• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer something this year but I don’t want to make the wrong move. The Lavine move is chasing a name which was Brett Brown/Colangelo shit and we will figure out how to make it work. Simmons/Embiid/Butler/Harris was such a weird force feed. They need to find a third option, not a guy who thinks he’s a first option and just chucks shots. They have WalMart brand Lavine now coming off the bench in Oubre.

I’m not sure that’s true.

Getting 3 other guys who don’t need the ball and space it out could also easily work

Ideally it would be bridges but you can’t have a shot at him until the draft imo

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure that’s true.

Getting 3 other guys who don’t need the ball and space it out could also easily work

Ideally it would be bridges but you can’t have a shot at him until the draft imo
Bridges is ideal there. At the same time, I think the Nets are trying to do their build with him.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges is ideal there. At the same time, I think the Nets are trying to do their build with him.

yeah you need to find other bridges types.

Could even be a buddy hield with that 2026 pick.

Kind of a bridge the gap thing.

still have 3 firsts and swaps for the summer while making your team better this year

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Presti has already completely forgotten about that player. Enjoy him, maybe he'll be good. It means nothing to OKC
Did Presti say this himself or did you simply pull it out of your ass? Either way he'll remember that trade soon enough. Not the best look for any executive not to recall his own transactions (not that it's actually true either way)...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer something this year but I don’t want to make the wrong move. The Lavine move is chasing a name which was Brett Brown/Colangelo shit and we will figure out how to make it work. Simmons/Embiid/Butler/Harris was such a weird force feed. They need to find a third option, not a guy who thinks he’s a first option and just chucks shots. They have WalMart brand Lavine now coming off the bench in Oubre.
LOL Your rambling often grows tiresome but this one is actually spot on...

As I've said before, I just don't think that dream FA Morey is pursuing is actually out there. Which is why I would have taken Powell in the Harden trade.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Presti say this himself or did you simply pull it out of your ass? Either way he'll remember that trade soon enough. Not the best look for any executive not to recall his own transactions (not that it's actually true either way)...
LOL are you for real?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs comeback was nuts

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL are you for real?
I'll probably regret responding since talking to you is like talking to a wall with your tendencies to manipulate a conversation using language that was never actually implied.

But, it's highly unlikely (actually, zero chance) a GM literally "forgets" his own transaction. Conventional wisdom at the time suggests Presti made the right move. It was the #30 pick and it's pretty much a given that the 2027 pick was going to be greater.

However, everyone and their mother likes to hold it against the Hornets for not keeping Kobe with their pick. The same logic applies here. OKC never actually had Watson just as Charlotte never actually had Kobe.

That said, if Watson molds into a starter level contributor five years down the line, OKC would not be wrong to look back and realize he was used with their #30 pick. And if the 2027 draft proves to be weak...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably regret responding since talking to you is like talking to a wall with your tendencies to manipulate a conversation using language that was never actually implied.

But, it's highly unlikely (actually, zero chance) a GM literally "forgets" his own transaction. Conventional wisdom at the time suggests Presti made the right move. It was the #30 pick and it's pretty much a given that the 2027 pick was going to be greater.

However, everyone and their mother likes to hold it against the Hornets for not keeping Kobe with their pick. The same logic applies here. OKC never actually had Watson just as Charlotte never actually had Kobe.

That said, if Watson molds into a starter level contributor five years down the line, OKC would not be wrong to look back and realize he was used with their #30 pick. And if the 2027 draft proves to be weak...
Ok I'm going to ask something and I'm not trolling, are you on the spectrum, maybe a little? You seem to have a problem with taking things literally and focusing on minutiae in a conversation where people are just shooting the shit about sports.

I don't know if Presti literally forgot about that trade or not. That wasn't the point of my comment. You seem unable to recognize the irrelevance of this player. It means nothing to OKC. They have dozens of picks and too many players for their roster. So what if they cast off some bench dude? No one cares. That's what I meant by him "forgetting", the lack of importance.

If you are on the spectrum I will respectfully refrain from messing with you anymore, it would explain a lot about your posting style. We're here to talk shit and bust each other's balls and have sports takes and argue them, and you treat it like some serious debate. So maybe that's you being neuro-atypical?

Sosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wemby just took it to KD and the Suns. Great game tonight, best one this season

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm going to ask something and I'm not trolling, are you on the spectrum, maybe a little? You seem to have a problem with taking things literally and focusing on minutiae in a conversation where people are just shooting the shit about sports.

I don't know if Presti literally forgot about that trade or not. That wasn't the point of my comment. You seem unable to recognize the irrelevance of this player. It means nothing to OKC. They have dozens of picks and too many players for their roster. So what if they cast off some bench dude? No one cares. That's what I meant by him "forgetting", the lack of importance.

If you are on the spectrum I will respectfully refrain from messing with you anymore, it would explain a lot about your posting style. We're here to talk shit and bust each other's balls and have sports takes and argue them, and you treat it like some serious debate. So maybe that's you being neuro-atypical?
Well if you weren’t actually serious about your “forgetting” comment maybe you should make that known next time. It would go a long way. That’s on you and you only have yourself to blame for phrasing it the way you did.

Even the best GM’s make bad trades. Sam Presti himself would tell you this. No one bats 1.000. One of Pop’s first moves with the Spurs was trading Dennis Rodman for Will Perdue. Case and point.

I get OKC’s situation and all that of having too many first rounders. That said, if Watson, still only 21, develops into a starter level player in the Nuggets’ championship culture, they have every right to look back and ask the question if they should have looked into this guy a little more.

Is Sam Presti going to lose sleep over it? No, but the notion that he “doesn’t care” at all is untrue as well.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have thought twice about this

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Your rambling often grows tiresome but this one is actually spot on...

As I've said before, I just don't think that dream FA Morey is pursuing is actually out there. Which is why I would have taken Powell in the Harden trade.
Why do you keep repeating yourself then? I’m not a geriatric

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you weren’t actually serious about your “forgetting” comment maybe you should make that known next time. It would go a long way. That’s on you and you only have yourself to blame for phrasing it the way you did.

Uh, no. Pretty much every other poster here knew that he didn't mean Presti literally forgot. So, that's on you for not understanding what everyone else did.

Hence, his spectrum question.