• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The AL's best team wins, Yanks and O's don't, and the bloodhound gang is murderous!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to start a thread...from yesterdays discussion

this is the head of NFL security on the hernandez issue and everyone having powerful hindsight:

NFL security chief: Criticizing Patriots is 20/20 hindsight | ProFootballTalk

NFL security chief: Criticizing Patriots is 20/20 hindsight

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 28, 2013, 6:57 AM EDT
hernandez5.jpg
Getty Images

The Patriots have taken some criticism in the last couple weeks, as stories about Aaron Hernandez’s checkered past have led to questions about why New England drafted him, and why the team gave him a $40 million contract extension last year. But the man who oversees the NFL’s security department says that criticism of the Patriots is unfair.
NFL security director Jeff Miller told Alex Marvez of FOX Sports that no issues the league or the teams knew of with Hernandez suggested that he could be a murderer.
That’s a difficult criticism to make of any club,” Miller said. “It’s hard to predict how a young man is going to perform and mature. Certainly there are players who have been drafted where teams know they are taking a calculated risk. Sometimes, the risk is greater than others. Hindsight is always 20/20 in a situation where a player gets into serious trouble and people say, ‘See, I knew this was going to happen.’ Even though I’m sure there are a lot of clubs that have concerns about certain players going into the draft, if those players are drafted, the teams try to work with them through their player engagement and security personnel to take the steps necessary to prevent the kinds of things that can cause big problems to a player and a team.”
Teams always want to take the steps necessary to prevent big problems off the field, but in the case of Hernandez, Miller thinks a first-degree murder charge is something no one could have seen coming.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now, this

Accomplice told that Hernandez did it

Updated: July 10, 2013, 3:52 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

According to court documents released Tuesday, Ortiz told police that Ernest Wallace, a second alleged accomplice, told him the day after the shooting that Hernandez admitted to killing Lloyd.
After Lloyd was shot near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass., Ortiz and Wallace returned to Bristol, Conn. That is where, according to court records made public in Florida Tuesday, Ortiz told police that Wallace said Hernandez shot Lloyd.
The documents were drawn up to justify a search of Wallace's home in Miramar, Fla., where Wallace was arrested about 10 days ago.
Also Tuesday, warrants obtained to search Hernandez's home were unsealed, showing an uncooperative Hernandez slamming his door and locking it when officers told him they were investigating a death. The documents show surveillance video of Hernandez in his home shortly after Lloyd was killed, with what appears to be a gun in his hands.
Police also served a warrant for possessions removed from Hernandez's Patriots locker. For all the searches detailed in almost 160 page of documents, the gun used to shoot and kill Lloyd is still missing.
The records also show a vehicle wanted in a double killing in Boston a year before had been rented in Hernandez's name.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty in Lloyd's killing. His legal team did not return email messages Tuesday. Wallace faces an accessory to murder charge in the case and has pleaded not guilty.
Prosecutors say Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz drove with Lloyd in a rented Nissan Altima to the industrial park where Lloyd was fatally shot.
Ortiz told police that during the drive Hernandez told Lloyd that Lloyd had been "chilling" with people Hernandez had problems with, the documents say. But Ortiz told police the two men shook hands and the problem seemed smoothed over. However, the Altima soon stopped, and everyone but Ortiz got out to urinate, according to Ortiz's account.
The witness told police he then heard gunshots before Hernandez and Wallace got back into the car without Lloyd and the car sped away.
Ortiz said he couldn't see who fired the shots because it was dark. Back at Hernandez's home, Ortiz said, Wallace asked him to get a small gun out from under the driver's seat. Ortiz said he did and gave it to Hernandez once they were inside.
Ortiz said he then went to sleep. When he woke up in the afternoon, according to his account, the three men returned the Altima and rented a Chrysler 300 before returning to Hernandez's home. Ortiz and Wallace then went to an apartment in the area that Hernandez and other football players used. Wallace let Ortiz in before leaving for a long time, the documents say. The two then drove to Bristol. Ortiz told police Wallace said Hernandez shot Lloyd.
Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz appear linked through Bristol. Wallace told Florida police he grew up with Hernandez's father. Ortiz's attorney, John Connors, said Tuesday his client, who's athletic and around the age of Hernandez's older brother, is from Bristol.
A rifle, ammunition and video surveillance equipment were among the items police seized from Hernandez's home.
The documents also say Hernandez called his girlfriend's cellphone and stopped her from speaking with police after they pulled her over and told her Lloyd was dead.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iwakuma was as bad as bad as allen webster last night

this is why i like this sox team...down 5-1, they didnt stop.

