• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Breakdown: WV 86 The College of Charleston 57

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mountaineer Basketball Team improves its record tonight to 7-0 on this young season by beating The College of Charleston by 29 points. WV struggled a little in the first half as the defense failed to cover the open the 3 point shooter but still went into the break with a 38-29 lead. The 2nd half was a defensive clinic as the pressure heated up and created easy baskets off of turnovers. What is amazing about this squad is that every night it is somebody different stepping up. Tonight is was Jaysean Paige with 15 points while hitting 3-5 from behind the arc. Holton had his best game as a Mountaineer by scoring 21 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. His defense on top of the press may be the most underrated asset that he brings to this team. It is very difficult to navigate the press with Holton's wing span. I give C of C credit tonight as they only had 18 turnovers and that is fewer than any WV opponent this season.

Statistically what stands out to me tonight is WV getting 41 rebounds and 40 points in the paint. You won't lose many with those type of numbers. So, onward we go in pursuit of a great season. I think we certainly have the ability to do great things. We will find out how prepared this club is when we face LSU on 12/4. LSU is big on the inside so our pressure will have to have an effect on them to beat them. Have a great day Mountaineer fans wherever you are this evening!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this may be a special team, they are a Huggins style team. Excited for this season.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys use the link I provided? I watched the game doing so…

The 2nd half of future games will tell me a lot about how this season may turn out. The defensive pressure creates fatigue. Teams look beat before we even get to the 2nd TV timeout.

Good stuff!

Holton is a nice player…

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. BB, yes I did use the link. AWESOME! Hopefully we will get regular TV the rest of the way out. This link will be nice for the Marshall game.