• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA Lockout

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on the NBA's lockout and will it be better or worse then the 99 one?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be worse. The owners are fed up with players milking their paychecks. We all have seen it. Too many games mailed in. Too many players walking up and down the court. Ticket sales are down, and the fanbase is disenchanted in many franchise cities.

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the nba has really never been the same since the first lockout in terms of fan support. They cant afford another one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be worse. The owners are fed up with players milking their paychecks. We all have seen it. Too many games mailed in. Too many players walking up and down the court. Ticket sales are down, and the fanbase is disenchanted in many franchise cities.

I was just reading this... Battier: NBA can't go through what the NFL is - CBSSports.com

There is a spike in NBA ticket sales and TV revenue, but it's focused on just a small amount of teams.

There are too many teams, thus watering down the talent. Perhaps a lockout would be the best thing for the NBA. Perhaps some of the teams won't survive.

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading this... Battier: NBA can't go through what the NFL is - CBSSports.com

There is a spike in NBA ticket sales and TV revenue, but it's focused on just a small amount of teams.

There are too many teams, thus watering down the talent. Perhaps a lockout would be the best thing for the NBA. Perhaps some of the teams won't survive.

Well a lot of people want to see the raptors just go away. Bobcats are on the bubble imo.

Teams that need to move are the hornets, clippers, kings, and hawks. Just not enough support for the hornets, clippers, and hawks. Kings just want a bigger arena.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the NFL, I couldn't give a shit until it cuts into regular season games. Obviously, the NFL lockout had no effect on me. i actually enjoyed the frenzy that followed the CBA agreement and thinks the NFL should do shit like that every year.

LeBron in Miami is good for the NBA and so would DH12 taking his talents to LA or NY.

However, if any regular season games are missed, then the NBA will struggle.

One last point, I heard a rumor through the season that Shaq was going to replace Barkley on Inside the NBA (the best thing the NBA has going on right now) and now Shaq is hired. If Barkley leaves that show, the NBA will suffer.

S

sportswise1

Welcome sportswise.

This is an original from the nba espn message boards.

Thanks--posters are going crazy w/complaints about the new format and think they have a shot of convincing ESPN to leave the boards as they were--that won't happen

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome sportswise. I hope you like it here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks--posters are going crazy w/complaints about the new format and think they have a shot of convincing ESPN to leave the boards as they were--that won't happen

You guys could run your own board here - just like the NHL board. They've done an excellent job and grabbed just about every good poster they could.

Back to topic...

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah they want to go to the MCS message board but nobody talks about sports there and they dont have team message boards.

S

sportswise1

Just like the NFL, I couldn't give a shit until it cuts into regular season games. Obviously, the NFL lockout had no effect on me. i actually enjoyed the frenzy that followed the CBA agreement and thinks the NFL should do shit like that every year.

LeBron in Miami is good for the NBA and so would DH12 taking his talents to LA or NY.

However, if any regular season games are missed, then the NBA will struggle.

One last point, I heard a rumor through the season that Shaq was going to replace Barkley on Inside the NBA (the best thing the NBA has going on right now) and now Shaq is hired. If Barkley leaves that show, the NBA will suffer.

Barkley is NOT leaving and either way--the NBA success is not dependent on that show.

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why players like Lebron who makes an average of 90 mil in endorsements since coming into the league needs to get a 100 mil contract. Also some of the owners signing awful players to star contracts like the magic did with Rashard Lewis is another problem.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah they want to go to the MCS message board but nobody talks about sports there and they dont have team message boards.

Oh well... If they can only see what the NHL board here has turned into. We appreciate you guys coming over. We're trying to become the best forum for real fans.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing to dislike here. Once you post on SportsHoopla for awhile you'll wonder how you were able to post on ESPN for so long. I know I did. And I don't know how I was able to post there for so long. Damn trolls are overwhelming over there. It's almost impossible to have a civilized conversation on that site.

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome sportswise1

I sure hope the Timberwolves fan comes over.

Abe is the only wolves fan i know. He might come over from espn. Loads of knowledge on the game and its history.