a stunning performance over South Carolina. Georgia the same. Did not really expect much from USC and Notre Dame this year, but both have tough games this week.

Most Disappointing: South Carolina, Clemson, Wisconsin.

Analysis: All 3 could have good seasons, but it's the level of defeat that made them disappointing. South Carolina was destroyed, and Clemson in the 2nd half was a shell of itself. Wisconsin in one of the toughest losses any big 10 team has taken in recent years.

Heisman Trophy: Jameis Winston, Todd Gurley, Marcus Mariotta, Nick Marshall, Kenny Hill

Analysis: Winston supposedly had a bad game, but without a key run and a similar td pass, Florida State might have lost. Mariotta and Marshall held serve. Gurley stepped up big time and if he can avoid injury will be a factor. Kenny Hill needs to follow up for the rest of the season, but certainly put his name in the spotlight.

Playoff for NC: Florida State, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Alabama.

Analysis: Michigan State-Oregon game is BIG this week. Win will solidify either team. Not ready to give up on Alabama and Oklahoma is suddenly faced with a few more good teams, especially Oklahoma State. Florida State still looks like a lock to me. Georgia, Auburn, and Baylor, remain strong challengers. UCLA took a step back this week.

Biggest Games This Week:

Actually a very weak schedule of games passed the big 5 games.

Michigan State v Oregon. Oregon a stunning 11 1/2 point favorite. I like Michigan State.
Michigan v Notre Dame. Good battle for a possible top 10 berth. Notre Dame at home should win.
Ohio St v Virginia Tech. Ohio is at home and should win by 1 TD.
USC v Stanford. Big battle here at Stanford. Give Stanford the edge at home.
BYU v Texas.Without David Ash, a tossup. A homer call maybe, but I'll take Texas by 4.

Not going to happen. OL is piss poor and Tyrone sux. Our D will keep us in the game, but the next two are a losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see this as step one of SC taking over the #1 spot in the state of California and the PAC 12.

There, I fixed it for ya

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Golson has a good game, we win, and the Heisman hype begins.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beano was about 15-20 years ago. He made predictions and gave his observations. He once predicted Ron Powlus would win numerous Heisman trophies.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with Beano. I enjoyed him.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player from week one I should have mentioned is Tyreke Evans from Oklahoma St. Fast as lightening. Very powerful runner. Could be an All American this year.