• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Spy a few days ago. This Melissa McCarthy movie was probably her 2nd best movie in which she was the star, right behind The Heat. A much better movie than both Identity Theft & Tammy. There were plenty of laughs & a good supporting cast.

8/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gambler

Marky Mark did a great job in this movie. Not sure it was nomination-worthy (I know there was some talk for him at the time), but it did help to heal some of the damage he did to himself from The Happening. John Goodman was also very good here.

This movie was basically just Leaving Las Vegas, but with a bit more of a Hollywood ending.

The gambling scenes themselves just made me angry at the character and the film makers. He had no plan going in, so I didnt feel bad for him when he lost. It just made me mad that the movie was essentially a waste of time.

Ignoring the gambling scenes, though, there was some very good character development and a GREAT cinema-speech by John Goodman (almost made the movie worthwhile, all by itself).

Overall, the movie had some pretty serious flaws. But there were enough redeeming qualities that I feel OK recommending it.

6.5/10

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really need to give Jackie Brown another viewing. I dont think I have seen it since the theaters. And I usually like Tarentino movies better the second and third time around.

The Chris Tucker scene, where he was an employee Ordell had to "let go". The scene where Ordell comes after Jackie, "is that a gun pressed up against my dick?"...."is that your fingers around my neck?"...."you know I was just playin Jackie". Robert D being a dumb ex-prisoner who gets confused and finally blows his top. Ordell's different girls. Love that movie.

One of my favorite movie lines ever.

"AK-47, when you absolutely positively got to kill every mother fucker in the room, except no substitutes"

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched Murican Sniper the other night.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gambler

Marky Mark did a great job in this movie. Not sure it was nomination-worthy (I know there was some talk for him at the time), but it did help to heal some of the damage he did to himself from The Happening. John Goodman was also very good here.

This movie was basically just Leaving Las Vegas, but with a bit more of a Hollywood ending.

The gambling scenes themselves just made me angry at the character and the film makers. He had no plan going in, so I didnt feel bad for him when he lost. It just made me mad that the movie was essentially a waste of time.

Ignoring the gambling scenes, though, there was some very good character development and a GREAT cinema-speech by John Goodman (almost made the movie worthwhile, all by itself).

Overall, the movie had some pretty serious flaws. But there were enough redeeming qualities that I feel OK recommending it.

6.5/10

But it took about 5 hours after I saw it to get the image of John Goodman without a shirt out of my brain.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MV5BMTQ3MTk5MDQ0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTgwOTg2NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

I thought it was pretty awesome.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Imitation Game. A good film
I received the blu ray for birthday. Wow what a story, and the performances were outstanding. WWII code crackers, and the father of modern computing, and separate the carrots and peas. 9/10.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aliens. Unfortunately it was the director's cut from my box set.

The storyline doesn't need the settlers discovering the eggs. And it worked better without those sentry gun scenes.

Plus Bill Paxton says "Check it out" too many times.

Still a solid 8.5 out of 10 though.

So many great lines. "we're in the pipe, 5 by 5", "but it's a dry heat", "What are we supposed to use, harsh language?", "How does a guy get out of this chickenshit outfit?", etc.

Flat out love the movie.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw San Andreas today

was purty good if you are looking for some good CGI and action

plot line is nothing special but wasn't expecting much in that aspect

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nightcrawler

Decent enough movie. No eye-rolling moments, so that is a good thing. Not necusarily a movie I was blown away by, though.

6.5/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wick

Absolutely fucking stupid...

And I loved every second of it! A movie that you just have to turn your brain off at the opening credits, but the cast was fun and the action was non-stop.

6/10

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exodus; Gods and Kings

Almost as boring as the original.

I can't believe how discounted every actor was in that film. 30 minutes in I was in actually in pain listing to the dialog. I just could not watch it after 30 minutes.