• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns next QB?

BambinoBear

The longer the title the less important the job.
Hoopla Cash
$ 236.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona will have a 26 year old freshman quarterback on its roster this season — one who was a top pick in the MLB draft all of eight years ago. Donavan Tate was the No. 3 overall pick in the baseball draft 2009 by the San Diego Padres. The Cartersville, Ga., product came off the board two picks behind pitching wunderkind Stephen Strasburgto the Nationals. Tate didn’t just never make the majors; he never made it to DoubleA ball, posting a career .652 OPS in the minor leagues and fizzling out. He served a 50game drug suspension in 2011 and played his last minor league game in 2016. By that time, his career was longstalled. Tate was a prodigious athlete coming out of high school, and he’s now trying his hand at something different. Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez announced Wednesday that the Wildcats would add Tate at quarterback. He’ll enter school as one of the oldest players in college football and will have a full slate of NCAA eligibility. He just can’t play baseball, because he’s already turned professional on the diamond. An interesting angle to this for Arizona: Because of Tate’s agreement with the Padres eight years ago, it apparently won’t cost Rodriguez a scholarship to put him on the team. Tate’s draft year included a ton of busts at the top, with every top five pick except Strasburg failing to make much of a mark. 2009 was the Mike Trout year, when the Angels picked the world’s best baseball player 25th overall. Tate was a football player in high school, and his physical ability wowed scouts. "I remember I went to watch him play football one time,” his baseball area scout told MLB.com a couple of years ago. “He was like a man among boys. He was a water bug out there. ... No one could tackle him. The bottom line was he was the best athlete in the country that year ... hands down."

Source

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona will have a 26 year old freshman quarterback on its roster this season — one who was a top pick in the MLB draft all of eight years ago. Donavan Tate was the No. 3 overall pick in the baseball draft 2009 by the San Diego Padres. The Cartersville, Ga., product came off the board two picks behind pitching wunderkind Stephen Strasburgto the Nationals. Tate didn’t just never make the majors; he never made it to DoubleA ball, posting a career .652 OPS in the minor leagues and fizzling out. He served a 50game drug suspension in 2011 and played his last minor league game in 2016. By that time, his career was longstalled. Tate was a prodigious athlete coming out of high school, and he’s now trying his hand at something different. Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez announced Wednesday that the Wildcats would add Tate at quarterback. He’ll enter school as one of the oldest players in college football and will have a full slate of NCAA eligibility. He just can’t play baseball, because he’s already turned professional on the diamond. An interesting angle to this for Arizona: Because of Tate’s agreement with the Padres eight years ago, it apparently won’t cost Rodriguez a scholarship to put him on the team. Tate’s draft year included a ton of busts at the top, with every top five pick except Strasburg failing to make much of a mark. 2009 was the Mike Trout year, when the Angels picked the world’s best baseball player 25th overall. Tate was a football player in high school, and his physical ability wowed scouts. "I remember I went to watch him play football one time,” his baseball area scout told MLB.com a couple of years ago. “He was like a man among boys. He was a water bug out there. ... No one could tackle him. The bottom line was he was the best athlete in the country that year ... hands down."

Source
Paragraphs are your friend!!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy looks too old to play QBMV5BMTkyNzUxMTMwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ1Mzc1MQ@@._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Source
interesting story.

those guys never work out. see weeeden, henson, etc.

BambinoBear

The longer the title the less important the job.
Hoopla Cash
$ 236.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settles what???
Well when I quoted you you just said nope. I see you added more. Settles that you don't care to fix it and neither do I. And I still don't care to fix it. Click on the link if you want paragraphs.