• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Better Team Lost Today

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it but the denial is from seeing we have talent finally but realizing the coaches don't know what the fuck they are doing.
We won't need a 2-3 year project to rise back up the next coach will turn it around and work his magic instantly.

but the best team wasn't us.... but that fire and passion I see is the result of being fed up with this big game bs. The players are playing scared under Bo

great example is usc... when lane was there they looked lost now the look dangerous and are having fun.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Yeah, our defense did play out of their minds today. And yet again, with this staff, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Great defense--the offense implodes.

When ISU beat Nebraska in '09, no excuses then 8 or 9 turnovers and Watson got all the blame. THIS loss is solely on Becks shoulders.

For a decade and a half ours is a team that cannot paly through any kind of adversity. Mental mistakes? We used to be able to re-group at halftime and come out an win. No mas. Physical injuries? When Frazier went down and Berringer stepped in we didn't miss a beat and Berringer wasn't really a triple option QB. No mas.

Mental toughness/Emotional toughness/Physical toughness are a triumverate of learning processes that again for a decade and a half, as a team, we have not been able to deploy all three at the same time. That's why we lose....that's why we lost yesterday.

You have every right to believe that the better team lost yesterday. I for one, am tired of the fucking excuses. This team lost because of the staff....period and what it lacks in coaching skills. And until we get a coaching staff that teaches toughness on all three levels, we will not be Nebraska.

GBR

exactly :agree:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
noone is going to win a game when they turn the ball over 3 times in the first 10 minutes of the game. I hate to always be the Coach apologist all the time but coaching has absolutely nothing to do with 5 fucking turnovers NOT A FUCKING THING. You cant coach hold on to the fuckin ball.The game plan worked and we moved the ball at will against the best dambed defense that ever took the field. The D played well until they were exhausted and we turned the fuckin ball over 5 dam times two times within 10 yards of the goaline.

Turnovers and a beat to shit offense cost us this game. If a coach gets fired so be it but this loss is completely without a fuckin doubt on the team NOT the coaches wake the fuck up
-------
Gotta disagree here. Turnovers can be made by defensive players, and yet turnovers can also be a lack of mental discipline. This time around we had five. And the mental discipline DOES come from the coaching staff and not what the players are doing on the field. You can coach to protect the ball and hold onto the ball in the right way. If you don't do that, your risk for turnovers increases.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, is anyone else excited for this defense in the coming years. THose young guys, Mcmullen, Moss, Curry, Valentine, etc look damn good and were stepping up big time in this game.

-------

I am but not with the current staff.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was game 10.

The defense didn't "get it together" until game 8.

Using his own standards on the Black-Shirts, Bo Pelini defenses have never played like a unit (executed) until well into the season.

It's a Pelini trend since 2008.

After 6 years of the same 'systematic' problems, why would anyone think that year 7 would be any different?

The defense needs to be ready to go week 1, (week 2 at the latest). It's what March/April and August are for.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree NU has better players. Just not a better team.

Exactly. You can have the best players in the nation but if they don't play as a team it does no good. And also doesn't that fall back to coaching and everyone doing their part on the field??

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Saban, but I love what he said.

"We don't focus on winning, we focus everyone doing their job on the field."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You can have the best players in the nation but if they don't play as a team it does no good. And also doesn't that fall back to coaching and everyone doing their part on the field??

That is the way I see it Shane.

It's up to the HC and his coordinators to put all the pieces together.

This isn't an anomaly. It's a trend.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand turnovers make a huge difference but I think MSU's top ranked defense had more to do with it than Nebraska having an off day.

Team MSU Nebraska
Total Yards 361 392
Passing 193 210
Rushing 168 182

Do you see those yards? We put almost 400 yards on that top ranked defense. This top ranked defense that we clearly showed was not is your argument for the turnovers? Did this top ranked defense also cause Armstrong the three turnovers in each of two other games previously also?

Armstrong is turnover prone and that is a weakness of our young team. So yes I will agree with you MSU was the better team because of this one weakness on our part. But please please please don't say it was because of their over rated defense.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I will run along. But I will leave you with this.
FkMANsP.jpg
-------
First of all I acknowledge that ESPN is suckinng off both teats of the SEC. But step back a minute and look at what happened with another team last night.

Said team is still on scholarshop probation (I believe). Said team is not ranked (maybe nest week?). Said team had it's HC fired a month and a h aaf ago. Said team just beat the #4/#5 ranked team.

A show of hands if this exact same map would look as miserable for USC as it does for Nebraska. We have been stuck in a morass of coaching ineptitude for about 15 years. THAT'S why that stupid map showed all the red and very little blue.

If we had better conditioning coaches, we might have won. If we had assistants that were better at coaching fundamental/technique, we might have won. If we had a staff that collective could adjust game plans throughout a game, we might have won. If we had a HC that truly knew what he was doing, we might have won.

But now it's no longer just Nebraksa fans that are aware of these seemingly endless problems that have bee affecting us for a decade and a half. That's why there was so much blue on that map to and including our own state.

If you're going to say we had the "better team yesterday" then you have to start at the top and that is where we are failing. If our team is like the engine of the car, we have the proper cylinders, we just lack the proper drivers.

It's like owning the best racing car in the world and then hiring a blind man to drive it and constantly scratching your head in wonder as to why you never win a race.

We had the better players yesterday, we did not have the better team because the better team starts with the coaching staff.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: THAT'S why that stupid map showed all the red and very little blue.

I should have said: "that's why that stupid map showed all the blue and very little red

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is still a Top College Football Program.

They just don't play like it.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why everyone is getting so upset, he is an Arizona Wildcat fan. They didn't even score on us in the Holiday bowl.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that defines a program then you are correct. I'm just not sure if those alone would define a program.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that defines a program then you are correct. I'm just not sure if those alone would define a program.

They don't. Thus me saying they "don't play like it".

If Nebraska were losing 2 less games a year (11-2), (12-1) or (12-2) and weren't losing in embarrassing fashion, there wouldn't even be the poll posed by Disney.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention MSU is ranked and you're not. So how exactly did the "better team" lose?

Penn state vs Miami 87? 88? National title game....Look it up, edumacate yourself

If you believe Penn State was the better team you are a moron

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Disney needs to stick with their gay rights parades and keep their genitals away from polls aimed at bashing our program.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney needs to stick with their gay rights parades and keep their genitals away from polls aimed at bashing our program.
-------
Not so sure it was a deliberate attempt to bash. I agree with RA. We have everything in place to be an elite program EXCEPT the coachingn staff. And maybe that poll is merely showing that?