• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Daily Thread: blue jays 17 1/2 games back

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm never blaming affleck for daredevil. who is daredevil? he's not batman or wolverine.

ben affleck + daredevil = ben dover

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I actually really like Affleck as a director, but as an actor notsomuch. Thought he had retired from the acting side, but I guess if they were willing to give Bale $50M to reprise the role, they made him the ol' offer he couldn't refuse.

I still haven't forgiven him for abortion that was Daredevil.

We survived Val Kilmer and George Clooney. We can survive Ben Affleck

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm never blaming affleck for daredevil. who is daredevil? he's not batman or wolverine.

ben affleck + daredevil = ben dover

Funny that the best issues of each character's comic book story-line were written by Frank Miller.

And now each is going to be made into a caricature by Ben Affleck.

Full circle!

:L

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you all suck for having days off.

i'm going to try to leave early today if i can avoid con calls...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am unemployable. Last time in my life where I really answered to anyone or kept any sort of schedule was in 2001 when I had a contract with a chain of retail stores in Tenn. They loved me because I did what I said I'd do and did it on time and better than anyone else. The District Mgr. basically gave me a blank check every month and let him pay myself. And trust me, I paid myself well! Being the bright individual I am, I got the idea that I could make things even better than working only from 6-9am about 4 mornings a week. How? By subbing out the work and just overseeing it. My competitor heard about it when the store managers began complaining to him about the drop in the quality of work, he swooped in, made an offer to take over my district and I was fired at the corporate level.

That was a bitter pill to swallow. Fortunately the district guy liked me and gave me 90 days notice, plus they were 120 days out on paying me so I had a ton of backpay coming. That was my cue to move to California and get something else going. Worked out well but I sure miss that easy money. I'd be driving home from work while all the other slobs were going to work and I had the rest of my day free, which I then proceeded to waste on pr0n and video games. :D

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am a huge fan, but, I was shocked to learn today that Richie Sambora is leaving Bon Jovi.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of adding insult to injury, how about just adding more injury to injury?

DOH!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he refused the offer... :noidea:

Must be nice to have so much dough a mil means nothing to you

You have to love Rickey Henderson.
In an interview with Mike and Mike on ESPN radio, he shoots down a couple of preposterous stories circulating about him, but also steps up and confirms some outrageous ones.
Like yes, he did once fall asleep with an ice pack on, for an ankle injury, and missed three games with frostbite.
But the best one is that Henderson did indeed once receive a million-dollar check from the Oakland A's and, rather than cash it, framed it and hung it on his wall.
"When you're a kid, you want to be a millionaire," said Henderson, who apparently wasn't clear on the concept that the money needs to be in the bank to achieve millionaire status.
When the check didn't clear, the A's phoned, asked him to cash it, and suggested he display a photocopy instead

Just more of Ricky being Ricky.......

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox had the day off.. I guess the pats thought they did as well.. On the bright side tebow didn't play..

From this side that was an enjoyable football game. I work 4 ten hour shifts, so I have a 3 day weekend every week. Has anybody seen my pants, I think I left them in here yesterday?