• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles Documentary

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Hooplans think of the Eagles Documentary? There sure was a lot of turmoil within that group.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glenn Frey and Don Henley come across as arrogant and condescending. They give almost no credit to the other members that contributed so much to their success.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200_s.gif

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched part I, it's really good. I had no idea that Frey got his start with Bob Seger, and was from Detroit. Strange thing, since they were (basically) a country-rock band. There's a lot of really good footage from different stages of the band's development. Joe Walsh really did "live in hotels, tear out the walls" (or close enough).

Henley and Frey put a lot of pressure on the other members, but someone has to lead in a situation like that, and others will resent it (similar thing happened with Harrison vs McCartney/Lennon in the Beatles). In the end, they produced a lot of good songs. I passed on part II, but def recommend the first one.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Hooplans think of the Eagles Documentary? There sure was a lot of turmoil within that group.

It's like Timothy B. Schmit said. "every band is always on the verge of breaking up." Artists are like that I guess.

Glenn Frey and Don Henley come across as arrogant and condescending. They give almost no credit to the other members that contributed so much to their success.

I think they probably gave the credit that was deserved. How many times did they say that someone would bring them a little something, a riff, an opening line, an idea, that the person couldn't finish, and then Glenn and Don would put it together and POOF, make a song out of it. Even the other guys said as much.

I liked both parts of the Documentary. Have watched all of it several times.