• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Meltzer. I know it's hockeybuzz, but he's a very good writer and knows hockey.

HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Meltzer's Musings: Connor, Timonen, Stolarz, Bernie, Flyers 5K and More

Bill is the best hockey writer I've read, including the 'national' guys like Mackenzie, Dreger, and Friedman. Though Friedman is pretty awesome too.

Bill is a little bit of a different breed, more analysis of what happens and where the team stands, less rumor type stuff.

Also Panaccio and Carchidi are hacks. They write to get hits, period.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill is the best hockey writer I've read, including the 'national' guys like Mackenzie, Dreger, and Friedman. Though Friedman is pretty awesome too.

Bill is a little bit of a different breed, more analysis of what happens and where the team stands, less rumor type stuff.

Yeah, that's why I am looking for options other than them. I used to follow Frank and Anthony Sanfillipo, but Anthony moved on before last season and now Frank so it's time to move on.

I see Bill's blog posted on here often so I'll give his twitter a try.

Any thoughts on Randy Miller?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I am looking for options other than them. I used to follow Frank and Anthony Sanfillipo, but Anthony moved on before last season and now Frank so it's time to move on.

I see Bill's blog posted on here often so I'll give his twitter a try.

Any thoughts on Randy Miller?

Miller is OK I think. I don't read him much. Meltzer writes a blog every day too, so lots to read from him.

I follow David Strehle on twitter too, he's pretty good at hitting on rumors and giving stats and stuff during games and between games. Without a lot of the BS that comes with Panotch/Carchidi

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miller is OK I think. I don't read him much. Meltzer writes a blog every day too, so lots to read from him.

I follow David Strehle on twitter too, he's pretty good at hitting on rumors and giving stats and stuff during games and between games. Without a lot of the BS that comes with Panotch/Carchidi

I would suggest Dave Isaac from the Courier Post(twitter handle is davegisaac) - he's underrated, very good writer and he doesn't start drama like the other hacks in the city

Randy Miller is an absolute clownshow, like Panotch and Carchidi - avoid them like the plague

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the word is that Timonen wants to come back to the Flyers organization is some role.. I'd love to have him involved whether it's scouting, coaching, or anything. I'm sure Hextall would welcome him back with open arms. The guy is the perfect role model and I can see him teaching our younger guys coming up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest Dave Isaac from the Courier Post(twitter handle is davegisaac) - he's underrated, very good writer and he doesn't start drama like the other hacks in the city

Randy Miller is an absolute clownshow, like Panotch and Carchidi - avoid them like the plague

ah good call, I follow him also.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the word is that Timonen wants to come back to the Flyers organization is some role.. I'd love to have him involved whether it's scouting, coaching, or anything. I'm sure Hextall would welcome him back with open arms. The guy is the perfect role model and I can see him teaching our younger guys coming up.
He would be a great mentor for the young defenseman we have in our system waiting to get to the big club

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terry Murray leaving the Phantoms to be an assistant in Buffalo

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep that sucks.

not sure if the tweet Cobie posted mentions it, but Tim Murry (Terry's nephew) is the GM there.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep that sucks.

not sure if the tweet Cobie posted mentions it, but Tim Murry (Terry's nephew) is the GM there.

Yep that's probably part of why he ended up going there

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down
Trade up
Make our current selections
Trade current players
Sign free agents

I hope any or all of these moves will lead us to the promised land.

I will be happy as hell,when the draft is finally over and we can move on to bitching about the picks that were actually made.:suds:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it.. I just hate the Sabres. They are going to have a very good team in tact. A good coaching staff followed with a good pool of prospects. I say in about 3 years they will be a legit contender. Tim Murray just rubs me off as a whiny bitch. When things don't go his way, he plays the victim card. Hence, the 2nd pick instead of the 1st.
On another note, maybe this opens the door for Timonen in Lehigh Valley in a role?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it.. I just hate the Sabres. They are going to have a very good team in tact. A good coaching staff followed with a good pool of prospects. I say in about 3 years they will be a legit contender. Tim Murray just rubs me off as a whiny bitch. When things don't go his way, he plays the victim card. Hence, the 2nd pick instead of the 1st.
On another note, maybe this opens the door for Timonen in Lehigh Valley in a role?

Kimmo deserves to be in the NHL in some capacity, he's not going down to Lehigh I wouldn't think