• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making 45% and 37% of his shots.

Coby? 45% and 38%.

It's a wash in shooting. But, Maxey is the better scorer and passer while White is a slightly better rebounder
I was not commenting on nor care about MIP--- I was looking at Maxey and whether he is a legitimate #2 option on a contender- which is much more relevant than some award no one cares about.

Combine that with the fact that Maxey really might have had the ball in his hands as much or more ethan anyone in the league--- is he that type of guy? Does he deserve the ball in his hands as much as SGA, Doncic, etc.??? I would say no- but, admittedly, it happened more out of necesity than a well thought out plan I would say.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not commenting on nor care about MIP--- I was looking at Maxey and whether he is a legitimate #2 option on a contender- which is much more relevant than some award no one cares about.

Combine that with the fact that Maxey really might have had the ball in his hands as much or more ethan anyone in the league--- is he that type of guy? Does he deserve the ball in his hands as much as SGA, Doncic, etc.??? I would say no- but, admittedly, it happened more out of necesity than a well thought out plan I would say.
Why is he 4th in FGA? What event caused him to shoot more?

You failed to acknowledge it with fightin'. But something happened causing them to drop to the playin and Maxey to shoulder more of the offense.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxey is clearly the winner of this award and a big part of that is the fact that he should have won it one of the last two years. None of those guys you mentioned played themselves into being All Stars. Grayson Allen?!?!?!? WTF are we even doing here haha.

He had a much better case last year than this year

Far bigger improvement

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh...efficiency wise he is def. on the lower end of the scale for guys that shoot around that many shots per game.
You’re a fucking idiot because you keep coming back to a point based on skewed stats because of Embiid’s absence.
I understand it though- especially with Embiid out for so long- he basically had the ball in his hands as much as any player in the NBA this season. They did eventually get Lowry who can handle the ball a little bit (even though he is mostly cooked), but no one else on that team can really handle the ball.

They desperately needed the volume from him this year and he stepped up to his credit.

I find it hard to believe you think Maxey is well suited for a #2 role. Looking around the NBA you see guys like Brown, Booker, Davis, Kyrie, George, Murray, Edwards (or Towns depending on how you see it) that he really isn't on the level for, Though he would be a better #2 then other guys on the Knicks- prob. the Bucks at this point---- OKC at least for now, some other fringe contenders
Maxey is 23 years old and has made a leap every year. His game fits great alongside Joel Embiid. You don’t understand what you’re watching. Embiid’s skill and size is paired with Maxey’s skill and speed. Defenses have struggled to take away both. Maxey has provided a better Embiid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SGA and Doncic are ball dominant ones.

For the third time (you’re a slow learner)… you are so focused on shots per game and time with the ball in his hands despite the fact that it’s already been explained to you why those numbers are exorbitant and meaningless.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a much better case last year than this year

Far bigger improvement
Should he be punished for that when he still made a huge leap this year greater than Coby Fluke Trash White?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SGA and Doncic are ball dominant ones.

For the third time (you’re a slow learner)… you are so focused on shots per game and time with the ball in his hands despite the fact that it’s already been explained to you why those numbers are exorbitant and meaningless.
I mean obviously with Embiid hurt for a lot of the year and no one else on the team a ball handler that is any good- their 2nd scorer being someone who is basically stationery (Harris) of course he was going to have the ball in his hands as much as anyone in the league.

While that was def. not the plan- I also think the fact they had no one on the team that can initiate offense besides him was an oversight.

my main point the whole time was the fact I think he is ill-suited as a #2 even though he has #2 numbers this years. If Embiid plays like the best player in the NBA maybe it can be overcome- LeBron did more with less at points in his career.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re a fucking idiot because you keep coming back to a point based on skewed stats because of Embiid’s absence.

Maxey is 23 years old and has made a leap every year. His game fits great alongside Joel Embiid. You don’t understand what you’re watching. Embiid’s skill and size is paired with Maxey’s skill and speed. Defenses have struggled to take away both. Maxey has provided a better Embiid.
I guess we will see in the playoffs where he is at and if his usage actually justifies/corresponds to winning in the playoffs. My guess is that is a No- but if Embiid is at his best he can cover up for a lot.

Come playoff time would I rather have Edwards, Booker, Kyrie, George, Brown, Davis, etc. as my #2? Yes. Only real arguable is Kyire but he has done it before in the playoffs and has seemed to recover some of his sanity.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will see in the playoffs where he is at and if his usage actually justifies/corresponds to winning in the playoffs. My guess is that is a No- but if Embiid is at his best he can cover up for a lot.

Come playoff time would I rather have Edwards, Booker, Kyrie, George, Brown, Davis, etc. as my #2? Yes. Only real arguable is Kyire but he has done it before in the playoffs and has seemed to recover some of his sanity.
Only Edwards here is same age as Maxey and Edwards has actually done less than Maxey in the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He played 70. Coby White is only in the mix because he gets Lavine’s minutes and shots on an under .500 10 seed. I can’t believe this is even going to be as close as it is. Maybe it’s too early to project and the Anti-Sixers Mass Holes at the Ringer is swinging the early vote unduly.

I have to say, this award is meaningless if they pick Coby Fucking White over Tyrese Maxey.

Maxey obviously the better player.

But he was also very good last year.

Which somewhat hurts his chances to get MIP.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxey is clearly the winner of this award and a big part of that is the fact that he should have won it one of the last two years. None of those guys you mentioned played themselves into being All Stars. Grayson Allen?!?!?!? WTF are we even doing here haha.

He started from a higher plane than any of them coming into the season. Again, if it's truly about 1 season improvement, he wouldn't be the runaway winner. Of course as with all awards, they end up rather nebulous.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxey obviously the better player.

But he was also very good last year.

Which somewhat hurts his chances to get MIP.

Yeah.

This one isn’t hat hard to figure out

Funbaga acting like he’s leaping from year 1 to today in one season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

This one isn’t hat hard to figure out

Funbaga acting like he’s leaping from year 1 to today in one season
If the Coby White gain is the best example to be offered then yeah, this is Maxey all day. Guy goes from 3rd option to the All Star team.