• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Better Team Lost Today

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooler heads Sunday...Better than What?

top teams are Championship-capable...

A lot of schools have a winning tradition, history, perennially devoted fan bases, excellent facilities, supportive administrations, recruiting allure, blah blah...
which...
all means jack shit without a great coaching staff.

Michigan State is not a 'top team' this year...
just a 9-1/6-0 B1G contender for a BCS slot.
I could care less who thinks who's better or not.

go green!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top teams are Championship-capable...

A lot of schools have a winning tradition, history, perennially devoted fan bases, excellent facilities, supportive administrations, recruiting allure, blah blah...
which...
all means jack shit without a great coaching staff.

Michigan State is not a 'top team' this year...
just a 9-1/6-0 B1G contender for a BCS slot.
I could care less who thinks who's better or not.

go green!

I understand this very well, me angry in fact, we have to sit and watch it unfold year after year, more angry now

Yalls kick our ass, end of story :suds:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I understand this very well, me angry in fact, we have to sit and watch it unfold year after year, more angry now

Yalls kick our ass, end of story :suds:

Pelini and a few of his staff members kicked our ass. I would like to add that I think MSU does have a good team.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To the bonehead from Arizona who thinks MSU has a better team than Nebraska. Take a look at the comparison of Kansas and Oklahoma of 1975...
Kansas Historical Scores
Oklahoma Historical Scores

Using your logic, Kansas was the better team than Oklahoma was, because Kansas beat Oklahoma 23-3 after OU fumbled half a dozen times in their game.

OU ended up with an 11-1 record and a national title. Kansas final record was 7-5.

Kansas just played better than OU on the day they played them.

Did I smarten you up a bit? :L:L:L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the bonehead from Arizona who thinks MSU has a better team than Nebraska. Take a look at the comparison of Kansas and Oklahoma of 1975...
Kansas Historical Scores
Oklahoma Historical Scores

Using your logic, Kansas was the better team than Oklahoma was, because Kansas beat Oklahoma 23-3 after OU fumbled half a dozen times in their game.

OU ended up with an 11-1 record and a national title. Kansas final record was 7-5.

Kansas just played better than OU on the day they played them.

But MSU (9-1) is not Kansas (7-5)

and

Nebraska (7-3) is not Oklahoma (11-1)

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But MSU (9-1) is not Kansas (7-5)

and

Nebraska (7-3) is not Oklahoma (11-1)

Well Goddamn it, that's beside the point. What you are saying then is that this thread is irrelevant?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Goddamn it, that's beside the point. What you are saying then is that this thread is irrelevant?

I think your scenario would have been more relevant if MSU had the 5 turnovers and Nebraska won.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think your scenario would have been more relevant if MSU had the 5 turnovers and Nebraska won.

My whole point was that a team can fumble stumble and lose even though they are the better team.

So you think Nebraska would have lost even if they had not fumbled at all yesterday? :L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My whole point was that a team can fumble stumble and lose even though they are the better team.

So you think Nebraska would have lost even if they had not fumbled at all yesterday? :L

I don't doubt they'd have had a better chance. But turnover discipline is a part of both teams. You want to ignore a part of the game that Nebraska is notorious for.

I do know this

Turnover Margin

Michigan St: 7th
Nebraska:....106th

That stat wasn't created yesterday.

Michigan St has been the better disciplined team this year by a long shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska hadn't given up 38 unanswered points against UCLA, they would have won.

amirite?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Nebraska hadn't given up 38 unanswered points against UCLA, they would have won.

amirite?

What the fuck are you talking about? I was comparing Nebraska's game yesterday with what happened to OU back in 1975.

If UCLA hadn't turned the ball over early in that game, they would have won even more convincingly.

You see, I can turn that around also.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't doubt they'd have had a better chance. But turnover discipline is a part of both teams. You want to ignore a part of the game that Nebraska is notorious for.

I do know this

Turnover Margin

Michigan St: 7th
Nebraska:....106th

That stat wasn't created yesterday.

Michigan St has been the better disciplined team this year by a long shot.

Is MSU the only team that has been more disciplined? Evidently there is over 100 teams that have been more disciplined this year. Again, I was making a point and you're trying to throw my point under a bus, so to speak.

You know what, I hope Pelini stays at Nebraska for decades to come!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is MSU the only team that has been more disciplined? Evidently there is over 100 teams that have been more disciplined this year. Again, I was making a point and you're trying to throw my point under a bus, so to speak.

You know what, I hope Pelini stays at Nebraska for decades to come!

LMAO!!!

I'm just saying the better team won yesterday. Was Nebraska better in some aspects of the game? Sure.

As Bo used to say when folks were critical about the defense giving up big yardage... "What matters is what's on the scoreboard".

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO!!!

I'm just saying the better team won yesterday. Was Nebraska better in some aspects of the game? Sure.

As Bo used to say when folks were critical about the defense giving up big yardage... "What matters is what's on the scoreboard".

UCLA is the better team than Nebraska is. MSU played error free pretty much, they weren't the best team on our field yesterday, they just played better and coached better. If both teams had zero turnovers, I have no doubt Nebraska would have won, and won by 10 or more points.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd most guarantee that a bettor deciding who to take in that game yesterday took turnover margin under consideration.

I certainly did when I took MSU in my Pickem's for 6 points

I seriously don't know what to think. There's too many "if's" everywhere.

I don't think this game is close one way or the other, and I don't like the Unders.

Somebody wins by double digits IMO.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/3994710-post241.html

Part of those "ifs" were turnovers.

Not only did someone win by double digits, they blew the Unders outta the water.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA is the better team than Nebraska is. MSU played error free pretty much, they weren't the best team on our field yesterday, they just played better and coached better. If both teams had zero turnovers, I have no doubt Nebraska would have won, and won by 10 or more points.

But Nebraska was turnover prone going in. They didn't become turnover prone yesterday. It's how they roll.