• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The good news and the bad news

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
About playing detroit...

Good news:
1) we have home field advantage and maybe we'll actually defend it for the first time in franchise history (in playoffs).
2) Brennan Boesch is hurt. For some reason this guy always kills us, I think hes an average player at best, but he always does damage against us and hopefully we won't have to see him throughout the entire series.
3) Lineup should be easier to navigate then yankees, but not by much.

Bad news:
1) Can the rangers continue to win road playoff games in Comerica?
2) Verlander- Hopefully he doesn't become dominate again. I like our chances if we can score 4 runs off him.
3) Miguel Cabrera- Tough to pitch too every at bat

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
About playing detroit...

Good news:
1) we have home field advantage and maybe we'll actually defend it for the first time in franchise history (in playoffs).
2) Brennan Boesch is hurt. For some reason this guy always kills us, I think hes an average player at best, but he always does damage against us and hopefully we won't have to see him throughout the entire series.

Bad news:
2) Verlander- Hopefully he doesn't become dominate again. I like our chances if we can score 4 runs off him.
I wanted the Yankees. Why? Because we just don't do well at The Copa. I'd love to see us win the first 2 and maintain the HFA. Then if we could sneek one up there, . . .

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About playing detroit...

Good news:

Bad news:

We don't have to score 4 runs when C.J is on his game. I'm not scared of the Tigers and i'm not scared of Comerica. Bring on them Tigers!!!

MelonCabron

Bastardo Magnifico
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish I felt home field advantage was good news, but the Rangers haven't shown it yet...then again, they haven't done well of late in Detroit.

I'm not that freaked out by Verlander, though maybe I should be. I think after getting shut down by Moore in game 1, they'll actually be more loose this time around. And more loose having gotten over that first series hurdle.

And if the Ranger bats can get loose, there's not a pitcher in the game that can slow them.

The real question is C.J. and how he responds after his first game 1.

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you're right.... we have never defended homefield. This would be the perfect series to do it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year we had never won a playoff series, maybe this is the year we win a playoff series with HFA

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much easier than:

ARod - .111
Teixeira - .167
Swisher - .211

Though the rest of the team did play fairly well. That murderers row lineup just didn't pan out for them. Detroit is the better team, hence the Rangers have to play Detroit.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers will see Verlander twice, but have to beat him just once. He pitches like the Giants did last year in the playoffs. Fister is good, and so is Sherzer. We almost got lucky with NY pulling off the win. The Tigers will be tougher than any WS opponent will be, including the Phillies.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers will see Verlander twice, but have to beat him just once. He pitches like the Giants did last year in the playoffs. Fister is good, and so is Sherzer. We almost got lucky with NY pulling off the win. The Tigers will be tougher than any WS opponent will be, including the Phillies.

Whomever we are currently playing will ALWAYS be tougher than some "could be" team in the future.

And I'm still pulling for STL and AZ tonight.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's quite a compliment.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that because historically the Rangers have fared well against Halladay and Lee relative to how the rest of baseball has done. Plus the new Phillies park is much more of a hitters park than Comerica. (Philly may not get there, but were the best team over the course of the regular season)

Conversely, Verlander has been owning the Rangers long before his current Cy Young winning season. And Comerica has been a house of horrors for Texas with its expansive outfield and unusual dimensions. Throw in a closer who is 51 for 51 on save chances and you see where Im going. I expect a good series but Texas will have to figure out a way to beat Verlander in order to win the series.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that because historically the Rangers have fared well against Halladay and Lee relative to how the rest of baseball has done. Plus the new Phillies park is much more of a hitters park than Comerica. (Philly may not get there, but were the best team over the course of the regular season)

Conversely, Verlander has been owning the Rangers long before his current Cy Young winning season. And Comerica has been a house of horrors for Texas with its expansive outfield and unusual dimensions. Throw in a closer who is 51 for 51 on save chances and you see where Im going. I expect a good series but Texas will have to figure out a way to beat Verlander in order to win the series.

In multiple games this year the Texas bullpen has blown games in Detroit in the ninth innings. I feel much better about our current bullpen. This team can beat Detroit and doesn't need a miracle to do so. However, CJ has got to get back to his usual self.