• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 31 Days of WrestleMania

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WrestleMania 30- Review

WrestleMania 30
From the Superdome in New Orleans, LA
Attendance: 75,167 (PPV buys: Around 600,000
[Keep in mind, this is around the time the WWE Network launched])
Best Match: See the Main Event

Worst match: The Shield vs. Kane and New Age Outlaws (To be honest, none of the matches on this card were too bad. But I DO wish that this match could've been a bit longer.)

Most pleasant surprise: The opening of the show (Guess WWE wasn't kidding when they said this WrestleMania would be a celebration. In the opening, we had Hogan, Austin, and Rock in the same ring. 'Nuff said.)

Biggest disappointment: Undertaker losing to Brock Lesner; John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (Tie) (You know why Taker vs. Lesner is highlighted here, as Taker's 21-match winning streak at WrestleMania came to an end.
But to me, Cena vs. Wyatt was the bigger disappointment. Kinda wish Cena turned heel in that match...)

Main event: Daniel Bryan defeats Randy Orton and Dave Batista, wins the WWE World Title (Good bye, Mr. Bryan. People may argue about how your career ended, or if you were hiding injuries, or backstage politics.
But just remember, Mr. Bryan. You'll always have this night in New Orleans: The night where everyone said "YES!" to you... even Vince McMahon.)

Other key notes: You thought it was a shock when Bruno Sammartino made up with the WWE and got inducted into the Hall of Fame? Well, the Ultimate Warrior stunned a lot of people when HE made up with WWE and got inducted. Sadly, he would be gone 2 days after this WrestleMania.
- Other inductees include Paul Bearer, Scott Hall as "Razor Ramon", Carlos Colon, Mr. T, Amy Dumas as "Lita", and a stirring speech from Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

By god... I only have one more WrestleMania to go! And that's last year's installment from California...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WrestleMania 31- Review

WrestleMania 31
From Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California
Attendance: 76,976
Best match: Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins (To be honest, all but one of the matches of this card were delightful, so you can pick your own winner for this category. But to me, that "RKO outta nowhere" sealed the win for Orton vs. Rollins.)

Worst match and Biggest disappointment: Triple H vs. Sting (That one match that wasn't delightful? This one. It turned into "WWE vs. WCW" real quick, the commentary did no favors, and I personally didn't like all the interference.)

Most pleasant surprise: John Cena vs. Rusev (As expected, Cena got to win. But before that happened, Rusev looked like a BOSS in his entrance to the ring and did a few good moves IN the ring as well.
P.S: Sadly, this was the beginning of the end for Rusev as Cena would crush his reputation to pieces.)

Lame comedy skit: (Of course, I'm referring to the in-ring confrontation with Stephanie [Shut the hell up] McMahon, Triple H, the Rock, and Miss Ronda Rousey.)

Main event: Roman Reigns defeats Brock Les- OH MY GOD, SETH ROLLINS IS CASHING IN MONEY IN THE BANK!

The REAL main event: Seth Rollins defeats Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns, wins the WWE World Title
(...Wow! Rollins is a f---ing GENIUS! For the next 20,30, even 50 years we'll look back on that moment and say "That's one of the greatest WrestleMania moments EVER".
But before that happened, Lesnar earned a lot of street cred as he made Roman Reigns look like a bad@$$. You can boo Roman all you want this Sunday, but Lesnar made Roman a star that night.)

Other key notes: A fun fact about Brey Wyatt: He proved to everyone that Undertaker still has that "WrestleMania aura" in him at this event. So why hasn't Wyatt gotten a WWE World Title shot?!
- WrestleCrap.com may mock the build-up to the IC-title ladder match, but to me it showed that "everyone wants the Intercontinental Title". And when Daniel Bryan won it, the fans cheered. Sadly, that match would be Bryan's last hurrah as he was shelved a short time later.
- Hall of Fame inductees from 2015 include Kevin Nash (Appropriate), Randy Savage (About time), Debrah Miceli (as Alundra Blayze), Rikishi (Really?), Larry Zbyszko (Good old-school selection), Arnold Schwarzenegger (Celebrity-wing guy), and Tatsumi Fujinami. Wait, almost forgot the Bushwhackers.
- Oh, I almost forgot! The "Warrior Award" was introduced at this event, and Connor "The Crusher" Michalek touched everyone's heart in WWE as the first winner.

:sigh: ...It's finally over. 31 WrestleMania's in 31 days... Thank you to everyone who read this thread, and I'll check back on WrestleMania Sunday.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Michael PS Hayes speech transcend wrestling. That was brilliant, inspiring, powerful stuff. It's just interesting that Sting wasn't much of a promo in the 90s because he's gotten really comfortable on camera. It seemed like even though he retired he hinted at involvement in Mania.. "this isn't good bye. this is see you soon"...