• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Mathers Effect?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to believe that the change of team president has contributed to the improvements we've been seeing here and there this year. Sure, you could also credit McLendon or however it's spelled, or even certain players, but has this new guy really taken more control of things and set this team right since replacing Chuck ArmWEAK?

You decide.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think that has anything to do with it. Who have we brought in since then who wouldn't have been if the guy was still in his office?

I think it's more that guys are actually performing to a higher standard lately. The 2 out hitting and RBI, Ackley and Morrison going on streaks at the same time as Seager and Cano still hitting.

If there's going to be an impact felt, I don't expect it to be so short term as this team's turnaround recently.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathers is just another yes man bottom line guy, I don't care what he's said. The Mariners are winning in spite of the front office this year, not because of it. Quite impressive when you really sit back and think about it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their pitching has been historic this year. If Mathers did a thing to help Ackley then maybe I could give him a fraction of it but I only think McClendon can take any praise out of this season from someone other than a player. People exceeding their baseball cards has nothing to do with management.