• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about buying a 10 game package, where you get the opening day game and a 12th game included. So basically 12 games for the price of 10 w opening day included

It's a good deal if you're able to go to the games.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good deal if you're able to go to the games.

Yeah I'll go to most. The ones I cant make it to, I will give to customers or employees probably

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about buying a 10 game package, where you get the opening day game and a 12th game included. So basically 12 games for the price of 10 w opening day included

While in theory its good... your "free" tickets to those 2 games will be in the upper reserved or grandstand reserved...

Not ideal....but free is free..

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While in theory its good... your "free" tickets to those 2 games will be in the upper reserved or grandstand reserved...

Not ideal....but free is free..

Well I may have to give those to the employees and clients and find myself something on stub hub, in the first few rows.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I may have to give those to the employees and clients and find myself something on stub hub, in the first few rows.

Or your buddy, Romeo. :D

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been expecting this ever since I heard that Nathan was having surgery several months ago. It had Rangers interest written all over it. We will see if that interest results in a roster spot at some time later in the year. He could be a guy to pick up after we trade a reliever.

Assistant GM discusses what Rangers are considering as they evaluate Tim Lincecum | SportsDay

Grant: Is there any kind of chance that former Ranger Joe Nathan, who is coming back from Tommy John surgery, could rejoin the team moving forward?

Levine: "We've had a lot of conversations with Joe. We have a ton of respect for what he did for the franchise when he was here and it sounds like the feeling is mutual, that he really enjoyed his time as well. He's definitely committed at this point to trying to make a full comeback. We respect that. We have had some conversations with him about what he wants to do after his playing career. We will monitor his throwing sessions and to see how his rehab progresses but it sounds like that's not an opening day decision at this point."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're about a day away from having Moreland go to arbitration. He'd be our first since Lee Stevens back in 2000 (think that's right).

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're about a day away from having Moreland go to arbitration. He'd be our first since Lee Stevens back in 2000 (think that's right).

I think you're right. I think Moreland has a good shot at beating them. He's asking for $6m... 23 HR and 80+ RBI last year, I think he gets the $6m.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moreland has a good shot at beating them. He's asking for $6m... 23 HR and 80+ RBI last year, I think he gets the $6m.

I agree. But I hope they sign him before going through the process.

The whole arbitration process puts the team in a position of presenting some pretty damning statistics - win or lose - and I can see where the player can take it pretty personally. We don't appear to be far apart, so bridge the gap, build some incentives into your offer, etc and get it done.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or your buddy, Romeo. :D

Anytime I have an extra ticket or am going to a game, anyone here is welcome to them or invited. I'll even buy the tickets, no reason to waste baseball on the casual fans

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if he signs soon. ST around the corner. And still legit backup CF despite full roster

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if he signs soon. ST around the corner. And still legit backup CF despite full roster
I just hope he signs somewhere before the draft so we can get the draft pick.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Jones, Texas Rangers backup centerfielder by default?

This article seems to suggest Ruggiano will be on the team as a backup to play 1B and COF and that Jones is the default backup in CF. That leaves 2 backup spots left and that would be a middle infielder and a catcher. That brings me back to a point we were discussing a few days ago. How does Rua make this lineup without Hamilton being on the DL no matter how he plays this spring? I think it wold be a pretty drastic move to release Ruggiano and make Rua the backup COF as well as have him backup 1B. They could do it, but I think the difference between the two of them in ST would have to be very significant.

Then when Hamilton does go down it could very well be a lefty that is called up to platoon with Ruggiano.

I am definitely ready for ST to begin. This has been a very long offseason it seems.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This bodes well for the Rangers

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Jones, Texas Rangers backup centerfielder by default?

This article seems to suggest Ruggiano will be on the team as a backup to play 1B and COF and that Jones is the default backup in CF. That leaves 2 backup spots left and that would be a middle infielder and a catcher. That brings me back to a point we were discussing a few days ago. How does Rua make this lineup without Hamilton being on the DL no matter how he plays this spring? I think it wold be a pretty drastic move to release Ruggiano and make Rua the backup COF as well as have him backup 1B. They could do it, but I think the difference between the two of them in ST would have to be very significant.

Then when Hamilton does go down it could very well be a lefty that is called up to platoon with Ruggiano.

I am definitely ready for ST to begin. This has been a very long offseason it seems.

I still think Rua has a shot. A great performance will force him in the lineup. I think completion for spots is not bad. And BTW Josh's health has not been the subject of glowing reports. I just hope the best players play. We saw DDJ take a job that was not his. It can happen again

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I do envision that," Darvish said. "And it's a good feeling. I think: 'How hard can I throw? How much better I can be on the mound?' I'm very excited when I think about pitching on the mound again."

Man, if that doesn't send your baseball weenie from 6 to midnight, I don't know what will.

(just don't rush back too soon, Yu. Heal 100%!)

Status
Not open for further replies.