• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The bbwvfan Breakdown: Texas 66 WVU 49

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU sucked!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just all around ugly, can't think of one positive.

Next year I expect big things from this team. They should have major upgrades on the inside and one of the best backcourts in the nation.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a worse played WVU game in my life.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is indeed the case BBW...I ask the question again...how long do you keep paying the Basketball coach 2.5 million per season.....a lot of money for failure..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think this is telling...........

WVU lost its first game of its conference tournament for the fourth consecutive year

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only stat that needs to be considered is the following:

14 pts in the first half.

Nuff said! :doh:

My nephews middle school scored more points than that in the first 6 minutes. Pa-The- TIC!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is indeed the case BBW...I ask the question again...how long do you keep paying the Basketball coach 2.5 million per season.....a lot of money for failure..

I am going to say one more year....this team needed help on the inside. They are young and if they develope over the offeseason we could be in for a real nice season next year. If it goes flat then it might be the end of the road. I will say that was one of the most unprepared teams I have seen him put on the floor last night, no one seemed into that game from staff to players.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with DC. I think we wait until next year to see what these kids can do.

I could not believe the kids struggled with Texas' 2-3 zone like they did.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with DC. I think we wait until next year to see what these kids can do.

I could not believe the kids struggled with Texas' 2-3 zone like they did.

Huggins should have HIS guys as well as depth ALREADY in the program...it ain't like he just got here....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggins should have HIS guys as well as depth ALREADY in the program...it ain't like he just got here....

This only counts if you had no previous ties to WV! :yahoo::rockon:

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an embarrassment to the program and to the university. I said going in, Texas was the worst draw of the tourney for us and you saw why. They had length, size, and speed. Harris can't play when people get up in his grill--not big enough to get his shot off when he wants to. We had nothing inside offensively or defensively. We stood on the offensive end of the floor a lot and we never attacked the basket.

Any other Coach but Huggins, would probably be looking for a job this morning. Huggins has one more year to produce a quality team and 2015 should be that year. I cringe when I look at the people taking up space on the bench pretending to be assts. coaches. All they do is draw a paycheck and clap. This program needs a recruiter, a person that can go out there and sell it. For the last 5-6 years, we ain't selling it very well.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, WVU hit the panic button on Thursday night… plain and simple. The team knows they cannot guard any opponent with a pulse… so, they have to be productive on offense. If not, there is no way they can keep up.

Texas came into the WVU contest shooting under 40% in 3 out of their last 4 games. Of course, they come out smoking hot against WVU… shooting over 50% in the first half.

For WVU to have a chance of competing for the Big 12 and making some noise in the dance, there has to be great guard play. Some might say… well… bb… WVU had two of the highest scoring guard tandems in the Big 12… what more do you want?

I want to see guard play that is multi-dimensional. Or, have Huggy change up the offense so it allows Harris to simply do what he does best… stand outside of the arc and shoot the 3. We saw a glimpse of this in wins over KU and ISU when he allowed Staten to dribble penetrate and kick-out. But, Harris is such a poor handler of the ball, that DIEHARD's comments are true… he cannot stand anyone being in his grill… he cannot stand it when a player of length is guarding him.

I hope he works hard on ball handling drills this off-season to become a complete player. He should freakin' get a smile on his face every time someone in his grill… thinking… you're dead.

Or… stick to the Frank Young approach… and just bury 3's. But, quit trying to dribble penetrate… and forcing stupid TO's… trying to do… what you're not good at doing. That is the gospel according to Huggs… right?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those two complete bust classes have killed this team. I think Huggins can still coach on gameday, but has issues getting the right kids in the locker room.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was told by several folks on here during football season that it is unacceptable for a true Mountie fan to EVER say that a WVU team sucks.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...at least I think so.......Hey DAD your focus is in the wrong back yard!.....

WVU coach Bob Huggins avoided his fourth career losing season - the Mountaineers can do no worse than 17-16 - and escaped back-to-back losing seasons for the first time ever. There is light at the end of the tunnel with a senior-less roster, but West Virginia has lost 34 games the past two seasons.
That is the most losses by one coach in consecutive seasons ever at WVU. The Mountaineers lost 35 combined games in 2001-02 (8-20) and 2002-03 (14-15), but those years included the culmination of Gale Catlett's coaching career and the beginning of the John Beilein era in Morgantown.

How do you put lipstick on that pig??