sox BP allowed 1 run over just shy of 7 innings last ight

this 90+ win team keeps chugging

and, JBJ went yard, along with the declinin' hawaiin, ortiz, napoli and pedroia

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now, this

Accomplice told that Hernandez did it

Updated: July 10, 2013, 3:52 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

According to court documents released Tuesday, Ortiz told police that Ernest Wallace, a second alleged accomplice, told him the day after the shooting that Hernandez admitted to killing Lloyd.
After Lloyd was shot near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass., Ortiz and Wallace returned to Bristol, Conn. That is where, according to court records made public in Florida Tuesday, Ortiz told police that Wallace said Hernandez shot Lloyd.
The documents were drawn up to justify a search of Wallace's home in Miramar, Fla., where Wallace was arrested about 10 days ago.
Also Tuesday, warrants obtained to search Hernandez's home were unsealed, showing an uncooperative Hernandez slamming his door and locking it when officers told him they were investigating a death. The documents show surveillance video of Hernandez in his home shortly after Lloyd was killed, with what appears to be a gun in his hands.
Police also served a warrant for possessions removed from Hernandez's Patriots locker. For all the searches detailed in almost 160 page of documents, the gun used to shoot and kill Lloyd is still missing.
The records also show a vehicle wanted in a double killing in Boston a year before had been rented in Hernandez's name.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty in Lloyd's killing. His legal team did not return email messages Tuesday. Wallace faces an accessory to murder charge in the case and has pleaded not guilty.
Prosecutors say Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz drove with Lloyd in a rented Nissan Altima to the industrial park where Lloyd was fatally shot.
Ortiz told police that during the drive Hernandez told Lloyd that Lloyd had been "chilling" with people Hernandez had problems with, the documents say. But Ortiz told police the two men shook hands and the problem seemed smoothed over. However, the Altima soon stopped, and everyone but Ortiz got out to urinate, according to Ortiz's account.
The witness told police he then heard gunshots before Hernandez and Wallace got back into the car without Lloyd and the car sped away.
Ortiz said he couldn't see who fired the shots because it was dark. Back at Hernandez's home, Ortiz said, Wallace asked him to get a small gun out from under the driver's seat. Ortiz said he did and gave it to Hernandez once they were inside.
Ortiz said he then went to sleep. When he woke up in the afternoon, according to his account, the three men returned the Altima and rented a Chrysler 300 before returning to Hernandez's home. Ortiz and Wallace then went to an apartment in the area that Hernandez and other football players used. Wallace let Ortiz in before leaving for a long time, the documents say. The two then drove to Bristol. Ortiz told police Wallace said Hernandez shot Lloyd.
Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz appear linked through Bristol. Wallace told Florida police he grew up with Hernandez's father. Ortiz's attorney, John Connors, said Tuesday his client, who's athletic and around the age of Hernandez's older brother, is from Bristol.
A rifle, ammunition and video surveillance equipment were among the items police seized from Hernandez's home.
The documents also say Hernandez called his girlfriend's cellphone and stopped her from speaking with police after they pulled her over and told her Lloyd was dead.

Hernandez's defense team will have a field day with this though. Why didn't he get out of the car? Why didn't he piss? Why didn't they go back to the house to piss since it was only a mile away? Why did he go to sleep? Why didn't he ask where the other guy was? etc. etc.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB is going to thoss the book at everyone in this biogenesis thing. Arod, braun (who wont talk, wonder why?) and a slew of others will be suspended after the AS break (so as not to take away from the game).

