• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G Thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about B1G football.

Ohio State is still the best.

Michigan is getting slightly better but has a ways to go.

Wisconsin still has awesome running backs and trees for offensive linemen.

Sparty is sinking fast.

Penn State isn't as bad as everyone thought, and may not sink too low.

NW is inexplicably competitive.

Nebraska needs a new head coach to get over the hump.

:dance:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan isn't getting better at all. They had a terrible DC who they replaced with a good one when they hired Hoke. Outside of defensive schemes, the entire team is trending downward under Hoke. Whenever Greg Mattison retires or leaves for another pro job, that team is screwed.

At this point, it is the OSU and Wisconsin conference. In the long term, it will probably be the OSU conference, with Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan, and Nebraska rising up from time to time.

This year, the B1G champ will be decided when we travel to Columbus.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan isn't getting better at all. They had a terrible DC who they replaced with a good one when they hired Hoke. Outside of defensive schemes, the entire team is trending downward under Hoke. Whenever Greg Mattison retires or leaves for another pro job, that team is screwed.

At this point, it is the OSU and Wisconsin conference. In the long term, it will probably be the OSU conference, with Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan, and Nebraska rising up from time to time.

This year, the B1G champ will be decided when we travel to Columbus.

I hate to say it, but I think you're definitely wrong about them getting better. They couldn't have been worse under RR, and while I don't think Chris Christie is a great coach, he is bringing in some serious talent. Gardner is a really good QB, and that Green kid coming in will likely be starting for the next 3 years. If they could recruit some decent WRs and another QB behind Gardner, they'd be a real good offensive team. They've also had some real good players come in on defense.

I also am reserving my prediction for Wisconsin until I see what your QB is able to do, whomever he ends up being. I love your new coach and can now go back to respecting you since dumbshit isn't running the show. If you had a halfway decent coach in 2011, we'd of seen you against LSU in the NCG.

You have the pieces to be a real good team, and I think this year will be a 4-way battle for the league title. I'd rank it:

1. Ohio State
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan
4. Nebraska

5. Northwestern
6. Michigan State
7. Penn State

8. Purdue
9. Indiana
10. Minnesota
11. Illinois
12. Iowa

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, My inflated ego just cant handle another thread with my name in it. But I did think you would be the one to create this Sox33OSU.... Well done.

Mods... B1G guise prolly dont wanna see my name in their daily thread though. Just a thought...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I think you're definitely wrong about them getting better. They couldn't have been worse under RR, and while I don't think Chris Christie is a great coach, he is bringing in some serious talent. Gardner is a really good QB, and that Green kid coming in will likely be starting for the next 3 years. If they could recruit some decent WRs and another QB behind Gardner, they'd be a real good offensive team. They've also had some real good players come in on defense.

I also am reserving my prediction for Wisconsin until I see what your QB is able to do, whomever he ends up being. I love your new coach and can now go back to respecting you since dumbshit isn't running the show. If you had a halfway decent coach in 2011, we'd of seen you against LSU in the NCG.

You have the pieces to be a real good team, and I think this year will be a 4-way battle for the league title. I'd rank it:

1. Ohio State
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan
4. Nebraska

5. Northwestern
6. Michigan State
7. Penn State

8. Purdue
9. Indiana
10. Minnesota
11. Illinois
12. Iowa

Ok, I'll take a stab at it...

2013 B1G Projections

Legends

1 Nebraska (Nebraska wins game vs Michigan to capture Legends)
1 (tie) Michigan
3 Michigan State
4 Northwestern
5 Iowa
6 Minnesota

Leaders

1 Ohio State ( Lose 1 lone game all season, but that loss comes at the hands of Michigan.)
2 Wisconsin
3 Purdue
4 Penn State
5 Indiana
6 Illinois

B1G CCG Ohio State over Nebraska

Ohio State to Rose Bowl. Either Michigan or Nebraska will be chosen as an at large BCS game. Depending on UCLA game, Nebraska goes if they beat the Bruins, if not Michigan gets BCS berth.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help but scoff at Smart claiming the B1G title game will be decided in columbus between wiscy and Ohio.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most likely scenario by far is tOSU playing the winner of Nebraska @ Michigan.

2nd most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of Northwestern @ Nebraska.

3rd most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of a three way tie between Northwestern, Michigan, and Nebraska.

4th most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of Nebraska vs Michigan St.

5th most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of a three way tie between Michigan, Michigan st. and Nebraska.

6th most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of a three way tie between Michigan St., Northwestern, and Nebraska.

It goes for like 5 more scenarios before Wisconsin even becomes apart of the discussion.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most likely scenario by far is tOSU playing the winner of Nebraska @ Michigan.

