• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The fix is in

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was very clear that Chase scored a touchdown on that play. he had control the entire time.

referees clearly trying to help the Bills narrative.
I immediately thought of this post when that happened

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no call on attempt to roll up Burrow's leg after the pass.

it's called the Kimo claus, refs.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys to relax, you have a top team. Have a sentimental attachment to Cincy, so am very happy for you guys. Great push and game.

:suds:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase scored - no question. 3 feet, a knee, and an ankle were down...then the ball came out....at what point is the WR allowed to finally give the ball up?

I didn't think the hit on Burrow was bad - Carman blocked him down, and he slid into Burrow - it was just an unfortunate play, but I don't think it was penalty worthy, IMO.

There was one play, though, I can't believe didn't get called - and that was late in the 4th quarter - the Bills brought a guy in motion who ended up running almost TOWARDS the LOS - like in Arena football/Canadian Football - no flag....you could not have missed the play - no chance. Drove me nuts for 3 plays how they didn't call that.

Lastly, but certainly not least - Joe. Muthafuckin'. Mixon. (with a MASSIVE assist from the OL)

I said before - the Bengals were going to have to run the ball at least competently to keep things moving and Buff off balance on defense - and Mixon, and the line, blew that up into an A+ game.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the Bengals team we all imagined. Joe and Lou..... What a sight.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - but Bills play more single high safety - which benefits Joe.

Though, they could try and go 2 high - but then that could hurt them in the medium passing zone where they may not be as strong. Dolphins had some success there despite having 3rd string QB. I'll take that matchup.

To me - it comes down to turning Allen over, not allowing Buff to be in 3rd and short often (like against Bmore), and having some semblance of a run game. Mixon doesn't have to go for 100+, but he's got to get 4.5 YPC or more. This offense can't be in 3rd and long.
Just going to repost this...since, it pretty much hit all points:

Allen didn't really turn it over, but he was rushed enough that he wasn't accurate. The pressure from the DB's was great...Hilton had 5 blitzes, and 4 pressures...that's amazing.

Kept them in 3rd and long.

Buff look like they tried to go double high safety - Burrow picked them a part underneath - and...that allowed the running game even more room - boy, I said they needed to be competent and that OL and Mixon came out and blew the lid off the game.

Not only did the defense do a great job, the offense just kept drives alive...I think they had 2 punts all night? 8 more minutes on TOP....you can't say enough good things about the OL and Mixon stepping up.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to repost this...since, it pretty much hit all points:

Allen didn't really turn it over, but he was rushed enough that he wasn't accurate. The pressure from the DB's was great...Hilton had 5 blitzes, and 4 pressures...that's amazing.

Kept them in 3rd and long.

Buff look like they tried to go double high safety - Burrow picked them a part underneath - and...that allowed the running game even more room - boy, I said they needed to be competent and that OL and Mixon came out and blew the lid off the game.

Not only did the defense do a great job, the offense just kept drives alive...I think they had 2 punts all night? 8 more minutes on TOP....you can't say enough good things about the OL and Mixon stepping up.
Just an amazing game plan on both sides of the ball for Cincinnati. They definitely out-coached the Bills. The Bills need to figure out something new with that offense - You could see the struggles against the Dolphins.... I knew Lou would fluster them, but to hold them to 10 points is just insane.

If the Bengals offense is going to be that efficient, I think they're the best team left.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an amazing game plan on both sides of the ball for Cincinnati. They definitely out-coached the Bills. The Bills need to figure out something new with that offense - You could see the struggles against the Dolphins.... I knew Lou would fluster them, but to hold them to 10 points is just insane.

If the Bengals offense is going to be that efficient, I think they're the best team left.
What Joe has done in a short amount of time - is accept the fact that the big play isn't going to always be there - and to take that medium route pass. Be OK with driving the field for points.

It's really hard for big play offenses to check that ego at the door. Burrow still struggles at times, but by and large - he's done a great job of just taking what is there and being OK with that. You see a lot of QB's with big arms struggle with that, and they've been in the league a lot longer than Joe.