• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official World Cup Thread

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of concussions in soccer too.

[YOUTUBE]8GEB-TYLMmQ[/YOUTUBE]

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of concussions in soccer too.

[YOUTUBE]8GEB-TYLMmQ[/YOUTUBE]

Lol, are you really trying to argue against Crimson's point?

There's absolutely no doubt that soccer is a much, much safer choice for parents than football.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karim Benzema going off today for France. So much potential this could be the tournament he explodes.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Argentina didn't look that cohesive against Bosnia. Maybe they just need more time to gel. They should be able to finish 1st, but once they meet a tougher opponent in the knockout stage, it might be a problem.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karim Benzema going off today for France. So much potential this could be the tournament he explodes.

I agree with the principle of this post however, lets see him do this versus a more talented squad...

I've seen the highs n lows of Benz for awhile... I am not sadden if he leaves Real right now... before I was very much against it but its time...(fuck, bring back Ozil!!!)

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, are you really trying to argue against Crimson's point?

There's absolutely no doubt that soccer is a much, much safer choice for parents than football.

Pretty sure I remember reading how female soccer had more concussions than football at the youth age.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portugal is falling apart. Germany needs to keep scoring because we need that goal differential in case a tie breaker.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA USA! Wish I could watch.

Sleeper pick is Ivory Coast.

Even before Netherlands throttled Spain I had a somewhat good feeling about them. They could be back I'm the finals.

And damn that Switzerland game was nuts yesterday!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to do something about flopping. In every sport, but especially soccer since this is a soccer thread. These guys take some legit hard spills and hard hits, but that all gets over shadowed by getting flicked and looking like a fish out of water on the field. It makes it look like 11 vaginas kicking a ball around.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They need to do something about flopping. In every sport, but especially soccer since this is a soccer thread. These guys take some legit hard spills and hard hits, but that all gets over shadowed by getting flicked and looking like a fish out of water on the field. It makes it look like 11 vaginas kicking a ball around.

Brazil and Mexico are 1A and 1B in the flopping category.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Korea is running the Greg Popovich offense. They're getting open shots and taking them. I don't watch soccer much but the percentages got to play in your favor if you're taking a high number of clean shots - even if they're from treyland - rather than trying to drive the ball inside for a contested layup. If anyone has any sabermetic-esque stats for soccer I'd like to look over them.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There needs to be a goalie that can just outright JaMarcus Russell the ball.

soccer-field-dimensions-diagram-lrg.gif

From the little soccer that I believe to know the goalie can have his hands on the ball just until the edge of the big box(18 yards line). Now if soccer can get a J-Rock to throw a soccer ball 52 yards which I feel is doable, then you have your Randy Moss line up onsides and chase the ball down in the air to catch the defense off guard, all while Pat Summerall and John Madden are calling the game on SNF,, the game would be a whole lot more efficient and entertaining. This is because the ball would drop just 30 yards away from the goal (or yards out side big box), which leads to more offense and less BSing with passes at midfield.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korea is running the Greg Popovich offense. They're getting open shots and taking them. I don't watch soccer much but the percentages got to play in your favor if you're taking a high number of clean shots - even if they're from treyland - rather than trying to drive the ball inside for a contested layup. If anyone has any sabermetic-esque stats for soccer I'd like to look over them.

Depends on a few factors:

1- How deep the back-line is playing
2- How good is the goalie at defending longer range shots
3- Is your team good at getting those off-goalie rebounds for second chances

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There needs to be a goalie that can just outright JaMarcus Russell the ball.

soccer-field-dimensions-diagram-lrg.gif

From the little soccer that I believe to know the goalie can have his hands on the ball just until the edge of the big box(18 yards line). Now if soccer can get a J-Rock to throw a soccer ball 52 yards which I feel is doable, then you have your Randy Moss line up onsides and chase the ball down in the air to catch the defense off guard, all while Pat Summerall and John Madden are calling the game on SNF,, the game would be a whole lot more efficient and entertaining. This is because the ball would drop just 30 yards away from the goal (or yards out side big box), which leads to more offense and less BSing with passes at midfield.

Look up Higuita... old goalie for Colombia back in the 90s... he wouldn't throw the ball but he'll dribble it all the way through... that fucking psycho!

known more for making the most unbelievable save ever IMO but that nut will leave his box and go n try to score...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just embarrassed to be a Spain fan. The run is over, and it's time to hit the reset button. I didn't have huge expectations coming in, but to be eliminated completely after two games? Sheesh.

Diego Costa was supposed to be the forward of the future but he's just bad. No instincts, no ball control, little technique. I don't wanna see Fernando Torres in a Spanish uniform ever again. Just pathetic display. Dude can barely run now. Say bye to Xavi and Pique. I also think Jordi Alba is just garbage as a wing back.

The only ones who played worth a damn today were Iniesta, Silva and occasionally Ramos. Even Casillas is done.

Time for a complete reboot.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Depends on a few factors:

1- How deep the back-line is playing
2- How good is the goalie at defending longer range shots
3- Is your team good at getting those off-goalie rebounds for second chances

If they play up, you have your bigs in Tiago and Duncan to header crosses obviously!

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look up Higuita... old goalie for Colombia back in the 90s... he wouldn't throw the ball but he'll dribble it all the way through... that fucking psycho!

known more for making the most unbelievable save ever IMO but that nut will leave his box and go n try to score...

Watched it earlier and have to say he is borderline maradona when it comes to entertainment

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just embarrassed to be a Spain fan. The run is over, and it's time to hit the reset button. I didn't have huge expectations coming in, but to be eliminated completely after two games? Sheesh.

Diego Costa was supposed to be the forward of the future but he's just bad. No instincts, no ball control, little technique. I don't wanna see Fernando Torres in a Spanish uniform ever again. Just pathetic display. Dude can barely run now. Say bye to Xavi and Pique. I also think Jordi Alba is just garbage as a wing back.

The only ones who played worth a damn today were Iniesta, Silva and occasionally Ramos. Even Casillas is done.

Time for a complete reboot.

I think Ivory Coast is going to win. They have the most players that look like they could play NFL