• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Culprit May Be My ADHD

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But does anyone have a hard time sitting through a 2 hour movie, no matter how good it is? I simply cannot do it. I have to watch 45 minutes, wait, watch a little more, and hopefully I finish it on the second try. Even with 50 minute long TV shows, I have to break it in half. My attention span probably isn't the same as most of you guys due to my disorder, but I was just wondering if anyone else has to do this? It's pretty annoying

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66ab5299fa344d938691adb2970afc7f.jpg

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposite.

I get annoyed if I'm watching a good movie or sporting event and something/someone interrupts me. Phone rings? Voicemail's got this. Dogs need to go out? Ignore them so they go bug the wife. Wife has some stupid Facebook video she wants to show me? Pretend I'm paying attention to prevent further delays due to a disgruntled wife that wants to express her irritation and so her legs aren't closed for business later.

I like watching hockey more than any other sport for several reasons - one being less commercial breaks.

I actually spliced Kill Bill 1 & 2 into a single digital file so I don't get bothered with an intermission.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But does anyone have a hard time sitting through a 2 hour movie, no matter how good it is? I simply cannot do it. I have to watch 45 minutes, wait, watch a little more, and hopefully I finish it on the second try. Even with 50 minute long TV shows, I have to break it in half. My attention span probably isn't the same as most of you guys due to my disorder, but I was just wondering if anyone else has to do this? It's pretty annoying

I have ADD, but i can make it through a GOOD movie for 2-3 hours. Bad movie? Nah i get up and do something else. Is it because you need a smoke break? What do you do after 45 minutes in?

I have a buddy that has ADHD bad going anywhere with him is a hot mess especially when alcohol is involved. Guy leaves his keys, wallet, jacket, whatever...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your review of Godfather makes more sense now.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have ADD, but i can make it through a GOOD movie for 2-3 hours. Bad movie? Nah i get up and do something else. Is it because you need a smoke break? What do you do after 45 minutes in?

I have a buddy that has ADHD bad going anywhere with him is a hot mess especially when alcohol is involved. Guy leaves his keys, wallet, jacket, whatever...
No, typically I don't smoke, as I'm mainly a dipping motherfucker.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposite.

I get annoyed if I'm watching a good movie or sporting event and something/someone interrupts me. Phone rings? Voicemail's got this. Dogs need to go out? Ignore them so they go bug the wife. Wife has some stupid Facebook video she wants to show me? Pretend I'm paying attention to prevent further delays due to a disgruntled wife that wants to express her irritation and so her legs aren't closed for business later.

I like watching hockey more than any other sport for several reasons - one being less commercial breaks.

I actually spliced Kill Bill 1 & 2 into a single digital file so I don't get bothered with an intermission.
I envy you so much you don't even understand, as I love film and would love to watch it as it is meant to be viewed. The only time I can ever get close to watching a movie straight through is if it's in the morning (8 AM) and I just took my medicine. Otherwise, I can't do it. This has only developed in the past 5 years of my life (I'm 19), while all other ADHD symptoms have been present basically my whole life. It's weird, but I seriously hate it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I say that I wait, I may be talking a day or two, not 30 minutes

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear Omar, I wasn't trying to be a dickhole with my comment above. Long movies that lack a breakneck pace are going to be rough for you with your condition.

I guess maybe I'd say, go ahead and watch the shows however you have to watch them. But just try to be patient with payoffs. You're a big fan of 'The Wire,' and that show was G-L-A-C-I-A-L-L-Y slow at first.

Maybe think of movies like Godfather in those terms, is the wait worth the payoff?

Might change your perception a little bit.

But yeah, glad I don't have that cross to bear.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear Omar, I wasn't trying to be a dickhole with my comment above. Long movies that lack a breakneck pace are going to be rough for you with your condition.

I guess maybe I'd say, go ahead and watch the shows however you have to watch them. But just try to be patient with payoffs. You're a big fan of 'The Wire,' and that show was G-L-A-C-I-A-L-L-Y slow at first.

Maybe think of movies like Godfather in those terms, is the wait worth the payoff?

Might change your perception a little bit.

But yeah, glad I don't have that cross to bear.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I envy you so much you don't even understand, as I love film and would love to watch it as it is meant to be viewed. The only time I can ever get close to watching a movie straight through is if it's in the morning (8 AM) and I just took my medicine. Otherwise, I can't do it. This has only developed in the past 5 years of my life (I'm 19), while all other ADHD symptoms have been present basically my whole life. It's weird, but I seriously hate it.

1*sx34-13HJmjcJ7JAsKeLNA.jpeg