• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The De'von Achane Dilemma

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like many here we drafted him on our team... many of us did not own Mostert...

so... what do you do with him now??

you looking to use him??

or tempt the Mostert owner with a bait offer??

what is he worth right now??

if you are a mostert owner, how much would you pay for him???
how about if you are not one... and you just want him

Last edited:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with that. Mostert is the #1 running back in fantasy right now so I'm not sure the Mostert owner really cares whether they have Achane or not if it's a redraft league. If it's dynasty then that's different because of their age differences. In dynasty I'm not sure I'd want to trade Achane at all since there's a chance neither Mostert or Wilson are there next year. It really depends on what else you have to put in your lineup and whether you need an upside play or a high floor. There might not be another player in football with more upside than Achane. I mean would you rather play Brian Robinson or Achane? Robinson has the much higher floor, but there's 0 chance he scores 50 in a week either.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like many here we drafted him on our team... many of us did not own Mostert...

you looking to use him??

As an Achane owner, I just say wait.
Mostert is 31 years old and has never played a whole season. (Averages about 9 games a season.)
Or point this out as leverage to the Mostert owner?
Maybe something like: imagine Mostert going down just before the fantasy playoffs. Sure would be great to have the insurance of Achane.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Achane owner, I just say wait.
Mostert is 31 years old and has never played a whole season. (Averages about 9 games a season.)
Or point this out as leverage to the Mostert owner?
Maybe something like: imagine Mostert going down just before the fantasy playoffs. Sure would be great to have the insurance of Achane.

Yet another reason to wait though.

Because you might be able to get a solid WR2 or RB3 if you deal him today.

But if you wait until inevitably Mostert gets an injury designation?

The price goes way way up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mostert's owners were smart they already have drafted better, more reliable RB's in case he goes down bc I know I did so Achane isn't a need.
Mostert owners, unless they have no depth, are comfortable right now.
Achane owners just need to be patient and have fun debating whether to start him or not.

In a league I own Mostert. I have Bijan, Kamara, Jamaal Williams and Pacheco. I am fine. No need for Achane. I got Mostert in the 10th round, he is a luxury at this point.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mostert's owners were smart they already have drafted better, more reliable RB's in case he goes down bc I know I did so Achane isn't a need.
Mostert owners, unless they have no depth, are comfortable right now.
Achane owners just need to be patient and have fun debating whether to start him or not.

In a league I own Mostert. I have Bijan, Kamara, Jamaal Williams and Pacheco. I am fine. No need for Achane. I got Mostert in the 10th round, he is a luxury at this point.

Good point.

And In many leagues Achane was drafted before mostert because they didn’t really announce a number one back. And everyone had an opinion about mostert already.

But my fear is that this week they play the bills. Who are a very good defense. If they contain the running game all together then Achane is going to lose all the buzz.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s going into my lineup immediately.

He is a boom bust player and you just have to live with it. Yes he is going to have a few games where he is going to only have 2 points. But there are games where he is going to break 20 again.

In case people weren’t paying attention, Achane had more touches in the 1sr half of the game than Mostert did. This wasn’t a case where he was just on the field because the Dolphins were up. This is a true timeshare. Achane is healthy now. He wasn’t healthy all preseason. He is a big part of their plan moving forward and will likely get more touches than Mostert the rest of the way.

In the first half of the game Achane had something like 7 red zone touches where Mostert had zero. This guy is a weapon. Hard not to be reminded of Chris Johnson right now.

Of course he is also going into my lineup in part because Big Mike Williams went down and I can’t feel comfortable starting Garrett Wilson anymore with Zach Wilson. So Achane will slide nicely into my flex position.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s going into my lineup immediately.

He is a boom bust player and you just have to live with it. Yes he is going to have a few games where he is going to only have 2 points. But there are games where he is going to break 20 again.

In case people weren’t paying attention, Achane had more touches in the 1sr half of the game than Mostert did. This wasn’t a case where he was just on the field because the Dolphins were up. This is a true timeshare. Achane is healthy now. He wasn’t healthy all preseason. He is a big part of their plan moving forward and will likely get more touches than Mostert the rest of the way.

In the first half of the game Achane had something like 7 red zone touches where Mostert had zero. This guy is a weapon. Hard not to be reminded of Chris Johnson right now.

Of course he is also going into my lineup in part because Big Mike Williams went down and I can’t feel comfortable starting Garrett Wilson anymore with Zach Wilson. So Achane will slide nicely into my flex position.

Be careful. I do think the lack of waddle last week was also a significant reason for the Achane usage. Losing a big play guy like that is fine if you replace him with another big play guy. If waddle is back I don’t know if they can really get Achane that many touches. Although he can do a lot with not many touches.

I do think the dolphins still see mostert as the better pure runner.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong. They had the same touches 1st half. 9 to 9.

Their first half stats was 65 yards for Mostert and 78 yards with 2 td’s for Achane. And Achane also had a TD nullified by a penalty in the first half (He did score again later in that drive).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing y'all need to keep in mind when going nuts forecasting him, or Mostert... the Broncos gave up, quit, and quit EARLY pure and simple. Wouldn't be getting overly excited

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you looking to use him??

Loved Mostert coming into this season and still do.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you looking to use him??

If I have Achane - I dangle him to the Mostert owner. As his value will likely never be higher and the Mostert owner could be a little trigger happy to get that done.

Even if Mostert goes down, you're still looking at Achane splitting time with Jeff Wilson. That backfield is a committee. Achane will likely be remembered as a guy who went off for ONE big week and then sort of faded into the fantasy backdrop. Unless injuries force him into a featured role, somehow.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have Achane - I dangle him to the Mostert owner. As his value will likely never be higher and the Mostert owner could be a little trigger happy to get that done.

Even if Mostert goes down, you're still looking at Achane splitting time with Jeff Wilson. That backfield is a committee. Achane will likely be remembered as a guy who went off for ONE big week and then sort of faded into the fantasy backdrop. Unless injuries force him into a featured role, somehow.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostert is 31 and has played 27 games in 3 years (out of a possible 49 - not including 2023).
Wilson is 28 and has played 37 games (and is currently hurt).
Ahmed is 24 and has played 30 games.

Mostert is off to a great start and I can't see them not riding him until he isnt.
None of these guys have proven they can last a whole season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shocked Saturday Night Live GIF