2nd most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of Northwestern @ Nebraska.

3rd most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of a three way tie between Northwestern, Michigan, and Nebraska.

4th most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of Nebraska vs Michigan St.

5th most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of a three way tie between Michigan, Michigan st. and Nebraska.

6th most likely scenario is Ohio playing the winner of a three way tie between Michigan St., Northwestern, and Nebraska.

It goes for like 5 more scenarios before Wisconsin even becomes apart of the discussion.

Tough to argue against this.

Wisky had 4 losses in the B1G last year. The only thing they have going for them is this conference schedule

Purdue
@ OSU
NWestern
@ Illinois
@ Iowa
Indiana
@ Minnesota
Penn State

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 conference cupcakes in a row. Alvarez set the B1G schedules now???

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, My inflated ego just cant handle another thread with my name in it. But I did think you would be the one to create this Sox33OSU.... Well done. Mods... B1G guise prolly dont wanna see my name in their daily thread though. Just a thought...[/QUOTE

class act, Mr. Mamba...

I noted, on Mamba's 'C'mon guys, get with it' thread, Iron Horse's 'respect' post for the guy who originated the wildly successful B1G thread. That thread was wildly successful for many reasons, not the least of which involved the OP's (and a small cadre of friends) daily contributions...but (and this is a huge BUT)...the thread's true popularity was secured by the almost daily contributions of many, many people from within/without the B1G discussing the issues of the day...and many of those people were regularly irked by the OP's assumed ownership/moderation of just what issues could be discussed on 'his' thread.

Sox330OSU?...take Mamba's advice, please. Re-start the thread, and they (we) will come.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could of made a tOhioSt thread!!! :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Ohio State
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan
4. Nebraska

5. Northwestern
6. Michigan State
7. Penn State

8. Purdue
9. Indiana
10. Minnesota
11. Illinois
12. Iowa

Mine are:

1. tOhio State
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska
4. Northwestern
5. Wisky
6. Penn St
7. Michigan State
8. Purdue
9. Indiana
10. Minnesota
11. Iowa
12. Illinois

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, My inflated ego just cant handle another thread with my name in it. But I did think you would be the one to create this Sox33OSU.... Well done.

Mods... B1G guise prolly dont wanna see my name in their daily thread though. Just a thought...

Am I able to edit it or is it hammertime?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to argue against this.

Wisky had 4 losses in the B1G last year. The only thing they have going for them is this conference schedule

Purdue
@ OSU
NWestern
@ Illinois
@ Iowa
Indiana
@ Minnesota
Penn State

You left out the part about three of those being in overtime and the fourth one being against a team we almost dropped 90 on in a rematch.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out the part about three of those being in overtime and the fourth one being against a team we almost dropped 90 on in a rematch.
But still losses.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But still losses.

I have to go with Smart on this one. That Wisconsin team was a lot better than their record. They aren't going to have that fortune this year. Seriously, if you guys had some semblance of a decent QB last year, you quite honestly could've gone to the Rose without the need of sanctions against OSU and PSU, and you definitely could've beaten Stanford.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may be last gasp for years to come for MSU

Homer yo picking O-less Michigan Snakes 2nd in Legends due to NOT playing OSU, UW or PSU and hosting UM in E. Lansing.

Legends
1 UN
2 MSU
3 UM
4 NU
5 IA
6 MN

Leaders
1 OSU
2 UW
3 PSU
4 IU
5 PU
6 UI

B1G CCG OSU > UN

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is predicted to suck big time so of course we will probably go 10-2 and win our division. In all honesty I think OSU is the class of their division with Wisky being 2nd best BUT a team that could surpirse in that division is Indiana. In the Legends I seriously think NW is the best team followed closely by the Huskers. I too see Michigan taking a step back, not a big one but the Wolverines arent as good as NW or Neb.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is predicted to suck big time so of course we will probably go 10-2 and win our division. In all honesty I think OSU is the class of their division with Wisky being 2nd best BUT a team that could surpirse in that division is Indiana. In the Legends I seriously think NW is the best team followed closely by the Huskers. I too see Michigan taking a step back, not a big one but the Wolverines arent as good as NW or Neb.

I can hardly name a single player on Iowa this year. I can't remember the last time they were this faceless.

As far as Michigan goes, and I don't like saying this, but I think they will be at the top of the Leaders at year's end, regardless of the outcome of the OSU-UM game. They have a solid defense, and Gardner is a better QB than Denard by quite a bit, and he'll fit their offense better. If Green is the real deal, they'll actually have a running game, something they desperately needed last year.