• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 24 Minute NBA Draft II QF1 : Mookie vs Femur

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOOKIE

FIRST HALF
PG - Isiah Thomas - Pistons
SG - Chris Mullin - Warriors
SF - Kawhi Leonard - Spurs
PF - Chris Webber - Kings
C - Yao Ming - Rockets

SECOND HALF
PG - John Stockton - Jazz
SG - Kobe Bryant - Lakers
SF - Larry Bird - Celtics
PF - Shawn Kemp - Sonics
C - Alonzo Mourning - Heat

VS

FEMUR

FIRST HALF
PG - Earl "The Pearl" Monroe - Knicks
SG - Tracy McGrady - Rockets
SF - Dominique Wilkins - Hawks
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo - Bucks
C - Dikembe Mutombo - Nuggets

SECOND HALF
PG - Steph Curry - Warriors
SG - Sam Jones - Celtics
SF - LeBron James - Cavaliers
PF - Elvin Hayes - Wizards
C - David Robinson - Spurs

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOOKIE - 1
FEMUR - 5

VOTED - Femur, Mookie, Milk, Sushi, UK, Meebs

Race to 5

Last edited:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team with Bird

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Femur... For obvious reasons...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back and forth on this a couple times but I got Femur by a hair. I think the first half, Mook's lineup likely gets the better end of this. Second half I got Femur. I think his lineup is more skilled overall, think they would get the better end of that matchup.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mookie has a slight first half edge, Femur has a little more of an edge in the second half because of his front court

Femur

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Femur has a solid squad and I admit that he has a 3-2 player advantage over me (I guess even 4-1 I just think that Kemp would more than hold his own against Big E) in the 2nd half...but I think the spread between Admiral over Alonzo, Lebron over Bird, and Curry over Stockton is pretty minimal, and who is going to guard Kobe? Feel like he would eat Sam Jones alive. Switch and put Lebron him and there's no one to guard Bird. Again, great team by Femur and has the overall number of better players in 2nd half, but I think Kobe mitigates a lot of that.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats @femurov nice W - even though no one is taking down a team with Mamba and Larry Legend in the really real world :)

Enjoy Bird or Kobe!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would have switched Mook's lineups around and I think Mookie might win this if he does...possibly..

FIRST HALF
SF - Larry Bird - Celtics - The clear #1 option and he has Mullin and IT around him.
PF - Shawn Kemp - Sonics
C - Yao Ming - Rockets

SECOND HALF
SF - Kawhi Leonard - Spurs - matches up against Lebron. Still a great shooter alongside Kobe
PF - Chris Webber - Kings - spaces the floor around Kobe more than Kemp.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would have switched Mook's lineups around and I think Mookie might win this if he does...possibly..

FIRST HALF
SF - Larry Bird - Celtics - The clear #1 option and he has Mullin and IT around him.
PF - Shawn Kemp - Sonics
C - Yao Ming - Rockets

SECOND HALF
SF - Kawhi Leonard - Spurs - matches up against Lebron. Still a great shooter alongside Kobe
PF - Chris Webber - Kings - spaces the floor around Kobe more than Kemp.
nah I gotta disagree with that. I'm not putting Mullin and Bird in one lineup when so much of what they do is similar...plus giving up a lot of athleticism on the wings. Plus I'm not in love with Kobe/Kawhi in the same lineup either. Both are best with the ball in their hands and I'd rather pair each of them with a more elite passer/shooter in Mullin or Bird, and keep a stud perimeter defender in both lineups. Originally I wanted to go small ball and put Kawhi at the 3, Bird at the 4, and I would have but it would have left me a little light on 1st half elite talent. If you have Larry Bird and you play him anywhere but the last portion of a game, you are making a mistake imo. I thought having 2 awesome finals MVPs (all but 1 multiple times) in each lineup was strong and would have been recognized a little more but whatever. The one hard decision I made was which lineup to put Webber in and which to put Kemp in. Ultimately with CWebb being such a good passer, I didn't feel the need to pair him with Bird, but maybe I should have - I would LOVE to see the chemistry between those 2 on the court. The one year Bird played with Walton, the passing displays they put on were nothing short of incredible. Plus I like pairing up Rainman's athleticism with Bird - that would be so damn fun to watch

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah I gotta disagree with that. I'm not putting Mullin and Bird in one lineup when so much of what they do is similar...plus giving up a lot of athleticism on the wings. Plus I'm not in love with Kobe/Kawhi in the same lineup either. Both are best with the ball in their hands and I'd rather pair each of them with a more elite passer/shooter in Mullin or Bird, and keep a stud perimeter defender in both lineups. Originally I wanted to go small ball and put Kawhi at the 3, Bird at the 4, and I would have but it would have left me a little light on 1st half elite talent. If you have Larry Bird and you play him anywhere but the last portion of a game, you are making a mistake imo. I thought having 2 awesome finals MVPs (all but 1 multiple times) in each lineup was strong and would have been recognized a little more but whatever. The one hard decision I made was which lineup to put Webber in and which to put Kemp in. Ultimately with CWebb being such a good passer, I didn't feel the need to pair him with Bird, but maybe I should have - I would LOVE to see the chemistry between those 2 on the court. The one year Bird played with Walton, the passing displays they put on were nothing short of incredible. Plus I like pairing up Rainman's athleticism with Bird - that would be so damn fun to watch
I'd have gone Zeke Kobe Bird CWebb and Zo and tried to get by with the other squad

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have gone Zeke Kobe Bird CWebb and Zo and tried to get by with the other squad
originally planned on going Zeke with the 2nd half squad, and like that lineup a lot better than pairing Bird with Mullin. Nos put Stockton in the 2nd half lineup and I kinda just ran with it. I'd depend on Zeke for scoring a little more than I would with Stockton, and with Kobe and Bird already in that 2nd half lineup, I'd rather have the ultimate facilitator in Stockton. Zeke brings more to the 1st half lineup imo, where his scoring ability is needed a little more. Plus it keeps 2 finals mvps in each lineup rather than 3 and 1. I appreciate everyone's input but I don't think there's anything at all with how my lineups are set - both have perfect balance and chemistry. I was just light at C which I feel is what really hurt me. I think people forget how dope Kemp was for a time, especially when he's your 5th best player in a rotation.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like not putting Stockton with a skilled scoring big is a huge waste of his talents. Not saying he would suck, but him in a P&R with Webb would be amazing, especially with the secondary play making of Webber. I think those two should have definitely been paired together.

Also think Kobe and Yao are a natural fit together. The chemistry he had with TMac was evident and Yao could step away from the basket too. Really underrated passer too as a big. Think he paired better with Kemp as the high flyer.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like not putting Stockton with a skilled scoring big is a huge waste of his talents. Not saying he would suck, but him in a P&R with Webb would be amazing, especially with the secondary play making of Webber. I think those two should have definitely been paired together.

Also think Kobe and Yao are a natural fit together. The chemistry he had with TMac was evident and Yao could step away from the basket too. Really underrated passer too as a big. Think he paired better with Kemp as the high flyer.
hahah anyone else have a f'n problem with how I set my lineup?? this is getting laughable

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp and Bird aren't skilled bigs? Alonzo can't come off a pick and roll and nail elbow jumpers all day?? cmon man

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Klaw alongside Kobe makes more sense to me AND the CWebb move then also makes more sense. Bird alongside IT and Mullin...that fastbreak would be sick...but the Klaw and Bird are really similar players as well..both can shoot, nice size, can rebound and pass. Bird being the better passer...so it doesn't make a huge difference. But I do like the CWebb move to the 2nd half at least.