• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Holds the Nation's Interest

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd that the quartet CLAIMS that our rivalries do not matter, that the ACC is a horrible league, that the B12 is great, YET feel the need to constantly try to put down our rivals and their new league, sounds like someone is a little unsure about where we ended up, otherwise he wouldn't feel the need to shoot off his mouth about it. If the ACC really sucks, and the B12 is great, it will be self evident. :scratch:

I think it is, the gap is prob closer than what a lot of us believe but there is no question the Big12 is better on the field.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

If the ACC sucks? :lol:

It is self evident...whatever that means. If it means they have proven to everyone they suck.. then yeah... the evidence is there.

You want to be part of a shitty conference like the ACC where no one goes to the games, and no one cares about the outcome?
You look more foolish with each post, 33,000 at IAST wvu game.......

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad has gone on the record as saying, he would have put us in the Big 12 with knowing what we knew then.

I'm glad we are in the Big12 myself. I like it. I think there are some rivalries that are starting to bud. ie: TCU and Baylor is another.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how we can't talk about other conferences sucking, this is a sports site right?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look more foolish with each post, 33,000 at IAST wvu game.......

:lol:

1995 BE football… Backyard Rivalry Game… Milan Puskar Stadium… 38,000.

DAD, how many fans were at the WVU vs TCU game? :lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why it matters to DAD if I start a thread about a nationally televised game played in front of no one, and likely watched by no one.

DAD, you can't say that exhibits big time football.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, TEAMS play ball, leagues do not, Ohio state fills their stadium every game, Indiana nearly never. Texas fills every seat, Kansas is half full. League has nothing to do with it. We are in a league that in the top tier, that is all that matters, yes I'd prefer to be in the ACC playing against our rivals, as I believe many would agree, and anyone who says they do not care about our old rivals is lying, or they wouldn't be posting things to belittle them.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

Our old rivals are playing in the Colonial Athletic Association at the FCS level. You want to play against them?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is difficult for DAD to understand? I never wanted WVU to be in the ACC. Outside of the BE, it has been the laughing stock of college football since it was formed. I wanted WVU to go to the SEC when it was apparent that the BE was dying.

WVU was never on equal ground with its so-called rivals. Only VT has as rabid a fanbase. Pitt, SU, BC, and who else? WVU does not need to be in the same conference to continue playing Pitt. Many examples of rivalries between schools not in the same conference held during rivalry week.

I love making an example of the ACC because they snubbed us. The arrogance of their charter members is and has always been sickening to me. I remember the band from UofV mocking WV. I hate being around Duke and UNC fans when I head south.

Last night, the ACC Commish wanted to spotlight WF. The ACC makes the schedules, they selected this game to be in the national spotlight. Is that a joke... or what?

Any WVU fan who makes an argument that they'd prefer to be in the ACC because of rivals... loses the common sense argument... every time.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:peep:

Sounds like you WVU fans are still pretty sour about not getting an ACC invitation. Ironic that WVU got snubbed because of academics, yet here's UNC in the middle of this ugly scandal. I agree the ACC has a lot of half empty stadiums and that looks bad, but what do you expect from the private schools (BC, Duke, Miami, Wake Forest)? Wake Forest's enrollment is only 7500!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... some WVU fans are sour. Just like the VT fans were when originally the Hokies were snubbed by the ACC as BC, Miami and SU were invited to join.

So... you get it... right?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:peep:

Sounds like you WVU fans are still pretty sour about not getting an ACC invitation. Ironic that WVU got snubbed because of academics, yet here's UNC in the middle of this ugly scandal. I agree the ACC has a lot of half empty stadiums and that looks bad, but what do you expect from the private schools (BC, Duke, Miami, Wake Forest)? Wake Forest's enrollment is only 7500!!

