• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Dr Strangelove: Or How I stopped worrying..

Its amazing how well everything stands up today except for the parts with the airplane flying in the air looking like a bad B movie prop. I can't decide if my favorite character is George C Scott as the general or Sellers as the President.

Saw Kingsman: Golden Circle

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it was still about 20 minutes too long and didn't give the main villain enough dialogue with the heroes. Having the actor from Narcos play the American but then having him be a Cowboy was weird. Having the main villain be American but in Cambodia was weird. They probably should've cut out the entire 'Angel' plotline and just introduced the villain set when the heroes arrived. I'd say all of the action scenes were great except for the one where they are flying through the air in some sort of ski lift. Halle Berry seemed miscast. John Denver seemed a bit out of place. There was some commentary on the drug war but they definitely missed their chance to capitalize on it.

C-

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started watching Bladerunner 2049, but I have two kids under 6, so I'll prolly finish it around 2049.

Really liked what I did see tho. Looks like it stayed pretty true to the original.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw The Shape of Water over the weekend. Obviously one of the best pictures of the year. An unusual relationship between a mute woman, played by Sally Hawkins, and a monster that was captured in South America by the government. Reminds you a little of King Kong at first, but goes way beyond that.
Actually it's a bit erotic in tone and actuality. A very unusual movie, with the best of all possible endings. A sure AA nomination for the pic and Sally Hawkins. Michael Shannon is great as always.

A

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Mayhem last night with the guy that played Glenn in The Walking Dead. I thought that it was a fun movie that was a lot like The Belko Experiment. Definitely worth checking out as a rental or on premium cable. 3.75 out of 5 stars.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard anyone talk about the guy in the Shape of Water being a clear ripoff of Abe in Hellboy, which del Toro also directed. Same actor, too.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard anyone talk about the guy in the Shape of Water being a clear ripoff of Abe in Hellboy, which del Toro also directed. Same actor, too.

Never saw Hellboy, so I can't comment.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL that's fuckin' hilarious. I wish someone had been recording it.

Punching out a car window can be done, but you have to make sure you're correctly throwing the punch (which most people don't know how to do) and be fairly strong. Good chance you're going fracture/break something or at the very list have some serious bone bruises. If you have to do it you should have some padding (like a balled up sweatshirt) unless your knuckles are muay thai quality.

Vince Vaughn is not that muscular/strong nor is his fist made of steel... so he in all likelihood would've probably failed after the first punch and broken his hand lol.

The foot used to be able to do the job. Or so I've heard. It's been a while since I've tried it, since I'm not a juvenile asshole with no respect for private property anymore.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. The National Treasure series is really good and underrated...I wanna see a 3rd one released!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the shape of water last night... I liked it but wasn't too impressed with it... it was more of a love story than I was expecting...

I do wonder why French music was playing throughout the movie... it was a cold war time piece that took place in Baltimore Maryland...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Shape of Water but I've seen both Hellboys quite a bit and watching the trailer of the Shape of Water made me wonder if it was in the same universe.

Anyways, finally got around to seeing The Founder.

Good movie. Keaton seems like an odd casting but it works out. Everything ties together and its a pretty typical success story where people get burned along the way just due to ambition. Does a good job of showing the benefits and costs of progress. Nothing out of the ordinary, though, and maybe even a tad bit dull.

B

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to see Molly's Game today. A very fast paced movie about a woman who creates a high stakes poker game and eventually winds up making millions just from tips. To keep it legal, she takes no cut from the bets.

Excellent performance by Jessica Chastain in the title role. This movie is not fiction. It really occurred in Los Angeles and New York. Good supporting performance by Idris Alba. Nothing boring here.

A-

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw John Wick Chapter 1 and 2 back-to-back.

It's like watching a 20hr video game condensed down to just action scenes. The first movie felt pretty traditional and the second movie took more risks and felt more influenced by Asian action movies.

It's almost comedic how often John Wick gets hit by a vehicle. Loved almost every character in both movies. Pretty much the only thing I didn't like was how shaky the cam was at the start of Chapter 2 and how quickly they cut some of the scenes. It's a much more interesting world than most action movies and thankfully it never stops to take itself too seriously.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Book of Love. 8/10

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally saw Star Wars. The beginning and the ending seemed very well directed, but I felt the middle lacked real direction. The thrill of seeing the Logo Star Wars and the opening music and credits still brings a thrill to me. The whole picture seems to be based around Luke Skywalker and what his intentions are regarding the rebellion. That's what kept it interesting to me. Had to keep waking the wife up.

B+ and I will see episode 9.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call Me By My Name. A very controversial movie about gay love. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but it held my attention through most of the movie. Timothy C. gives a great performance as the young boy who is smitten with the older professor, played almost equally as well by Armie Hammer. The movie was a little too long and could have survived an edit of about 15-20 minutes. The movie often seems very sweet and gently, but it's clearly R rated with a lit bit of nudity.

Not for everyone obviously, but still worth seeing. A-