• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Bears Head Coaching Search Thread...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are set to interview the following:

Vikings DC George Edwards
Vikings OC Pat Shurmur
Chiefs OC Matt Nagy
Eagles QBC John DeFilippo
Patriots OC Josh McDaniels
Panthers DC Steve Wilks

These are the ones that have been scheduled and/or reported the Bears are talking too. Thoughts? Who do you want?

I doubt this isn't the final list and they will explore other options. Does anyone see a "hot" candidate? Because I really don't.

(I'll do a small write up on each of these guys when I get some time.)

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Steve Wilks from Carolina might be a really good fit. Chicago's defense was already good this year, adding a VERY VERY Defensive minded coach in Wilks will only improve it. I just worry about the offense with him as coach. That's why I'd say Josh McDaniels might be the best fit for Chicago. He's coached that offense for 8 years with a gap in between. Need someone that can coach those young guys because, top to bottom, Chicago might have the brightest future in the league aside from the 49ers with Jimmy G. Chicago has great young talent, they just need some decent WR options for Trubisky.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why but I picture Josh McDaniels going to Indy with Andrew Luck if he goes anywhere

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck is all fucked up in the head. Too many hits to the noodle. He's seeing ghosts, and ain't even on the field.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck isn't gonna be the same Andrew Luck. Ever. No matter who the coach is.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Jahns‏Verified account @adamjahns
The #Bears highly value what Vic Fangio did for the defense. They are expected to push to keep him. It might not be as head coach, but as DC.
11:49 AM - 3 Jan 2018

Tweet- from earlier today... Interesting, I would love to keep Vic Fangio as DC, but I don't want to force a HC to do that. We've seen that in the past, "We want you to coach for us, but you can't chose your own DC or OC or whatever...I think it would be a tough sell to some of them" (NOT that many new HC's wouldn't want Fangio, he's one of the best DC's in the game, but the principle of telling him you can't pick your own staff is hard)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read our OC Dowell Loggains is gone, went to Miami as OC. Good riddance. He was terrible.

I don't think there's a snowball chance in hell Fangio becomes our next HC. He's only in the loop for possible HC "possibilities" so he won't bail on us right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to McDummy. Outside of riding Brady's coattail he has flopped badly. Players hated him front office hated him, his draft picks stunk.
Pat Shurmur is right now my leading hope. He is really good with QBs.
Naggy I would be cool with.
Toub is the best all around guy IMO but I would have to know his staff first.
Lost interest in D flip. I believe Wentz is good because Wentz is good.
No to any Def coach. We need to go all in on Trubs and that means Off coach as HC.
Gut says Shurmur HC Dflip OC Rex Ryan DC.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to McDummy. Outside of riding Brady's coattail he has flopped badly. Players hated him front office hated him, his draft picks stunk.
Pat Shurmur is right now my leading hope. He is really good with QBs.
Naggy I would be cool with.
Toub is the best all around guy IMO but I would have to know his staff first.
Lost interest in D flip. I believe Wentz is good because Wentz is good.
No to any Def coach. We need to go all in on Trubs and that means Off coach as HC.
Gut says Shurmur HC Dflip OC Rex Ryan DC.
“McDummy” won’t be making draft picks. I doubt we get him, but I think he is a prime candidate to rebound where he goes next.

ESPN is reporting that Shurmur wants to bring case Keenum along with him. I think it’s as starter. Therefore, I see him going elsewhere. Unless Keenum and Shurmur would accept Keenum being back up. I would love that.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have the Bears EVER been the first to sign a HC? This is a little crazy. I think the Vic Fangio thing was the reason for it, but I hope they got the right guy. I'm a little depressed that I saw his birthday and he's about 25 days younger than me... He's now an NFL HC and I'm still here... ha. Should be interesting. the more I read about him the more I can see why.

Lot's of RPO's in Nagy's Offense (Run/Pass/Option plays) which is a plus for Mitch. And his use of the scat back which we have in Cohen... Still gonna need lots of help and if Vic stays it can be a quick turn around. We can only hope. Go Bears!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/end thread