• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The New York Jets Thread

How Far Will the New York Jets Go in 2014?

• Win the Super Bowl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Super Bowl.

• Lose in the AFCC.

• Lose in the Divisional Round.

• Lose in the Wild Card Round.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner.

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup.

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

The Kansas City Chiefs Thread - SB Runnerup beat the Colts who beat the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals Thread - AFC Runnerup Beat the Chargers who beat the Bengals.

The Arizona Cardinals Thread - Best Record for a Non-Playoff Team in a Hard Division.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread - Next Best Record, Controversially Missed the Playoffs.

The Chicago Bears Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Baltimore Ravens Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Dallas Cowboys Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Miami Dolphins Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The New York Jets Thread - Same Record, Randomly Selected.

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them missing the playoffs again. There are just too many questions on the offensive side of the ball for me to think they have a chance. The addition of Decker helps but with Geno at QB, I don't think it really matters. I would give them better odds of succeeding if they started Vick, but even then... They have an up-and-coming defense with a lot of talent. So maybe if they can finally figure out the QB position, they can build a playoff caliber team around him. Not sure if Geno is the answer to that yet.

Patriots are going to dominate the division as usual. And the Bills & Dolphins are making their own cases as well. I think best case is the Jets finish 8-8 again. Their schedule is pretty damn tough, and I only counted 6-7 wins at first glance.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are going to be an absolute bitch to play against. Their D is going to be good again, they have some unbelievably underrated players on that front 7 (Big Mo and Richardson). They added a few more weapons on offense which is good but above everything else I just don't trust the o-line.

I think a lot of last year's offensive struggles and Geno's problems were because of poor play from the o-line. Too often they couldn't get a run game established and without that threat of a run, team's could force Geno to try and beat them and that wasn't happening.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of last year's offensive struggles and Geno's problems were because of poor play from the o-line. Too often they couldn't get a run game established and without that threat of a run, team's could force Geno to try and beat them and that wasn't happening.

The entire NFL knows that Rex LOVES the run game. He is going to try and establish it all game long if he has to.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets should be pretty strong in the trenches on both sides of the ball this year...I think Geno makes a big leap in ball protection this year or we're going to see what Vick has left pretty quickly. The LBs need to step up and this DEF will be a bear.

Out of DIV road games are not brutal...GB, SD, KC, MIN,TN, I can see them winning 2 to 3 of those...but the non-DIV home games could be brutal...they need to split the DIV imo to win 8 games.

They are rising but I don't know if they will be consistent enough to make the playoffs.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rex is a very underrated coach. His braggart asshole stuff masks his ability to do quite a bit with not much. It's just hard to keep pulling that off with any consistency.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are like the Buttaface of the League. They have everything ButtaQB

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out on a limb and have them missing the playoffs. Not much else to say.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out on a limb and have them missing the playoffs. Not much else to say.

I'll also go out on a limb and say that almost every thread for the "Team by Team" posts from here on out will be voted to miss the playoffs.

Safe assumption :noidea:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll also go out on a limb and say that almost every thread for the "Team by Team" posts from here on out will be voted to miss the playoffs.

Safe assumption :noidea:

Probably so. Also likely that the poll results will be wrong about at least one of those teams. For example, I doubt that the Eagles, Chiefs or Chargers would have gotten many votes to make the playoffs a year ago.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver, @Green Bay, New England, @New England: Win 0 (1).
Miami, @Kansas City, @Miami, @San Diego, @Tennessee: Win 3 (2).
Pittsburgh, Chicago: Win 1.
Buffalo, @Minnesota, @Buffalo, Detroit, Oakland: Win 4.

8-8.

One more win somewhere than I think, one more loss. 8-8, but I could see a game more or less.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to be the sole playoff guesser. I still think Rex has his job forever.