• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dolphins Do Everything Wrong

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://deadspin.com/the-dolphins-do-everything-wrong-1787285539

Pretty much sums it up.

I think is was @psaboy who asked if it was time to admit that RT isn't going to cut it. I've decided I'm definitely on the "no" side of that argument after 4 weeks into this season. I just don't believe he has what it takes.

I'm sure this won't be a popular sentiment, but at this point every win is only going to be a hit to our draft prospects, so I say screw it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is something. He's big, strong and deceivingly athletic. He will make plays that make you think..."this kid is a gamer", but with all that, he is lacking the "it factor", something is just not there. He's like Cutler, minus the bountiful years of shit surroundings. He is just average, and I think he always will be. He's got the tools, just SOMETHING is missing.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pocket presence is his main issue. If it were good, he'd be a Top 10 NFL QB, because he wouldn't be throwing it under surprised duress and he'd be able to step up in the pocket more.

He was pretty good with the ball in 2014 and 2015, in terms of not turning it over.

Like I previously mentioned, he and Tom Brady are the only two QB's in the NFL who have:

Thrown for 4,000 yds AND have 24 or more passing TDs AND have 12 or less INTs in the past two seasons

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a Tanny fan, he may not make past this year. Think there is an out on his contract if they want. Problem is, then what??

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about them and I know a lot will change between now and then, but there are a few QB's projected to go early in the 2017 draft.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just thinking though. We know that in typical Dolphins fashion they will win just enough games to drop their draft pick to the 10-15 range where the best QB prospects will be gone.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is not the answer, nor has he ever been. I had high hopes coming into this season that Gase might elevate Tannys game, getting him to finally reach untapped potential. I might end up being wrong, but I don't believe that I am. Miami's troubles go considerably deeper than the QB position in my opinion. There is a very popular saying :those that do not learn from history are only doomed to repeat it..... well, the days of this franchise signing overpaid, over-hyped, aging veterans continue to plague this team..... along with ridiculously awful trades. The horrible trades that seem to almost always include the Dolphins bringing in at least 1 player that either has lost his ability to consistently make plays or arguably never had it to begin with. The bottom line, Tannebaum has not done Ross & the Miami fanbase any favors. Matt freakin Ryan should be throwing touchdowns for us, but caveman Parcels decided to go with a LT that might not even be playing any longer. Had we not traded for Jordan, we could have drafted a premier offensive lineman, passed on the contract given to Albert , & drafted a playmaker in this year's 1st rd instead of wasting it on Tunsil. My point is, this team CONTINUES to make horrible decisions that CONTINUE to effect any possible success. Tannebaum made a statement in preseason about how he thought THIS years team would 'beat the crap out of LAST year's team' - absolutely laughable. Until this franchise (Tannebaum) starts to build through the DRAFT instead of FREE AGENCY, Miami will continue down the path of MEDIOCRITY.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is not the answer, nor has he ever been. I had high hopes coming into this season that Gase might elevate Tannys game, getting him to finally reach untapped potential. I might end up being wrong, but I don't believe that I am. Miami's troubles go considerably deeper than the QB position in my opinion. There is a very popular saying :those that do not learn from history are only doomed to repeat it..... well, the days of this franchise signing overpaid, over-hyped, aging veterans continue to plague this team..... along with ridiculously awful trades. The horrible trades that seem to almost always include the Dolphins bringing in at least 1 player that either has lost his ability to consistently make plays or arguably never had it to begin with. The bottom line, Tannebaum has not done Ross & the Miami fanbase any favors. Matt freakin Ryan should be throwing touchdowns for us, but caveman Parcels decided to go with a LT that might not even be playing any longer. Had we not traded for Jordan, we could have drafted a premier offensive lineman, passed on the contract given to Albert , & drafted a playmaker in this year's 1st rd instead of wasting it on Tunsil. My point is, this team CONTINUES to make horrible decisions that CONTINUE to effect any possible success. Tannebaum made a statement in preseason about how he thought THIS years team would 'beat the crap out of LAST year's team' - absolutely laughable. Until this franchise (Tannebaum) starts to build through the DRAFT instead of FREE AGENCY, Miami will continue down the path of MEDIOCRITY.
Definitely valid points but we need to give Gase more time. On top of it they've been on the road against good teams with an atrocious schedule. We'll know more in November.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just thinking though. We know that in typical Dolphins fashion they will win just enough games to drop their draft pick to the 10-15 range where the best QB prospects will be gone.

