• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was definitely one of those people who was never sold on Schenn until possibly the second half of last season, so I hope I am wrong moving forward and he does continue to improve all over the ice.

If not, it technically could end up being a bad contract. We obviously all prefer that he become a consistent point per game guy and improve defensively instead. It would help give us the second line scoring that we've needed for awhile now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was definitely one of those people who was never sold on Schenn until possibly the second half of last season, so I hope I am wrong moving forward and he does continue to improve all over the ice.

If not, it technically could end up being a bad contract. We obviously all prefer that he become a consistent point per game guy and improve defensively instead. It would help give us the second line scoring that we've needed for awhile now.
I think that our whole team has improved and will continue to improve under Hakstol's system. Once the players picked up the system fully we played a lot better than early in the season. We were so much more defensively sound in the neutral zone and our own end than in years past.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. He has Vegas actually taking Matt Read from us...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would be overjoyed with that selection. Read is our 6th highest paid forward at $3.625 million and yet he only scored 11 goals last season in a whopping 79 games.

We would gladly have Konecny take his spot on the roster, which also frees up a lot of cap space.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya i actually think the expansion draft could help the Flyers. There's at least a decent chance of MacDonald or Read getting taken which would be great. Unfortunately based on that mock it looks like Las Vegas will have their pick of defenders though so i doubt AMac is even thought about. I think the only guys that might be a loss that could be risked are Cousins and Laughton, neither of which would be a crushing loss.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would be overjoyed with that selection. Read is our 6th highest paid forward at $3.625 million and yet he only scored 11 goals last season in a whopping 79 games.

We would gladly have Konecny take his spot on the roster, which also frees up a lot of cap space.
Not only does he have them taking Read but he has them not taking Stolarz or Neuvirth and taking Raanta. Hopefully this all comes true.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only does he have them taking Read but he has them not taking Stolarz or Neuvirth and taking Raanta. Hopefully this all comes true.

Read yes,and I wouldn't be terribly upset if they grabbed Mason.
To me ,it seems they play more offensively,and with more confidence with Neuvirth in net.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read yes,and I wouldn't be terribly upset if they grabbed Mason.
To me ,it seems they play more offensively,and with more confidence with Neuvirth in net.
I would definitely not be upset if they took Mason either as I am a fan of Neuvy for our starter. Although Mase has been great for us at times I just like the smooth way Neuvy plays and don't like when he gets rattled and I believe you are correct that we play much better in front of Neuvy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely not be upset if they took Mason either as I am a fan of Neuvy for our starter. Although Mase has been great for us at times I just like the smooth way Neuvy plays and don't like when he gets rattled and I believe you are correct that we play much better in front of Neuvy.

I agree. While he only played in three games, Neuvy still led the league in playoff numbers for a goalie. It's tough to argue against a 0.67 GAA and .981 SV% against the Presidents' Trophy winning team. It shows that he is truly clutch and with Mase, we are not exactly sure yet about that. Yes, he was a large reason we made the playoffs, but then he choked a bit.

These guys are the same age and Neuvy would probably be the cheaper option moving forward, if not arguably the better option too. It's just a matter of whether he can start 60 games a season and stay healthy.

I don't think we will lose a defenseman or goalie though as Vegas will be relatively stacked with better choices in those areas.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only protect one goalie. That means Stolarz will be at risk, but won't be taken. It also means whoever has the better season between Mase/Neuvy will probably earn a new contract and protection. I think that is likely to be Neuvy, but we shall see.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm very comfortable with either goalie. i think the flyers are going to get phenomenal goaltending this season. i predict one of them makes the all-star game. my money is on mase, but i'm not loyal to either guy, i just want both of them to play lights out all season.

after the season you resign the one that plays the best and protect him.

set up beautifully IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm very comfortable with either goalie. i think the flyers are going to get phenomenal goaltending this season. i predict one of them makes the all-star game. my money is on mase, but i'm not loyal to either guy, i just want both of them to play lights out all season.

after the season you resign the one that plays the best and protect him.

set up beautifully IMO.
We had gotten phenomenal goaltending last year also and I must say its because of Hakstols system and how much better we are defensively. All star team though is a strong prediction.