The academic issue has been proven to be complete bunk after UL and now UNC,ND,SU having academic fraud issues and oh by the way the conference commish was the AD at UNC while the fraud was happening ( and of course he had no clue it was going on :pound:).
Geography is about the only drawback for us IMO. For fans like myself in southern WV road games to see WVU at UVA,VT,Wake,Pitt, and the Carolina schools would be a much easier trip for sure (assuming we had all landed in the same side) but from a national perspective I think we are in a better situation. I KNOW we are financially and that's the name of the game moving forward. I'm not convinced that all of the ACC programs can say they are set to compete on everyone else's level meaning the rest of the P5's. Time will tell I suppose.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... some WVU fans are sour. Just like the VT fans were when originally the Hokies were snubbed by the ACC as BC, Miami and SU were invited to join.

So... you get it... right?

Sure, I think most of us get that. But VT was a good fit in every way for the ACC. We are right in the heart if ACC country.

I'm not sure how good of a fit that WVU is for the ACC. I'm not saying that to be a dick, but other than Pittsburgh and VT, they have no true rivals in the ACC. They aren't in the footprint and most importantly don't bring much to the table wrt expanding the TV market. That was likely the biggest reason WVU wasn't considered. It's all about exposure and $$$$.

I won't even get into the academic part of it, even though that does matter somewhat. Our big brothers (so they think) to the northeast think they are academically superior to Vt... When in reality it is quite the opposite. Anyhow... I like to talk football and flexing some sorta academic muscle in this conversation would be silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has the ACC made any progress on a conference network? I know that was the thinking with Pitt and SU and TV markets but so far..... Doesn't seem to be much interest.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure DAD will explain to you why WVU is a good fit for the ACC.

As far as rivals... half of the ACC is from the BE. WVU played against BC, VT, SU, Miami and Pitt before the BE was formed.

I'm pretty sure FSU and Clemson wanted WVU... but, WVU does not fit in the ACC. The kids wearing shirts and ties to football games... does not jive with the hillbilly way.

WVU is a much better fit in the Big 12...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh. Yeah, WVU played the Big East schools. But I judge a "true" rivalry on how much said teams really have a general disgust and dislike for one another. :evil:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did VT have a lot of true rivals in the ACC when you joined?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh. Yeah, WVU played the Big East schools. But I judge a "true" rivalry on how much said teams really have a general disgust and dislike for one another. :evil:

There was HATRED between WVU and .Cuse, that was a true rivalry, WVU and BC were rivals, had a true dislike and ruined each other's chances at a big bowl a few times, we had a nice rivalry with UL developing, there will always be a connection to free shoes, and I think a good healthy dislike would develops pretty quick with Clemson, UVA and GT. We made not have fit in with duke and UNC socially, but we damn sure would fit football, roundball, and geographically. There are about six teams in the ACC that most WVU fans genuinely dislike, your gobblers included.:suds:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is difficult for DAD to understand? I never wanted WVU to be in the ACC. Outside of the BE, it has been the laughing stock of college football since it was formed. I wanted WVU to go to the SEC when it was apparent that the BE was dying.

WVU was never on equal ground with its so-called rivals. Only VT has as rabid a fanbase. Pitt, SU, BC, and who else? WVU does not need to be in the same conference to continue playing Pitt. Many examples of rivalries between schools not in the same conference held during rivalry week.

I love making an example of the ACC because they snubbed us. The arrogance of their charter members is and has always been sickening to me. I remember the band from UofV mocking WV. I hate being around Duke and UNC fans when I head south.

Last night, the ACC Commish wanted to spotlight WF. The ACC makes the schedules, they selected this game to be in the national spotlight. Is that a joke... or what?

Any WVU fan who makes an argument that they'd prefer to be in the ACC because of rivals... loses the common sense argument... every time.
Talk about a butthurt response. Claiming that missing 100 year rivalries goes against common sense is pure :bullshit:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a butthurt response. Claiming that missing 100 year rivalries goes against common sense is pure :bullshit:

:bullshit: ... Really? Why does WVU have to be in the ACC to continue its rivalry with Pitt? :lame: