• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Los Angeles Rams/Chargers - Allies & Advisaries

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bite your damn tongue!!! Niners fan? Me? :slaphappy: :puke:Not a bad cover though :D
Now there is a real fan!

Would rather be here....

a045c4b2fafd9cddee05cfba3eb074d8--jefferson-city-missouri-in-america.jpg

Then mistaken for a 9ers fan!

BTW - I was only pining it on purguy, letting him take the fall for ya.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense this thread should be bumped this week!

:bump:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Chargers’ Embarrassing Arrival in Los Angeles means to the Rams
The Los Angeles Chargers’ chances to score points in their fight for LA are only going to get better because they can’t get any worse.

831185652.0.jpg

Much has been written about how much of a disaster the first two preseason games for the Los Angeles Chargers have been. The Chargers’ first preseason game drew 21,054 people. The second preseason game, on Sunday night, drew 21,197 — that’s 6,000 seats short of the capacity for the Stub Hub Center. In contrast, The Rams reported a crowd of 62,888 for their first preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys. The way-too-early-too call verdict isn’t looking good for the bolts and the upcoming preseason game between the Rams and Chargers at the LA Coliseum is only going to amplify the noise.

The fight for LA is a disaster for the bolts because of how indifferent Los Angeles sports fans feel about the Chargers. You’d think they could pack the Stub Hub center for a preseason game against the Saints, but without any built-in loyalty, other distractions became more desirable. Like brunch. Think about that. The Chargers are losing to brunch.

However, I think the “fight for LA” tactic was a card the Chargers marketing department had to play because they needed eyeballs. And the Chargers came out swinging — even though it was very, very, very awkward.

giphy.gif

Those photos of the sparsely attended games at the tiny Stub Hub Center are hilarious to Rams fans, but once you realize that the move from San Diego to Los Angeles was going to take years before it wasn’t a laughable, then the whole PR stunt starts to make sense. In Hollywood, there’s no such thing as bad press and the Chargers are just trying to make a dent in the busy sports landscape of Los Angeles.

Rather than starting a fight, I would have emphasized the fact that they have lightening bolts on their pants. Fashion sells, people.

But, you know what? San Diego is still watching their team and that matters. The Chargers aren’t a terrible team when they aren’t lying on stretchers.

The only way the Los Angeles Chargers are going grow their fanbase is to be ultra competitive in the hopes of filling up the bandwagon. And one of the best cities for bandwagon fans is Los Angeles. Go into any Lids store in Southern California and there’s an entire wall dedicated to Golden State Warriors stuff. LA loves a winner.

The reason why the Rams will win the fight for LA is simple: they have legacy fans that are here and ready to support their team. History matters. No matter how you slice it, the Chargers don’t belong in Los Angeles.
The sad part of the season for the Chargers is obviously going to be their home game with the Oakland Raiders. That stadium is going to be taken over by Raider fans to such a degree that you might as well play Sarah McLachlan slow jams during the game — it’s going to be sad. But that’s just part of this process. The Chargers’ owner, Dean Spanos, didn’t get his own stadium and now he’s forced to rent from the Rams.

Personally, I think the Chargers need to sell the team, build a stadium in San Diego, and move back ASAP. Is that a pipe dream? Sure. But it’s still the best option for everyone.

Another way to look at it is this: the fight for LA is gift for Rams fans. This upcoming Rams-Chargers game on Saturday is a perfect opportunity for the Rams to show what kind of fanbase they actually have. People are paying attention to these two franchises and it’s time to take out the banners, horns, and watermelon helmets. Let’s get crazy.

This fight is a warning to the Rams’ front office that they can’t just sit back — they need to put out a product that will galvanize the faithful that have waited years and years to watch Rams football in person. And from what we saw last weekend, the Rams are well on their way.
What the Chargers’ Embarrassing Arrival in Los Angeles means to the Rams

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21K! :o

Honestly there was close to that many Cowboy fans at last years preseason opener!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the crux of the issue:

The reason why the Rams will win the fight for LA is simple: they have legacy fans that are here and ready to support their team. History matters. No matter how you slice it, the Chargers don’t belong in Los Angeles.

Afterall, the Chargers began in LA and left never to return. They don't have near the history, notoriety, and prestige that accompanies it that the Rams had and still have with the communities of LA.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego is one beautiful city and their stadium was awesome...why they left escapes me. Could prove to be a huge mistake.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego is one beautiful city and their stadium was awesome...why they left escapes me. Could prove to be a huge mistake.
:agree: Yes it is/was old, but I had no problem with that stadium. Had fun both tailgating there and I never had problems getting in or out, even with Uber.

Easy Peasy!

Then again, I'm accustom to attending games at the LA Coliseum, and Rose Bowl (Both very, very, very old Stadiums)

Even at that, as @Retroram52 can attest, I have attended Rams games at the University of Phoenix (A recent Super Bowl site) and while is was state of the art, it wasn't that overwhelmingly impressive as a regular spectator. (We had some pretty good seats too)

I'm guessing the real differences are the high end suites and those sort of high end amenities, that have these Owners coveting the Jerry Jones' of the NFL.

By the way Retro, my bud and I will be attending the Rams game in Arizona this year too, you Sir are welcome to do some tailgating with us once again if you choose! :suds:

But it's hell or high water if we are not there with bells on!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Yes it is/was old, but I had no problem with that stadium. Had fun both tailgating there and I never had problems getting in or out, even with Uber.

Easy Peasy!

Then again, I'm accustom to attending games at the LA Coliseum, and Rose Bowl (Both very, very, very old Stadiums)

Even at that, as @Retroram52 can attest, I have attended Rams games at the University of Phoenix (A recent Super Bowl site) and while is was state of the art, it wasn't that overwhelmingly impressive as a regular spectator. (We had some pretty good seats too)

I'm guessing the real differences are the high end suites and those sort of high end amenities, that have these Owners coveting the Jerry Jones' of the NFL.

By the way Retro, my bud and I will be attending the Rams game in Arizona this year too, you Sir are welcome to do some tailgating with us once again if you choose! :suds:

But it's hell or high water if we are not there with bells on!
Yeah I've been to the stadium in Phoenix several times to see the Rams play. I saw Warner tear the Rams a new one there. When I go it's always with my dads brother and his huge Cardinal faithful family and friends that tailgates with him. I spend the whole day hearing "Yeah I use to be a Rams fan" lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita. Thanks for the invite. I am planning to be there the first week in December. AS it gets closer, I'll try to get back with ya to get tickets close to where you and Bruce will be sitting.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita. Thanks for the invite. I am planning to be there the first week in December. AS it gets closer, I'll try to get back with ya to get tickets close to where you and Bruce will be sitting.
No that's not his name, besides I think he's a member, probably not a good idea to use real names anyhow...

I think he has/had a SportsHoopla Screen Name as I tried to get him on board awhile back, it was something like LARams21 in honor of Nolan Cromwell.

But yeah, his Son is going to get the tickets, (His son lives in the area) so once he picks them up I'll let you know.