• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Key to Mart's success?

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm one of the guys who has used the words prima donna when describing Mart, however, I'm accepting the fact that he is the qb for not just the foreseeable future, but for the next 2 seasons as well. It has nothing to do with Saturday's night comeback, it has to do with the fact that Bo wants him as the starting qb and that's that. With that in mind, we can continue to bash him, but I choose to try to figure out what is going on in Mart's head when he is being successful on the field. I don't think I'm covering new ground, maybe I'm just finally catching on.

What's going on in Mart's head when he is being successful? Nothing!! Mart is most successful when either the play is executed in such a way where in the first few seconds he runs or hands off or he throws the ball to a receiver who's wide open because the safeties are respecting the run. Even when he was checking down on Saturday night- that was pure emotion and set up by the play call. This may sound like a dis, but I think it's a good thing. Thank you Coach Beck.

And thank the fans of Husker Nation who were in the stadium. When David caused the turnover, Mart didn't think. He rode the emotion of the moment fueled by the fans and ran that ball for a td. The emotion rose and rose when Miller got hurt and SJB picked the ball off and Rex was just being Rex. Nowhere did I find any evidence of Mart thinking. I saw Mart just running the plays. Put Mart in a position to be successful. He is our qb.

The same emotions that made him an emotional wreck last week can be channeled for good. I want consistency from Mart. Keep it simple Sam- I mean Tim!

Okay- this isn't bringing any new revelations, just accepting the way things are.

For the record- I will not be piling on if there is any Wisconsin like performances from Mart the rest of this season. Short of injury, he is the starting qb.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Taylor several times hold himself back from throwing a deep ball...........I'm not just trying to stand up for Taylor, but I'm pretty sure he was determined to not make those mistakes again this week.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Magic played the best fucking 2nd half we've seen at QB in a long time.

This.

He was checking down, and he was running for the first down marker rather than the endzone. For the first time in Taylor's career, it looked like he didn't care whether or not he scored......he just wanted to find a way to win.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie-SHeen-wild-thing.jpg

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should play Wild Thing at all teh games naow

JJM, get yer huskervision friends on it.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, I'm one of the guys who has used the words prima donna when describing Mart, however, I'm accepting the fact that he is the qb for not just the foreseeable future, but for the next 2 seasons as well. It has nothing to do with Saturday's night comeback, it has to do with the fact that Bo wants him as the starting qb and that's that. With that in mind, we can continue to bash him, but I choose to try to figure out what is going on in Mart's head when he is being successful on the field. I don't think I'm covering new ground, maybe I'm just finally catching on.

What's going on in Mart's head when he is being successful? Nothing!! Mart is most successful when either the play is executed in such a way where in the first few seconds he runs or hands off or he throws the ball to a receiver who's wide open because the safeties are respecting the run. Even when he was checking down on Saturday night- that was pure emotion and set up by the play call. This may sound like a dis, but I think it's a good thing. Thank you Coach Beck.

And thank the fans of Husker Nation who were in the stadium. When David caused the turnover, Mart didn't think. He rode the emotion of the moment fueled by the fans and ran that ball for a td. The emotion rose and rose when Miller got hurt and SJB picked the ball off and Rex was just being Rex. Nowhere did I find any evidence of Mart thinking. I saw Mart just running the plays. Put Mart in a position to be successful. He is our qb.

The same emotions that made him an emotional wreck last week can be channeled for good. I want consistency from Mart. Keep it simple Sam- I mean Tim!

Okay- this isn't bringing any new revelations, just accepting the way things are.

For the record- I will not be piling on if there is any Wisconsin like performances from Mart the rest of this season. Short of injury, he is the starting qb.

I guess it works well for anyone who is playing any position, especially at QB to just play by instinct. When a player is thinking too much, they'll be much more likely to screw up.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so you are saying we need to use the force with him?
but not the dark side of the force?