• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone With the Wind: 0.5/5 stars. The first 40 minutes was decent, but the last 3 hours were terrible. I loathe the character that Vivien Leigh played, Scarlett O'Hare. Officially the most annoying character in a movie ever. Always whining, being self-conceited, and never knowing what she wants. I hate her.

It is interesting that the second half of the movie, which had nothing to do with the Civil War, was very similar to Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon (3.5/5 stars), except that Barry Lyndon was far better. They annunciated the relationship between the child and the father, and the estrangement between husband and wife was more relatable. The estrangement in GWTW was just Scarlett being an annoying bitch and not knowing what she wanted.

Terrible movie.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone With the Wind: 0.5/5 stars. The first 40 minutes was decent, but the last 3 hours were terrible. I loathe the character that Vivien Leigh played, Scarlett O'Hare. Officially the most annoying character in a movie ever. Always whining, being self-conceited, and never knowing what she wants. I hate her.

It is interesting that the second half of the movie, which had nothing to do with the Civil War, was very similar to Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon (3.5/5 stars), except that Barry Lyndon was far better. They annunciated the relationship between the child and the father, and the estrangement between husband and wife was more relatable. The estrangement in GWTW was just Scarlett being an annoying bitch and not knowing what she wanted.

Terrible movie.
I think I was arguing on here that Gone With The Wind didn't age well at all so I mostly agree with what you're saying. I watched it for the first time about 20 years ago as a rerelease in theaters and it was one of the most tiring experiences I've ever had in a movie theater.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was arguing on here that Gone With The Wind didn't age well at all so I mostly agree with what you're saying. I watched it for the first time about 20 years ago as a rerelease in theaters and it was one of the most tiring experiences I've ever had in a movie theater.
Honestly, I don't get how people can get past Scarlett. I wanted to strangle her for most of her screen time (which was the entire movie). Clark Gable's character was decent enough through the first hour; then even he turned annoying. Garbage.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terrible movie.
True. Actors were shitty back then. Drama all of the time and overacting 24/7. I have always been surprised that the likes of John Wayne and Clark Gable were even favored in movies. Todays' world would laugh at them attempting to act.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Split yesterday afternoon. It was better than I was thinking it would be. James McAvoy did a phenomenal job. Also enjoyed the cameo at the end. 3-3.5/5.

Bad Santa 2 - Wasn't expecting too much out of this but I definitely enjoyed it. It's one of those movies where if you liked the first movie, you'll enjoy this one. The end credits with the pictures are hilarious. 3.5/5

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird Science

There are several out there I will always watch. Harry and the Hendersons, Short Circuit, etc.

This one too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrival (2016)

I agree with the Contact & Interstellar comparisons. Definitely feel the vibes from both. Well-made but quite the stretch of the imagination when it comes to making sense of all of it. Some of the ending plotlines I just couldn't accept, and it definitely could have used some explanations to fill in the gaps. Still enjoyed it though even if the ending gave one helluva moral/ethical debate. Without giving anything away, I'll just say I side with the departed father. Good acting & decent story. Didn't find it to be the homerun that many told me it was.

6.5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird Science

There are several out there I will always watch. Harry and the Hendersons, Short Circuit, etc.

This one too.
:rip: Bill Paxton...

weird-science-gary-on-chet-loop-o.gif

Great movie!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glory: 4/5 stars. Great film that was somewhat let-down by a rather anti-climatic ending. Seriously, the set-up was freaking amazing, but when they got to the actual battle, it was largely poorly shot and unemotional. Damn, I was really hoping for an awesome final battle after such a fantastic climb, but oh well. GREAT turns from Broderick, Denzel, and Andre Braugher as the college-educated Thomas Searles.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan

Man, this movie was HYPED. Some said it's on par with The Dark Knight, in terms of being a transcendent superhero movie. Well, let me nip that in the bud: It is not on par with TDK. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't put Logan ahead of the other two Nolan movies. (And for the record, I'm not really a DC Universe fan.)What Logan is, however, is an impactful, rock-solid ending to the Logan and Xavier saga, which we've been following for over 15 years now.

8.5/10

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moonlight: 0.5/5 stars. Man, what unrivaled, pretentious, hot-steaming garbage this movie was. Did anyone else see it? It seriously sucked ass.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Did you see it?
It is a movie about black oppression. I don't need to see it to know it is thought provoking, beautiful and powerful.

And anyone who disagrees clearly has a KKK membership card occupying a prominent spot in their wallet.