MLB wont let braun walk twice, and this could be the end of Arod

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iwakuma was as bad as bad as allen webster last night

this is why i like this sox team...down 5-1, they didnt stop.

sox BP allowed 1 run over just shy of 7 innings last ight

this 90+ win team keeps chugging

and, JBJ went yard, along with the declinin' hawaiin, ortiz, napoli and pedroia

Still giving up 8 runs to that line-up... Doesn't make me too confident in the rotation. Bullpen is going to be very tired at the end of this season

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez's defense team will have a field day with this though. Why didn't he get out of the car? Why didn't he piss? Why didn't they go back to the house to piss since it was only a mile away? Why did he go to sleep? Why didn't he ask where the other guy was? etc. etc.

lmao

dude, hes arguably the dumbest serial killer in history

hes completely guilty

45 to life

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still giving up 8 runs to that line-up... Doesn't make me too confident in the rotation. Bullpen is going to be very tired at the end of this season

i know, webster was terrible...but...its nice to see the pen do that when needed

as long as it isnt every night that is

you hear about that fake tweet under a phone danny knobler CBS twitter account? even 98.5 bit on my way home...that papelbon was traded to detroit for 2 of their top prospects. guess this fake account had thousands of duped followers, and as soon as the trade rumor went viral, it got deleted.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

dude, hes arguably the dumbest serial killer in history

hes completely guilty

45 to life

Oh I'm not saying he isn't guilty. Guys a moron... Just saying the defense team will pick this "he told me" story apart. But there is plenty of evidence to nail Hernandez.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not saying he isn't guilty. Guys a moron... Just saying the defense team will pick this "he told me" story apart. But there is plenty of evidence to nail Hernandez.

any sleezeball defense lawyer will pick it apart, true

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anna Benson arrested

Updated: July 9, 2013, 8:31 PM ET
By Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

Anna Benson, the estranged wife of former New York Mets pitcher Kris Benson, was arrested Monday and charged with two counts of aggravated assault and battery with a gun, possession of a firearm in a felony and criminal trespass.
According to a police report, a fully armed Anna confronted Kris in the Smyrna, Ga., home they once shared, but that she now is under order to vacate. She was carrying a handgun and wearing a bulletproof vest. The former Penthouse model also had a hatchet, expandable baton and a taser in her possession.

mlb_e_benson_gb1_65.jpg

Benson
Once she was arrested and searched, officers found Anna wearing an ammo belt and carrying a red knife inside her waistband. A bag of syringes was also found in the house, according to the police report.
Anna Benson is being held without bond by Cobb County.
She was a controversial figure even in happier times and likely contributed to the Mets' decision to part ways with Kris after she came to the team's family-friendly Christmas party dressed as a sexy Mrs. Claus. In 2004, she famously told Howard Stern she would sleep with all of her husband's teammates if he ever cheated on her.
Filed on Monday, the police report details that Anna said she entered the house through the garage and confronted Kris in the bedroom, hitting a computer monitor with the expandable baton. Kris Benson told police that Anna got the gun out of her purse and said she wanted $30,000.
Kris told Anna he was going to get her a cigarette lighter and when she didn't follow him downstairs, he left the house and called police. When police arrived, they found Anna on the back porch smoking a cigarette. She told them the gun was inside.
Police asked Kris whether he thought Anna was going to shoot him and he said, "Maybe." He said that Anna had been screaming and out of control.
When the police asked Anna about the bulletproof vest, she said she was testing it for a company and had to wear it for long periods of time to get it to "mold to her body."
When told she was being arrested, Anna Benson started crying and said she hadn't done anything wrong.
The assault charges carry up to 20 years in the case of a conviction, according to the Cobb County District Attorney's office.
Kris Benson, who filed for divorce in July 2012, last appeared in the majors in 2010, starting three games for the Arizona Diamondbacks. The couple has three children together, and Anna has another child from a previous relationship.
The couple met when Anna, who had been married once before, was a dancer at an Atlanta strip club and were married in 1999. She filed for divorce once in 2006 but later withdrew the petition.
Kris was drafted by the Pirates in 1996 and debuted for Pittsburgh three years later. He played for the Mets for fewer than two seasons, in 2004 and 2005, but they were memorable given the headlines the couple made.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Patriots organization has learned something from all of this, and they won't continue to endorse "winning" in liue of "good morals."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Patriots organization has learned something from all of this, and they won't continue to endorse "winning" in liue of "good morals."

:noidea:

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

little early to be pining for Hammer, no?

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone notice that verlander sucks now?

fastball between 89-92 last night with an occasional 95

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
world

thoughts on last night?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone notice that verlander sucks now?

fastball between 89-92 last night with an occasional 95

he insisted last week it was a delivery flaw they found

now he tops out where he usually lives, around 95