• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers finish out the homestand: June 5-7

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals did a pretty good job of “limiting” our offense to only 4 runs. It just felt good to get the win. Would be nice to blow these guys out once or twice tho.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals did a pretty good job of “limiting” our offense to only 4 runs. It just felt good to get the win. Would be nice to blow these guys out once or twice tho.
I don't think they are as bad as their record looks some bad breaks will make you look worse than you really are and vice versa...

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised they didn't bring in Jankowski for defense late in the game until Duran gets more experience. Also nice hitting by Lowe not trying to do too much just putting it in the huge hole they gave him with won the game...

Looked at last nights lineup and the lowest batting average is Garcia at .260 and Seager highest at .351. I grew up during the Big Red Machine days and can't remember seeing a stacked lineup like this... :tsk: :thumb:
Bochy said Janks was banged up hitting the wall a couple of times.

Have heard many say why not leave Perez out there for the 8th. I think he would have if postseason but team does not need to burn out out best players This is experience needed to prepare for postseason

So. Bochy is not just playing for the best regular season recount run differential. He is playing for a championship

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He it always feels better but the club needs to learn to win the close ones.

Tougher on our nerves though lol

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised they didn't bring in Jankowski for defense late in the game until Duran gets more experience. Also nice hitting by Lowe not trying to do too much just putting it in the huge hole they gave him with won the game...

Looked at last nights lineup and the lowest batting average is Garcia at .260 and Seager highest at .351. I grew up during the Big Red Machine days and can't remember seeing a stacked lineup like this... :tsk: :thumb:
You are right about Lowe's approach. Just put the bat on the ball, we don't need a homerun. Lowe has been good at taking the ball to the opposite field. A little surprised that they were leaning so much for him to pull.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan is saying the Rangers should trade for a starting pitcher at the deadline due to deGrom's extended time on the DL.
Bad take by Evan. Postseason means 3-4 great starters. We need relief help. Hopefully it comes internally.

We have great SP
our young guys look legit and our stars are playing like stars Our bench is good too

Let’s pick up pieces to prepare for postseason. We are over a third through this season. We are legit

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are as bad as their record looks some bad breaks will make you look worse than you really are and vice versa...
Last night was pure 100% bad baseball that cost them the game.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad take by Evan. Postseason means 3-4 great starters. We need relief help. Hopefully it comes internally.

We have great SP
our young guys look legit and our stars are playing like stars Our bench is good too

Let’s pick up pieces to prepare for postseason. We are over a third through this season. We are legit
I think he meant in addition to picking up relief help.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arenado and Goldy are a tough assignment for a veteran pitcher. I would have given someone else the 8th but I am on my couch, sooo
Personally I would have had Martin at least start the 8th. He was only at 88 pitches and seem to be getting stronger. The decision cost him the win and I think he deserved the opportunity

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan is saying the Rangers should trade for a starting pitcher at the deadline due to deGrom's extended time on the DL.
We have Eovaldi, Perez, Gray, Heaney and Dunning to hold down the fort for the next 3 weeks until deGrom returns. The only real need is Bullpen arms. I would add at least 2 arms starting with Alexis Dias

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Eovaldi, Perez, Gray, Heaney and Dunning to hold down the fort for the next 3 weeks until deGrom returns. The only real need is Bullpen arms. I would add at least 2 arms starting with Alexis Dias
We do not know when or if deGrom will return. Yes we should add BP guys.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not know when or if deGrom will return. Yes we should add BP guys.
Right now I’m going to believe CY when he says deGrom will return at the end of June. He said that plan was always to work them back slowly building his pitch route until then anyway.

As far as BP arms go I would look at these possible trade targets: Alexis Díaz, David Bednar, Alex Lange, Dylan Floro, Buck Farmer, Joe Kelly & Arodis Chapman. According to BR all may come available prior to trade deadline

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as BP arms go I would look at these possible trade targets: Alexis Díaz, David Bednar, Alex Lange, Dylan Floro, Buck Farmer, Joe Kelly & Arodis Chapman. According to BR all may come available prior to trade deadline

Reds aren't playing half bad now (ahead of Cubs and Cardinals) and they're doing a lot of lineup shuffling trying to find a good combination. So he is probably now off the table unless you offer a Reynolds haul which isn't going to happen, the internal search will proceed for awhile longer...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about Lowe's approach. Just put the bat on the ball, we don't need a homerun. Lowe has been good at taking the ball to the opposite field. A little surprised that they were leaning so much for him to pull.

He's not your "prototypical" 1B that so many people envision they should be. It's kinda refreshing to see his style because so many players have gotten away from that "taking what they give you", they want to be the hero instead...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds aren't playing half bad now (ahead of Cubs and Cardinals) and they're doing a lot of lineup shuffling trying to find a good combination. So he is probably now off the table unless you offer a Reynolds haul which isn't going to happen, the internal search will proceed for awhile longer...
Nothing against the internal search but the need for at least 1 quality BP arm can’t be ignored and I actually think it should be 2.

I may be premature with my assessment of our internal choices but there is nothing there that shows me promise

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not your "prototypical" 1B that so many people envision they should be. It's kinda refreshing to see his style because so many players have gotten away from that "taking what they give you", they want to be the hero instead...
Agreed. He makes his mark by taking what the opposing Pitcher gives him. Last night in the 9th every pitch was to opposite side of the plate and he went to the left side. For some reason SL aligned their defense to the right

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against the internal search but the need for at least 1 quality BP arm can’t be ignored and I actually think it should be 2.

I may be premature with my assessment of our internal choices but there is nothing there that shows me promise
I think we will have Howard (next game) Speas and Funkhouser all soon to assess in June. Maybe they trade for someone early July

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW. Pretty big role for Grant A to step in the 8th inning role. Guess the matchups was part of the equation. Nice to get some more help in relief

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article on ESPN speculates that Heim will get screwed out of going to the ASG because the Royals will have to have a player and Perez is the only viable option.