• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Yellow Fuzzies

Great battle we have going, i need 26pts from Collins and Hopkins tomorrow for the comeback/division title
Nail biting shit here!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Yellow Fuzzies

Great battle we have going, i need 26pts from Collins and Hopkins tomorrow for the comeback/division title
Nail biting shit here!
I need a defensive stand on Monday night to get to the playoffs. You could still make it with a loss. Very tight to the end.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit...I flip flopped three times between Doug Martin and Jamaal Williams this morning, of course I choose wrong and lose because of it..now I gotta beat the Bandit, and get help to make the playoffs

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a defensive stand on Monday night to get to the playoffs. You could still make it with a loss. Very tight to the end.

Actually need 30, your odds got better, i think a few extra tackles for your idp - i should've left both browns LBs in, i chose poorly

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it's really looking like there will be 9 teams still alive for the 6 playoff spots going to the last week of the regular season. This league is close!!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade between Harold and Lefty effective WK 13.
Lefty sends Corey Clement, Chris Carson and Lavonte David
Harold sends Marshawn Lynch, Larry Fitzgerald and Ryan Shazier

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens determined to ****** Hopkins every snap, killing me. Drawing multiple flags every possession in the 2nd half

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, didn't realize they blocked words on these boards, for fucks sake

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consequences for tanking ever defined in this league?
I don't like over stepping my position, but outright tanking spoils the fun/competitiveness in the league.

I'm not tanking D2 and I haven't had a chance at playoffs for months in that league

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consequences for tanking ever defined in this league?
I don't like over stepping my position, but outright tanking spoils the fun/competitiveness in the league.

I'm not tanking D2 and I haven't had a chance at playoffs for months in that league

Well that's the reason I did a lottery for the bottom 3 teams for the first pick, so they can tank all they want and they might still only end up with the 3rd pick. As long as they field a full team there's no rule. I can't really force people to make the lineup decisions that I feel they should. Especially considering how terrible I've been at lineup decisions. LOL.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's the reason I did a lottery for the bottom 3 teams for the first pick, so they can tank all they want and they might still only end up with the 3rd pick. As long as they field a full team there's no rule. I can't really force people to make the lineup decisions that I feel they should. Especially considering how terrible I've been at lineup decisions. LOL.

I did forget about lottery part, so that makes it better. Would have a very difficult time understanding the logic behind benching Julio for lafell and snead AND 2 other flex spots.

Next thing you know he's gonna play Curtis Painter as his QB!

I've made plenty of terrible lineup decisions, so I get it, but should still be kept within reason.
And it is actually to my detriment that I bring this up, since that is my opponent this weekend

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tossed a team for that behavior last year didn't we?

We did, but to be fair Micro didn't even bother to keep a legal lineup. On the bright side Tim isn't trying to get cute, he's got his best guys starting. So kudos to him.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently I need to address this again. I've already talked to the team involved about this last week. He set a full lineup and had active players in every position. Yes, he benched Julio Jones and it was the one freaking week this year that he decided to show up which made it look worse. He also benched Leonard Fournette for Wayne Gallman and Gallman outscored Fournette. If you have an active player in every position, there's not going to be any penalty to any team ever. If you start intentionally putting in guys that are inactive, or on IR, or benching most of your team except your kicker that's one thing, but I can't police everybody's lineup decisions and I don't want to. If you bench Leveon Bell for James Conner it won't make me happy, but I'm not going to "make" you change your lineup. His opponent last week had no chance to make the playoffs and neither did he. It had absolutely no effect on the playoffs for any team whatsoever. This is the whole reason that I created the lottery for the bottom 3 teams so if somebody wanted to intentionally make bad lineup decisions, they still wouldn't be guaranteed the first pick. And I want you guys to understand something, while I value all of your opinions a lot and love playing fantasy football with each and every one of you, as the commissioner of the league, it's my responsibility to police it, so please don't post on the message board of the league directly to the team involved, because that is exactly how ill feelings start happening between guys and I really don't want that to happen. You are all great guys, which is why I brought you all together in the first place. As all of you know being commissioners of your own leagues, it puts me in a very awkward position when I've already addressed something with a team and then it gets brought up again on the message board. It reflects on me as a commissioner since I invited all of the teams into the league and am responsible for the integrity of the league. So now every time I go into the league page I get a reminder of it on the chat screen and it makes me feel like crap and like I'm not doing my job.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit , I feel for ya brother. Anytime $ is involved, things can get get extra heated, extra fast, and the tightrope that the commish has to walk to keep the peace can be brutal.

Always a tough call, as I know I personally love playing my gut instinct calls that much more when I'm out of the running in any leagues. I can totally see why Julio was riding pine, I certainly would've considered it too. Perhaps I'm a softie, maybe even naive sometimes, but being a bit of a gambler, I'll always give the benefit of the doubt so long as a legal, active, lineup is being put together ever week. All owners should be allowed a certain bit of freedom to play the lineup they want. Had this been you, or I, or any other team in the running that made the same exact gut call, no one would say anything, except maybe, "well that was dumb, why'd you do that?"

Anyways, long story short, I feel ya, it sucks. I think you're handling everything as well as can be expected.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit , I feel for ya brother. Anytime $ is involved, things can get get extra heated, extra fast, and the tightrope that the commish has to walk to keep the peace can be brutal.

Always a tough call, as I know I personally love playing my gut instinct calls that much more when I'm out of the running in any leagues. I can totally see why Julio was riding pine, I certainly would've considered it too. Perhaps I'm a softie, maybe even naive sometimes, but being a bit of a gambler, I'll always give the benefit of the doubt so long as a legal, active, lineup is being put together ever week. All owners should be allowed a certain bit of freedom to play the lineup they want. Had this been you, or I, or any other team in the running that made the same exact gut call, no one would say anything, except maybe, "well that was dumb, why'd you do that?"

Anyways, long story short, I feel ya, it sucks. I think you're handling everything as well as can be expected.

Thanks Treff. I know that with what happened last year with Micro it makes everybody a little more apt to call shenanigans when things like this go on and I understand that, but like you said before, Micro's attitude toward the rest of the league in basically saying screw you I'll do whatever I want and then benching his entire team and having like 3 guys active was a new level of shitty tanking. Especially since he was the damn commissioner of the league!! I still for the life of me don't understand his thought process of that last year, but it seemed like he started just with little lineup changes and then when he got called out on it, instead of just setting his lineup correctly after that he chose to get pissed off and say, "Well you think I was tanking before, I'll show you tanking" and got in an imaginary pissing contest to prove some kind of point. I mean don't get me wrong, him getting thrown out did get me in the league, so I guess I appreciate now and I honestly think that if the same lottery rule for the bottom three had been in place in that league then it wouldn't have done him any good to act that way, which was why that was the first rule I came up with when deciding on starting my own.