Right now, Miami is dead last in 1st downs, 3rd downs, 3rd downs % made, and time of possession.
Bottom 10 defense in yards for passing and rushing.
I thought this team would improve but - name your next wins?????

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, Miami is dead last in 1st downs, 3rd downs, 3rd downs % made, and time of possession.
They've had absolutely no luck and have regressed. Too much change and injuries are killing them. Losing LT and then the replacement during warm ups takes the cake.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've had absolutely no luck and have regressed. Too much change and injuries are killing them. Losing LT and then the replacement during warm ups takes the cake.

Has to suck. Miami is much better than this.
I'm wondering if Gase is making all the decisions or if Marino and the front office committee are meddling?

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were saying?

This is what they do. Every year. They win just enough games to ensure they don't get a really good draft position and remain mired in mediocrity.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were saying?

This is what they do. Every year. They win just enough games to ensure they don't get a really good draft position and remain mired in mediocrity.
This actually told us a lot about the team. When the oline is healthy and they run the ball they can beat anyone. Even with a semi healthy oline they almost beat the hawks and pats. Gase has also shown that if you don't put in the effort you'll be benched or cut which will change the culture.

This year may be pooched but it at least gives us promise for the future and not ten years from now as it was looking like last week. I personally feel better that we're not that many pieces away but quality depth is probably the biggest problem right now.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were saying?

This was a really good win for Miami.
I don't kno3w but I'm thinking you are not a real Miami fan.
Really? You live in SoCal and you are a PA, KY, and DC fan?
You don't seem to like the Dolphins, so why are you here??????

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really an awesome win today. Very very impressed with how EVERYBODY played, outside of James.... & HE even seemed to get much better as the game wore on. Maxwell was truly excellent, as was Jay. Here's my concern : Every year (for what seems like, 20+ yrs now), Miami shows the ABILITY to really hang with the best teams in the NFL.... 2 yrs ago there were probably 4 games they SHOULD have won.....3 yrs ago same thing & remember Carpenter misses TWO separate game winning kicks.... last year was a bit different after firing the head coach 4 games into the season. But here we are THIS year, SHOULD have beaten Seattle, COULD have beaten NE, NEVER should have lost to Tennessee, absolutely THUMPED Pitt. This, is really where the Dolphins SHOULD rattle off a 4 or 5 game win streak. ANYONE truly believe that will happen? Man I hope so.... but if I know my Fins, they will turn rights around & get smoked by the Bills. Here's hoping things really HAVE changed in Miami. Gota finally start giving the loyal fans something to cheer about. Great performance Miami... I would love to see it continue....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really an awesome win today. Very very impressed with how EVERYBODY played, outside of James.... & HE even seemed to get much better as the game wore on. Maxwell was truly excellent, as was Jay. Here's my concern : Every year (for what seems like, 20+ yrs now), Miami shows the ABILITY to really hang with the best teams in the NFL.... 2 yrs ago there were probably 4 games they SHOULD have won.....3 yrs ago same thing & remember Carpenter misses TWO separate game winning kicks.... last year was a bit different after firing the head coach 4 games into the season. But here we are THIS year, SHOULD have beaten Seattle, COULD have beaten NE, NEVER should have lost to Tennessee, absolutely THUMPED Pitt. This, is really where the Dolphins SHOULD rattle off a 4 or 5 game win streak. ANYONE truly believe that will happen? Man I hope so.... but if I know my Fins, they will turn rights around & get smoked by the Bills. Here's hoping things really HAVE changed in Miami. Gota finally start giving the loyal fans something to cheer about. Great performance Miami... I would love to see it continue....

Not sure about NE, yea, it looked good in box score, but they got dominated for three quarters. But, if you are in position to tie game at end, then you do have a chance I guess.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a really good win for Miami.
I don't kno3w but I'm thinking you are not a real Miami fan.
Really? You live in SoCal and you are a PA, KY, and DC fan?
You don't seem to like the Dolphins, so why are you here??????

So I'm not allowed to be a fan yet be disgruntled? I have to drink the kool-aid and wear the aqua and orange sunglasses to be a fan?

Have you not seen what this team has done for the better part of the last 20 years?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm not allowed to be a fan yet be disgruntled? I have to drink the kool-aid and wear the aqua and orange sunglasses to be a fan?

Have you not seen what this team has done for the better part of the last 20 years?

I'm with ya, team has been crap since the early 90's. Vent all you want, I will listen and second the viable points

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To each his own.....