• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Busch Clash .... errr, ummm.... Sprint unlimited is tonight

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Busch doesn't take the half the field out like he did yesterday in practice.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Race coverage starts @ 7:30 and the green flag flies @ 8:29 (WTF).

Three things to watch

1 . While he didn’t make the Chase last season Kyle Busch was one of the best performing drivers in the final 10 races. He also won this race a year ago.

2 . Fans play a big role in Saturday night’s race – voting will continue until race time on whether pit stops will be utilized in the event and whether any cars will be eliminated.

3 . This could well be Mark Martin’s final Unlimited race at Daytona. He has one win in the event, coming in 1999.

Observations

• I’m all for fan involvement in NASCAR but it’s kind of hard to promote a race like the Sprint Unlimited when almost all of the details – race length, starting lineup and various other rules – are not determined until the day of the event. It must be even harder for competitors to prepare. Perhaps, though, that was NASCAR’s intent. There’s nothing more unpredictable than something thrown together at the last minute.

• We should get a pretty good idea of what kind of racing the new model Sprint Cup Series cars will produce in next week’s Daytona 500 from Saturday night’s race. There are enough laps in the three segments where it will soon become clear whether any form of bump-drafting will be used and how well the cars run together in a pack.

• Several good talented young drivers get a chance to shine at Daytona Saturday in the Automobile Racing Club of America series season opener. Several, including Kyle Larson, Darrell Wallace Jr. and Brennan Newberry, plan to be around next week for the NASCAR season openers in Trucks and Nationwide.

Utter’s best bet

Look for a Kyle Busch repeat. He likes to go fast in a very short period of time.

Read more here: Raceday: Your guide to Saturday's Sprint Unlimited at Daytona | www.thatsracin.com

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nascar and Supercross both on tonight?!?!! :dance:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wave: Kyle, Johnson, and Gordon. :pound:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Do you do facebook?

If you do, we have a little group of race fans that chat it up during the races. The group is called Infield Inmates. You're more than welcome to join us. Keep in mind this is a group of my friends and family, including my mother. Know what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Do you do facebook?

If you do, we have a little group of race fans that chat it up during the races. The group is called Infield Inmates. You're more than welcome to join us. Keep in mind this is a group of my friends and family, including my mother. Know what I mean?

LOL. I may have to check it out.

Michael Waltrip as an announcer gives me a huge headache.

:agree:

29 baby!!! Qualifying tomorrow!

Congrats. :clap: